FM7 Hotwheels Expansion Coming to Forza 7 Next Week

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza Motorsport 7 will be celebrating 50 years of Hotwheels next week with a brand new selection of cars from the children's (and adults) favourite brand.

Having released a very successful Hotwheels Expansion Pack DLC for Forza Horizon 3 back in early 2017, Turn 10 Studios are unleashing the magic of the Hotwheels brand once again in the Forza series of games, adding no less than seven new cars to Forza Motorsport 7 as part of the 50th anniversary celebrations of the well known brand.

Adding some of the most iconic models of the long running Hotwheels franchise, plus other assorted goodies such as new driver suits, FM7 owners won't be the only ones able to get in on the action. Turn 10 Studios have confirmed the seven cars of the pack will also be added to Horizon 4 over the course of a number of weeks too, although we are yet to be furnished with a timetable of when these cars will be including into Horizon 4.

The new DLC for Forza Motorsport 7 will be included as part of the next major build update, expected to land on November 6th.

Forza Motorsport 7 is available for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC now.

FM7 Hotwheels DLC.jpg

Check out the Forza Motorsport 7 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest from the smash hit Forza racing game franchise.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to the Hotwheels DLC coming to FM7? Do you enjoy this kind of content in Forza? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Before I started simracing I bought all the Forzas.Forza 7 is by far the worst of them all & more cars are the last thing the game needs least of all some toy cars that like all the off road trucks do not belong in a motorsports game.They belong in Horizon.
If you have never played a racing game or if you are a reviewer for a games magazine then the game is great.The Metacritic rating of 86 v a user score of 5.9. says a lot.
The amount of cars in the game is unbelivable 700 plus & that includes some very nice older race cars.So with all those great Gr 5 & Imsa cars to race you try to set up a race against AI with the menus & with 24 slots you would think it would give you 20-24 different cars.No.It gives you 3 or 4 that are close to yours in performance.You can improve things if you fiddle with the settings but it takes about 20 mins to set up the race.What is irritating is that in Forza 4 you could choose each car for every race & there was also points awarded so you had a championship.
Online racing is an appalling crashfest & compared to other games is an embarrassment.Also In previous versions 4 friends could set up a race & fill out the other 20 places on the grid with AI.Another great feature removed.
The car count is impressive but the track selection is poor.They brought back Maple Valley,Suzuka & Mugello but there were zero new real racing circuits & none have arrived as DLC.They added Dubai which is one of those terrible Forza tracks which is sweeping Freeway/Motorway style roads with pretty scenery which is just horrible for racing with few hard braking corners.
They also added useless prize crates (loot boxes),they introduced homologation which works for the career & some races but also messed with the PI system & all the leaderboards,the list could go on....
The most suprising thing was that on release the game was a broken mess.Previous versions had always been solid on release with only minor flaws.
I think the key problem is that the developers are "car guys" & not motorsport fans.Will be interesting to see how they develop the next version.GT Sport & PC2 are way more innovative than Forza 7.Must make it worse that the Forza Horizon (developed elsewhere)series is such a success.

Before I started simracing I bought all the Forzas.Forza 7 is by far the worst of them all & more cars are the last thing the game needs least of all some toy cars that like all the off road trucks do not belong in a motorsports game.They belong in Horizon.
If you have never played a racing game or if you are a reviewer for a games magazine then the game is great.The Metacritic rating of 86 v a user score of 5.9. says a lot.
The amount of cars in the game is unbelivable 700 plus & that includes some very nice older race cars.So with all those great Gr 5 & Imsa cars to race you try to set up a race against AI with the menus & with 24 slots you would think it would give you 20-24 different cars.No.It gives you 3 or 4 that are close to yours in performance.You can improve things if you fiddle with the settings but it takes about 20 mins to set up the race.What is irritating is that in Forza 4 you could choose each car for every race & there was also points awarded so you had a championship.
Online racing is an appalling crashfest & compared to other games is an embarrassment.Also In previous versions 4 friends could set up a race & fill out the other 20 places on the grid with AI.Another great feature removed.
The car count is impressive but the track selection is poor.They brought back Maple Valley,Suzuka & Mugello but there were zero new real racing circuits & none have arrived as DLC.They added Dubai which is one of those terrible Forza tracks which is sweeping Freeway/Motorway style roads with pretty scenery which is just horrible for racing with few hard braking corners.
They also added useless prize crates (loot boxes),they introduced homologation which works for the career & some races but also messed with the PI system & all the leaderboards,the list could go on....
The most suprising thing was that on release the game was a broken mess.Previous versions had always been solid on release with only minor flaws.
I think the key problem is that the developers are "car guys" & not motorsport fans.Will be interesting to see how they develop the next version.GT Sport & PC2 are way more innovative than Forza 7.Must make it worse that the Forza Horizon (developed elsewhere)series is such a success.
Now this is the sort of insight people need when making purchasing decisions. Thank you mate, I know to steer well clear of this. Used to like the Forza titles back in the day. Used to be a close thing between GT and Forza, now it seems they've lost their way a little....

Free cars are cool but fade quickly.

Turn 10 said they have been given the gift of time to continue FM7, so my thoughts are this.

Focus on improving the physics, FFB, multiplayer, AI, and for the love of God give us proper FOV adjustability.

There is plenty of content, lets improve the racing please.

This is the kind of thing that gets me to pay attention to games I'd otherwise have let slip by my radar. Besides, while they may be more outlandish designs, these are all real cars that have an actual real-world 1:1 replica and are drivable, so it's not a complete curveball. I do very much appreciate being able to mash together the realistic and the playful, though; that's where a lot of the major appeal of racing games matter to me, be it as subtle as a series racing on a course they're not actually sanctioned for, or as outlandish as a skeleton hot rod with a spinal column for a shifter.

That, and, uh, the racing suit with the 90's Hot Wheels logo on it looks like my Halloween costume from 2000, so it makes this game all the more tempting for me on decade-late wish fulfillment alone, though my enthusiasm is otherwise tempered by most of these vehicles having already been in a prior title.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 309 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%