Horsma Raceway

Tracks Horsma Raceway 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Nooooooo we lost some bumpiness? I can't test it for a few days. I hope not.
It's only in a few spots where cars were bottoming out or "bucking" too much because of the repetitiveness. Otherwise, it still has probably 95% of the features from the previous version, and at the most, many of the "adjusted" bumps were only reduced slightly to reduce their "severity."

The Haunted Stick of Horsma
View attachment 317426
Legend has it a corner marshal lost his life on this corner. He stands vigilant, forever holding this stick to remind drivers of the dangers of the Horsma Raceway.

:) ;) :O_o: :sneaky: ;) :)

Seriously though, all the upgrades in the latest version are excellent! I see you've toned the bumps down in some areas where it was a little too much, and the other improvements are further progressing this track to be one of the best.

I wonder... leave the "stick" as is, but add a nearly transparent ghostly figure to hold it, maybe holding out the other arm as a warning.
I'll try fixing it but if it is actually really haunted I may just leave it alone.

Nooooooo we lost some bumpiness? I can't test it for a few days. I hope not.
Just a little bit. The bumps that were touched were a bit repetitive and very similar in two places. As soon as it was mentioned and I drove over them I noticed how exactly the same they were and felt. It felt like I had copy pasted bumps from area to other. Sort of this long wavy undulations. I have changed the bump shapes in those areas to make them different from each other and also reduce them a bit. Something like -20% change in size although the real difference is their placement in those parts. I did also touch the bumps in the fast right hand in the latter third part of the track. There I had accidentally placed wrong kind of bumps over the newer tarmac strips which made the whole width of the track be exactly the same despite having two kinds of tarmac. Now the newer strip of tarmac is little smoother as you'd expect. The racing line doesn't go exactly over it so this change is probably not very obvious when driving.

I also found a handful of tarmac patches and other road surface defects that I had not remembered to add to the physical road surface so they were unintentionally flat in 0.9. In 0.91 these can be felt through ffb as you go over them. These were pretty much all not on the racing line though. 98% or 99% of the track surface probably identical as it was before. I also added some scraping marks on some of the bumps to visually indicate that there is a bump there before you hit it. But only t hose where bottoming out would cause the scrape marks to appear. These were there in 0.9 but they were poorly visible due to the shader settings I had used.

The Haunted Stick of Horsma
View attachment 317426
Legend has it a corner marshal lost his life on this corner. He stands vigilant, forever holding this stick to remind drivers of the dangers of the Horsma Raceway.

:) ;) :O_o: :sneaky: ;) :)

Seriously though, all the upgrades in the latest version are excellent! I see you've toned the bumps down in some areas where it was a little too much, and the other improvements are further progressing this track to be one of the best.

I wonder... leave the "stick" as is, but add a nearly transparent ghostly figure to hold it, maybe holding out the other arm as a warning.
@Ghoults : if only somebody had reported this during testing... :whistling:

;)

First of all, what an AWESOME track! So much fun to race it. But there is a pit entry bug. We raced the trophy layout, so not sure if it's only on that layout or also the other ones. When you drive into the pits, you get a wrong way symbol showing for some seconds. Not a big deal, but there is another bug where you get teleported to your pitbox, just before you get to the wrong way symbol and get a time penalty and you lose a lap. Not sure what that is about....

I think it is an ac issue. If you have two roads going opposite directions on ac track and the roads are too close then ac gives opposite direction warnings. The trophy layout is the only one which has the pit entry close enough to the backstraight to trigger this. The solution is to move the pit road little further away so the warning goes away and I hope that will fix the teleporting issue as well. I started working on it already.

In the meanwhile turning off penalties for driving wrong way in server settings or turning off penalties in offline mode probably gets rid of the issue.

Uploading 0.9.2.

Fixed issue with trophy layout giving wrong way warnings on pit entry. Fix was to move the pit entry road a little bit and make it more dangerous. Previously the pit entry took a wider turn before he pits which took it too close to the backstraight and triggered wrong way messages in ac. Remember to brake...
new_pits.jpg

Slowly working towards 1.0. Working on wet track now. I have divided the driving surfaces for all layout so that each has little more grip on racing surface in the dry but in the wet there is more grip off the racing line. It is fun trying to figure out where to take the rain line and where to stay on the normal driving line :).

Currently I am trying to figure out the grip levels. By default the track has 0.98 grip and for the rain I currently have 0.697 and little bit more for off the racing line. It is little bit too much at the moment but I think couple of percent lower and it is fine. The grip levels will probably change because currently it is without the spray effect and adding the spray with DIRT_ADDITIVE makes the tires dirty which removes grip so you need to add something back or you'll be driving on ice. The harder tthing to figure out is the grip difference between the racing line and the other parts of the track in the wet.

Also did some work with the concrete walls and adjusted the colors to make the grass less neon green. Maybe I'll post a lap video once I have the ai etc set up.
sURStby.png

sehDhwb.png

pZnbqMc.png

0e8T6YL.png

The outside views are for some reason a lot darker:
CsiBE8t.png

sMTQ7hQ.png

3IAFJ7p.png

Hey Ghoults. Once again we will race this amazing track in our community (I will rank this track in top 3 race tracks released for AC this year). I noticed there are 40 garages in the pit, but only 30 pitboxes. Could the pitboxes be increased to 40 in your new update or is there a problem preventing that?

Hey Ghoults. Once again we will race this amazing track in our community (I will rank this track in top 3 race tracks released for AC this year). I noticed there are 40 garages in the pit, but only 30 pitboxes. Could the pitboxes be increased to 40 in your new update or is there a problem preventing that?
I don't think there are real issues to stop me from increasing the count to 40 or even little higher. The main issue with increasing the garage numbers is that the pits become more crowded and the back of the grid has to start before the last corner of the main straight. Maybe I'll need to add starting lights for the back grid. I think I can do 40.

In general I think the track is close to 1.0 release and I'd like to get it out next weekend. I'd not want to do 1.0 and then release mini patch immediatelly afterwards so I have to think the logistics a bit more.

Ghoults updated Horsma Raceway with a new update entry:

1.0 Release! Added wet layouts +more

2UMnvi8.png

v5XSbDF.png
lhRfJkA.png

Version 1.0
- added grip differences to driving surfaces. Track surface is now grippier on racing line.
- added rain versions of the layouts. Racing line is less grippy in the wet so taking different lines through some corners and going off the racing line gives more grip. This is to simulate the oil and dirt and the smoother surface of the racing line...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing