Horsma Raceway

Tracks Horsma Raceway 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Will look at looks other day as I will drive again.

As for bumps humps undulations, I did not think that it was repetitive. Just very common all around. However the feel was pretty nice, no harsh hits or anything unnatural.

And you are probably talking about road ruts, those are absolute worst thing, they cause bad tram lining and is just pure evil, in the road from my country that I have mentioned they got so bad that they touch the bottom of the car lol

Horsma is a lot of fun in older cars. The 1974 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR loves the Trophy layout. All three layouts are varied and have their own endearing quirks, but the Trophy is my favourite because of its fast flowing nature.

One suggestion, if you don't mind, is to reduce the height of, or remove entirely, the serrated/ridged red kerbs. The one at the start of the home straight seems superfluous - the wall on the left is a natural track limit and would encourage drivers to flirt with it as they try to get out of the final turn with as much speed as possible. So it might be an idea to get rid of it or convert it into a rumble strip. Elsewhere, the serrated red kerbs seem too high to me. But the variety of kerbing and road detailing is very impressive. Thank you for making such an entertaining track.

aerial-forward-motion-grassland-beautiful-field-green-grass-sunshine-trees-countryside-landscape-meadow-skyline-nature-sunshine-sunny-clear-blue-sky_bdfe3oidx_thumbnail-full06.png
Grass should get slightly yellowish when in the nice sunlight though. When looked at from direction opposing to sunshine direction.

Horsma is a lot of fun in older cars. The 1974 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR loves the Trophy layout. All three layouts are varied and have their own endearing quirks, but the Trophy is my favourite because of its fast flowing nature.

One suggestion, if you don't mind, is to reduce the height of, or remove entirely, the serrated/ridged red kerbs. The one at the start of the home straight seems superfluous - the wall on the left is a natural track limit and would encourage drivers to flirt with it as they try to get out of the final turn with as much speed as possible. So it might be an idea to get rid of it or convert it into a rumble strip. Elsewhere, the serrated red kerbs seem too high to me. But the variety of kerbing and road detailing is very impressive. Thank you for making such an entertaining track.
I have some reservations about that red kerb in the last corner as well. It is supposed to encourage cars to stay away from the wall there but it does seem to pull the cars towards the wall. I may need to figure out better solution there. One solution is to have a flat kerb next to the track and then an elevated concrete strip there (like nordschleife has in some corners early in the track) but I feel it wouldn't quite match the rest of the track. I definitely won't put any green astroturf there to make it like the wall of champions corner in canadian grand prix. I also don't want to just delete the kerb and leave just bare concrete there. The other two kerbs I feel are fine though. They are both sort of needed as you can other wise cut the track. Especially in the latter one.

I don't think the height is an issue though. In ac cars are pretty forgiving over bumps so you need height to make the kerbs especially scary. But even then if you drive the Club layout you can still completely attack the blue big kerbs without mercy in most cars. They are tall enough to touch the bottom of the car and cause issues if you try to complete murder them though.

I'll probably release a small 0.9.1 update in the next few days. I may have fixed the career events. The awards seem to work now in the assetto's own launcher. CM feels a bit more iffy. There was also a serious issue with some of the road surfaces having wrong names which causes them to give you cut track penalties. And new tree walls, wip image:
new_treewalls.png

There were also some other minor things like broken map.png for the Club layout and a levitating ad board and some uv issue with lods.

Looks awesome. IMO trees are the first thing which could improve the most in your track. Textures themselves seems to have trees that are slightly too differently shaded, or too differently colored for example. For example that pine in the middle seems to have some branches lighter by default, I'd try to make it look a bit more neutral, perhaps by editing yellows by selective colour. The some others trees looks right, others looks slightly washed out. Some seemed to have a little bit strange shading (with more detailed branches) as if normals were not up (of those branches).

Tarmac in your track looks interesting, it has darker and brighter patches, as if the track has dried out, but still slightly damp, was that the idea ? Anyway if not still looks cool to me.

I don't have the time for games now unfortunately, can't wait to drive your track again. With low sun angles when tracks looks the best, I wonder how you worked with specularity stuff.

I did go over the trees before the release to try to make their color more uniform but they are still little too different. One or two have bad textures I might redo. It is 100% texture issue, I just need to find a good level and set all the tree colors to that. The tarmac is a bit experimental and I need to work on it more.

I just had some driving in historic layout today again. And the track is simply epic to me. Also I can totally dig it, I hardly make mistakes or bin the car (just a little lol), because I can feel the flow really well.

Of course I do slight offtrack excursions here and there at the times as I get too fast, nothing major though, but I just discovered what you did with braking distance markers as they get hit, it was nice surprise to me.

Car looks lovely in the morning and in the evining too, also performs well.

Noticed some weird things with replay cam at the start/finish.

Have any of you drive the track in opposite direction? One of the things I thought about during development was adding reverse configs but decided against it because I did not like the reverse layouts (too many blind corners). If enough people do actually like driving the track in reverse I might add a layout for it. The pit exit would be mighty dangerous tho.

GREAT MOD.
RSR live timing does not recognize me for this track, why might that be?
I have no idea about rsr. Do they add the tracks manually or how it works? I am planning to post a small update today that fixes some smaller issues but if there is a bug with the track I'd like to include a fix for it too with the same the patch so don't end up doing micropatches twice a week. I think the rsr issue is down the surfaces.ini issue there is the 0.9 version. If you want I can get you 0.9.1 version to test that has it fixed to see if the rsr issue is still there.

Last edited:
Have any of you drive the track in opposite direction? One of the things I thought about during development was adding reverse configs but decided against it because I did not like the reverse layouts (too many blind corners). If enough people do actually like driving the track in reverse I might add a layout for it. The pit exit would be mighty dangerous tho.

I'm a big fan of reverse ribbons so you know my answer... ;)

I have no idea about rsr. Do they add the tracks manually or how it works? I am planning to post a small update today that fixes some smaller issues but if there is a bug with the track I'd like to include a fix for it too with the same the patch so don't end up doing micropatches twice a week. I think the rsr issue is down the surfaces.ini issue there is the 0.9 version. If you want I can get you 0.9.1 version to test that has it fixed to see if the rsr issue is still there.

Absolutely lets try that.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing