Tracks Horsma Raceway

One of the thing I'm thinking about now is the physical meshes. For normal driving physics meshes do people create different meshes for the racing line and non-racing line? Or do you just create smaller blobs in places where you have more dirt spreading onto the track and so forth?

I don't have any rain mods installed yet but my understanding is that there is no rain driving line so that different parts of the track have no different grip levels? Is it worth making separate road meshes with low grip value for things like puddles, smooth rubbered tarmac parts and rougher more grippier parts etc.?

One of the thing I'm thinking about now is the physical meshes. For normal driving physics meshes do people create different meshes for the racing line and non-racing line? Or do you just create smaller blobs in places where you have more dirt spreading onto the track and so forth?

I don't have any rain mods installed yet but my understanding is that there is no rain driving line so that different parts of the track have no different grip levels? Is it worth making separate road meshes with low grip value for things like puddles, smooth rubbered tarmac parts and rougher more grippier parts etc.?

AFAIK @mantasisg is the only guy who's done variable grip on a wet weather track so far. He may be able to provide some insight :)

I think Goodwood wet is pretty cool and would love to see another wet track where the physical matches the visuals. I know the spray in the wet mod uses dirt so you have to add dirt for road layers but that also means constant dirt for anyone not using the wet mod. I don't think it is variable either so spray is on/off rather than increasing with higher dirt values.

I also am not aware of any tracks with a static "racing line" grip, I think it would be nice to try it out. I know LilSki was considering it for Riverside but am not aware of any tracks that are using it.

That all brings up a followup point; Sol and WeatherFX are going to bring more features to the table as well, some of this stuff may be obsolete then.

Unless there's a full light setup hiding under the opaque covers it'd need the lens + trim ring, the black outer trim with screws where it meets the bodywork, and the inner light bucket in body color to go with the transparent cover. If we want the cover to be switchable like the mirrors I think we then need an animation? Not my department, though... :redface:

Setting up the covers on/off in the setup menu (once the animation exists) and making the lights themselves is a simple job on my end.

56321638-770-0@2X.jpg

Unless there's a full light setup hiding under the opaque covers
It does, just checked. If it is possible to do the animations on blender and I can get the ini file for sdk then it sounds like pretty quick job.

edit. I'll look into the animations thing and pm you later @aphidgod

Last edited:
Weekly eh update. Most fixing small issues. Moving kerbs to get rid of tiny holes that cause bright flickering spots and adding night lights and some buildings.

Refurbished the factory building outside of turn 1. It is not very visible when driving so it is pretty bare. The logo/name probably needs a 3d mesh to stand out more.
ioHJZem.jpg

Added night lights. Would have posted a video but the lights don't work in replays so just pictures this time. Most lights under bridges, lit indoor areas and other smaller bits still missing but track lights exist and work. Maybe a bit too sparse atm. No idea how right or wrong the light setup is. I just reverse engineered it. How does the light system figure out where from it projects the light cone? Is it the highest vertice of the mesh?
3ACOtuX.jpg

vfLvTsd.jpg

The newer area of the track is covered by light poles and the older portion is lit up with these generator units:
DVUgnKt.jpg

More work on night lights. Added bigger stadium style lights in couple of corners that had no light before. This video shows how it looks 22nd in june when the sun doesn't go down fully. I think it is bit too bright so I'll probably move the location south to get it more darker. It is not about the brightness specifically but more about the fact that because the location is so north too much of the summer now has these bright nights.

Also in the end of the video I have 100% proof what happened to senna, It was for shure his ffb wheel got disconnected and he lost all inputs. Just like what happened to me. Only casualty here is the video which is cut short.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/379101748

1XS93Bh.png

tEi53jG.jpg

This track is really coming together. I love the Trophy layout :inlove:

I don't know what is causing it but I noticed some of the white lines seem to be a little over friendly and invite themselves into my car as I drive by... you can see it at various points in this video

I see the issue. I think that issue is caused by some the object settings in sdk. I use alphatest for the white lines but for it to work correctly it needs all the white line objects to have invisible set to true and I have simply not found them all yet that still have the wrong setting. I have gone over them couple times already but I always miss some and every now and then I find some more. From your video I only noticed one place at 3:16 (edit 3.31 is one, 3.33 is another... there are lots of them!). They are sort of easy to see when you notice them accidentally but hard to see when you go looking for them :D.

Could be that depthmode for the material is wrong. Do track makers use eOff or the other two for whitelines? I think the racing groove should use eNoWrite?

Last edited:
Have you thought about giving all those object names a common prefix (I use OVL_ for overlay objects) and then you can simply use the batch edit feature in ksEditor to edit them all at once.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%