• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Hour and a Half of Project CARS

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by William Marsh, May 7, 2015.

1. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide!

Ratings:
    +1,798
    I usually wonder the same thing, especially when so many other people are having good experiences with the AI. There's a similar issue in R3E, the AI will often ram you from behind when you go too slow but I use that as a sign that I should be able to take that turn much faster. Once I figure out how to get through that turn faster, suddenly I stop getting rear-ended by the AI drivers. So that's more of a human driver problem than an AI problem, and ends up being a good learning tool. I presume the situation is similar with pCars, if you do something strange that the AI don't expect you to do then you're probably going to get hit (just like you would by a human driver).

2. William Marsh

William Marsh

Ratings:
    +41
    Well two examples that come to mind from my experience are the AI braking at times when the should not. For example, I had the AI slam on the brakes at the top of Eau Rouge with the Lotus 49 (no cars in front to prompt that behavior).

Another one is in the video I posted. In the 2nd Watkins Glen race, a guy was hard on the brakes at the top of the Esses. He wasn't in danger of hitting the wall, he just randomly went on the brakes. I was in his draft and I tried to dodge, but didn't have enough time.

3. Chris Partridge

Chris Partridge
    Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    Here's my definition of a sim. Where for any given car and track, a near 1:1 correlation of telemetry data is achieved with a real life comparable car and track. There is a fantastic blog on this with rFactor software here:

https://drracing.wordpress.com/2014/01/03/how-close-is-close-enough/#comment-69

A definition of sim varies with whoever you ask - but for me numbers and raw comparable data doesn’t lie.

4. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Ratings:
    +354
    I find they're quite 'assertive' about taking their racing line, even if you have your nose in front going into the corner. It makes overtaking interesting, but I'm still enjoying it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.