Hotmail Passwords Leaked

http://www.makli.com/hotmail-passwords-leaked-008929/

Hotmail Passwords Leaked

October 6, 2009 by Mike
Filed under Internet

The largest web based email system is under attack. The passwords of thousands of account holders of Hotmail formally MSN Hotmail or Windows Live Hotmail had been leaked and published on a website. According to the reports, the several accounts were disrupted by the unknown party as Hotmail account holders having their address starting from A and B were published with login id and password on a website and penetrated by many net users.

Microsoft, the parent company of the MSN Hotmail had admitted the fact and the news around about the leakage of the thousands of account by unidentified people on the net. The estimated list of the victimized accounts is more then 10,000.

The Microsoft authorities had released the statement that they got the news and are well aware of the situation. They said they are investigation the matter and looking into it and trying their best to solve the issue as soon as possible. The reason is yet to be indentified but the experts suggested that it can be a phishing activity, which helped the hackers to gather such confidential information by the trick of fake websites having asked the basic and confidential information as the requirement from the website visitor.

The Microsoft suggested their customers to be calm as they are doing everything to secure the privacy of the customer as the most prior and important thing for them. They advised their customers to change their passwords for Hotmail, MSN and Live mail as soon as possible to avoid any further damage. It is anticipated that more accounts can be hacked by the hackers.

Windows Live Hotmail is the world’s biggest online free mail system with the population of more than 13 million.

Microsoft have to look into the matter and they have to make the system fool proof as competitors like Gmail are already shifting their clientage very rapidly.
Well I got a little bit suspicious because I received a :poop:load of junkmails recently. There are so many of these that I thought a mass junk have started.

Thoughts?

• Ariff Roose

I created a new hotmail account and i havent got shietloads of junks anymore:poop:

• Bert Van Waes

i believe so too, hahah :)

you've got to know the Birney humour eh ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 168 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.2%