Hosting a game?

Hi all,

I want to host a game just for 2 people to race each other + some AI, I got as far as setting up a game and getting it to show on the list of games being played. But that was it, once I got someone to join (or I tried to join theres) it kept saying 'Timed out' for both of us. Now, I had the same problem with Minecraft and assume it's the same issue, needing to port foward? Or is it something else?

If it's port fowarding, could someone give me a quick rundown on what I need to do for GSC? Is it just me needing to do it to host a game or will the other people need to aswell?

Thanks for this thread. I'm having the same issue. Tried to port forward the ports used by rF1 but same error. The .exe isn't firewalled. Don't know what else is needed. If someone is successful at hosting, please share the steps with us.

Thanks Alex. I thought that the portuguese FAQ was a "mirror" of the english one. Since this info isn't on the portuguese FAQ, I've translated it here so you or someone else with proper rights can update:

Quais portas preciso abrir para poder ser host de uma corrida (servidor dedicado)?
A porta TCP 34747 precisa estar aberta. Adicionalmente, as portas UDP 34597 e 34697 estão listadas no arquivo multiplayer.ini como padrão, e precisam estar abertas. Você precisa abrir novas portas a partir destes dois números em diante para cada servidor adicional.

Cheers
:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back