Lasse Luisu
FLImZHx.png

CIRCUIT INFO:
TYPE: permanent road course

CONFIGURATIONS and video:
- Full 5.33km - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/363506801
- Club 3.87km - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/362420901
- Trophy 4.84km - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/364042806

There are also some early vids of the track on the channel: https://www.twitch.tv/simvids/videos

ze5nLLW.jpg

Screenshots:
eBy6qw8.jpg

p4BQ85R.jpg

FDa1GeH.jpg

zdjkAmD.jpg

hBAUTSQ.jpg

The track itself is an old school style circuit with lots of connected corners. Original idea was to make a track which is fun to drive and is somewhat worn out. While at the same time learning how to do it. There is decent amount of elevation changes and the track is not very wide. It is realistic in the sense that all the corners could exist somewhere and I've tried to make it look real. The track is also very bumpy which adds a lot of character. (watch the f40 s3 video to get an idea).

This is something that started out of sheer curiosity. I just wanted to see how difficult it is to make a track for ac. After couple of hours I had basic road mesh drivable in ac and then I just kept going. I've been slowly working on this since summer 2018 and in its current form the track is maybe 50% complete. Big ticket items missing is advert textures, groove, most buildings, 2d grass and 3d grass and the scenery. Lots of things still need improving but the track itself is drivable and I have basic ai that is raceable and cameras.

Hope you like it. I'll post more stuff as I get something done.

Looks really well done, and also somewhat ...economical, in a good way, like I watched one of the video and I almost missed when you completed a lap - it has a very good feel to it and uses the space good. The "Laguna Drop" like kink apparently needs some ai hints tho

And imo apart from some ads I don't see much thats needs to be done for a 0.5 release

and this is a fantasy track? looks nice!
First track for me in blender so better not try to make a real track in case I ruin it or won't complete it.

Looks really well done, and also somewhat ...economical, in a good way, like I watched one of the video and I almost missed when you completed a lap - it has a very good feel to it and uses the space good. The "Laguna Drop" like kink apparently needs some ai hints tho

And imo apart from some ads I don't see much thats needs to be done for a 0.5 release
No ai hints so far. There are many corners where the ai is pretty dangerous. I don't think I'll do 0.5 release. I'll wait closer to 0.9 when all should be close to finished and then release it with short beta to fix any bugs and issues that got through. There are tons of little and big things to do. In the last 5 days alone I spent like 6 hours just fixing holes in the track. The kerbs don't yet have any rubber marks, the concrete walls are very repetitive and the main pit building is basically a textured cube. No plants, no groove, tirewalls probably need to be redone and so forth. Everytime I go though the track and write down issues I notice I get a list of 6 hours of more work :D.

Really like the style and look of this.
Almost exactly how I would go about my own track. ;) If I had blender skills...

Will definately give this one a few laps of my time. Well done.

Small weekly update. Made some buildings. Race control hut, flagstand, media center and training facilities and scrutineering building. Also added restaurant on top of the pit garages. No idea how people can get there. Probably need stairs... Still looks pretty rough with the placeholder grass 2d/3d. But look at those sexy colored houses. Bright beige?

Need to try to install the sol thing again to get better looking pics.
3-1.png

3-3.png

3-4.png

3-2.png

Have you other track makers moved your visual road little bit below the physical road or do you just leave it as is?

I love the look of your track. The layout looks better (and more fun) than most 'real' circuits - very 20th century (1950-1960s) with lots of elevation changes, blind crest and not much time to rest :cool:

I am really looking forward to its release, and veryy well done on your progress so far :thumbsup:

One of the things I've been thinking about is the location of the track. Now with the great addon Sol we can have true to life lighting on the track. As my track is fictional I can pretty much place the track where I want. And because it is finnish fictional track I can place it anywhere in finland. Which brings me to my point:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_sun

Basically if I place my track to nothern part of finland I get more or less days during summers where the sun doesn't go down at all. And similarly during winter you get couple of days where the sun doesn't come up at all. Weather wise there is no issue with summer temperatures in any parts of the country so it would not be unrealistic run in 30+C for example. Or -30 during winter. The thing I'm thinking about is whether I should put the location north enough to have this phenomena or not.

If I make night lights you may have people finding it weird that there is still lots of light even if the clock is midnight. If you want to race in the night then you probably don't want light during nightime so having this feature would be annoying. On the other hand it is sort of cool feature to be able to drive during the night on some days in the summer and still have good amount of light.

One of the things I've been thinking about is the location of the track. Now with the great addon Sol we can have true to life lighting on the track. As my track is fictional I can pretty much place the track where I want. And because it is finnish fictional track I can place it anywhere in finland. Which brings me to my point:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_sun

Basically if I place my track to nothern part of finland I get more or less days during summers where the sun doesn't go down at all. And similarly during winter you get couple of days where the sun doesn't come up at all. Weather wise there is no issue with summer temperatures in any parts of the country so it would not be unrealistic run in 30+C for example. Or -30 during winter. The thing I'm thinking about is whether I should put the location north enough to have this phenomena or not.

If I make night lights you may have people finding it weird that there is still lots of light even if the clock is midnight. If you want to race in the night then you probably don't want light during nightime so having this feature would be annoying. On the other hand it is sort of cool feature to be able to drive during the night on some days in the summer and still have good amount of light.

Not much help here, but isn't it pretty awesome that this kind of thing is even a concern now?

That's pretty rad.

Little experiments. This is rovaniemi location 2 AM last summer 21st of june:
5-2.png

And midnight is like this:
5-1.png

I think I'm going to use it. Probably not those exact coordinates but somewhere on that latitude. Should have named the track midnight sun raceway...

This is august 1st around 5am so you get decent darkness. Need to be careful with the latitude though or it won't get proper dark during night at all during summer months.
5-3.png

Also doing this I noticed a vertical stripe going across my screen :(. Gonna be a challenge to finish this without a monitor if the monitor craps out :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing