Hosts need to put collisions off untill ....

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
After today i am getting pretty sick of driving Monza. I love the track and the times are getting better every round, but the unexperienced drivers make racing to a hell there at the moment.
This weekend i did a totall of 12 races on Monza and in 10 of the i was knocked off from behind, leaving me stranded in the dirt, getting blackflagged, unrepairable damage and once i managed to get out and won the race.
Now my point of discussion. Some servers take it in own control and lock the server up with a password. But at the moment there arent really much open servers left to race on. Shouldnt it be a good idea to race with collisions off on open servers so people who are new to this game can learn how to drive and dont annoy others anymore with their ramming.
Please post your thoughts on this topic here

• Almencey

I'm acord with you TheStig[RPM]. Tonight i play in the race with you and I was happy for my new record 2.00.890. When the race start in the first corner i was knocked off from behind too.

We must asign a key to play with rules of championship.

You can publish this key here.

hmm... no collisions... that makes the game more UNrealistic, but that might be a solution... But I think those drivers who knock you off, just might be good, but not good enough. So they ram others of the track to win a race...

Another idea could be handing out Stop&Go penalties to the people who knock someone off. But then there is the question: when was something an accident or on purpose... Hard to decide that (for a PC... :D)

Of course it is a sim, but did you see any driver this season in the real WTCC, starting from the back of the grid and wants to overtake ALL racers in the first chicane? :p , i haven't

• Žiga Lipovec

to avoid turning colls off and server settings, i would suggest an observer, that would monitor drivers in practise and qualifying how they behave and drive at that time...
probably there wont be much volunteers so maybe there should be 1st person for 1st track, 2nd person for 2nd track and so on...or when player sets a good time and all adjustments, goes observe others...thats what i do somtimes when its long practise or qualifying time... :)
and every player that is on server should report for strange or unfair behaviour of another driver...

if there is possibility that some drivers could spoil the start or first corner, maybe there should be also a warmup lap or uofficial first race!? but i dont know if you restart the race if riders positions stays same as before restart :roll:

Agree with Stig on this, yes the race would then technically be a hotlapping session I suppose, but a hotlapping session is better than getting rammed off in the first corner, at least then if you crash you only have yourself to blame :p

Also a good idea Zion, there are admin on some servers such as the perfect racing one, but they seem more interested in kicking people who insult the people who just rammed them off than the people who did the ramming, from my experience anyway.

There is a server with collision off but it's really boring.
My advice when you play on public consider finishing a race a great result. I've stopped caring about my overall position in public races and just hoped i get a few fights before i get wiped out.

The only way i can see public server being safe from ramers is if Simbin would host their own (monitored constantly by admins) or introduce a monitoring system like iRacing has and imposing minimum rank when joining a certain server.

There is a server with collision off but it's really boring.
My advice when you play on public consider finishing a race a great result. I've stopped caring about my overall position in public races and just hoped i get a few fights before i get wiped out.

The only way i can see public server being safe from ramers is if Simbin would host their own (monitored constantly by admins) or introduce a monitoring system like iRacing has and imposing minimum rank when joining a certain server.

congratulations for resurrecting a thread that was almost 6 years old :D

btw the solution to all this are racing clubs :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%