Hotlaps and Replay Question for AC

I'd like to save by best hotlap for different car/track combos for later viewing and study in AC. Can someone explain how to do that in AC? (FWIW, I use CM and VR, if it matters)

Specifically, if I've run, say, 10 laps, and my best lap is Lap 8, how do I save ONLY lap 8 for later viewing?

Thanks!

While on track press esc, click view replay, press F1 to go to the driver view where you will be able to see the necessary info, open the lap times app to make it easier to find your lap (using the timeline bar at the bottom), then drag the bookends of that timeline bar to where you want your video to start and end, press save replay then change the name if you wish and select ok.

Not really sure about that one. Obviously if someone uploads it as a video or shares their replay file. People can send you their ghost also. Not sure if there is some specific place where you can find hotlaps other than searching YouTube. For setups there is something called thesetupmarket, I don't use it but it is a setup sharing site and app IIRC.

Is there a specific car and track combination you want a hotlap of? I'm sure someone here would be willing to upload a video for you.

While on track press esc, click view replay, press F1 to go to the driver view where you will be able to see the necessary info, open the lap times app to make it easier to find your lap (using the timeline bar at the bottom), then drag the bookends of that timeline bar to where you want your video to start and end, press save replay then change the name if you wish and select ok.
Thanks for that. I gave it a try and found it to be rather klunky in VR (with the da_n views changing without reason now and again).

IMO, AC needs an app that would automatically save either all hotlaps (for later viewing) or, better yet, select the quickest lap of a set or stint automatically and save it.

Even way back in the days of GPL, it was easier to save your quickest lap than it seems to be in AC. :(

TBH I don't find it much of an issue. VR doesn't work well with anything other than the F1 views and replays always start in F3 TV cam so you just have to hit F1 and then it is as simple as selecting which part of the video you want to save (if not the whole thing) and then to save it. For me it is a better solution than those auto save replay functions that chew up storage space saving even unwanted laps. Like you say though with an app there could be an option for people that dont want to manually save :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%