Horrible Experience - Want a Refund

Well were to begin. A word of warning really.
I began by researching all the reviews and youtube videos I could find and decided I'd really like to try Game Stock Car.
After a brief visit to the website I'd decided the 30 minute trial just wasn't enough to judge the game by so I bought the game out right.
Here is were the problems began.
First attempt, the file was corrupt.
Second attempt Firefox just would not complete the program at the virus checking stage. Once it did go through file just would not
install, move or delete. As soon as you left or right click on the file it would sit there trying to run for over half an hour or until I'd force it off in task manager but that would crash windows.
Only way to delete file was to run a command prompt and delete via Dos commands.
A reboot brought the file back and had to run the same process over again.
Tried another browser. Same thing. So I decided to format windows. Downloaded again.
Tried once again now armed with the knowledge Microsoft Essentials real time protection may be to blame.
IT WORK's well the download did.
Now if you turn real time protection back on it takes over 30 minutes to even do anything with the .exe, turn it off and you can run the file which I did.
I wanted to install the file to my games directory but that crashes the installation. Has to be C:\GSC or else.
Once finally installed I discover, and this is after 2 days of messing about that you need to run the game as administrator or it'll create the wrong directories in my documents. Need to delete and start over.
Finally the game is running, it had better be good after all this. Well game is a bit of a loose term. What I'm presented with is an Rfactor mod. I should have known as much as it uses an rfactor save file in my documents.
Not only that but my framerates are poor. A quick look at the config files out of game shows it hasn't detected my cpu or video ram correctly nor is it using dual core switch.
Back to game and it's running how it should.
Stock Car, well I'm disappointed with the basic car models but the physics and handling feel good but nothing to dissimilar to a good rfactor mod using realfeal. The fabled AI that was mentioned in reviews. Well they still barge into each other and cause silly crashes. Not impressed really.
So I try Formula Classic. Now this is more like it. Car models and sound are impressive. What isn't is the driver names are all Ai_driver 1,2,3 etc and really hammers home the mod feel.
Unfortunately after a few laps I notice what seems to be a huge "hitbox" around the cars. Ai seem to bounce away from each other like polar opposites on a magnet if getting to close and it looks really off putting.
I give up at this point, quit and un-install.
I'll admit I'd have been more lenient towards the game if it wasn't for the traumatic download and install process but people need to think long and hard can they get just as good an experience from a well configured rfactor mod?

So I'm down £20 with nothing to show and my message to Rieza would be ditch the 1.60 download and make a brand new install that works proper.

I'm sure I'll get flamed and maybe one day I'll come back to GSC armed with the knowledge of how to get around all it's initial problems and enjoy. Today is not that day though.

I'd prefer a refund

Terrific. It now says I've run out of actiavtions when I've only reinstalled twice.
I only get one day off work a week to sim race. Last week was ruined with the awful install procedure listed above.
This week I'll not get to game as I've to wait, hopefully for some more activations.
Awful, truly awful.
How do I go about getting a refund Reiza?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 252 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 124 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.8%