Honestly Said – FSR 2015 – Round 1 – Australia

Come on, this blog used to be funny with good satire, but now it's getting silly and repetitive, political incorrectness turning into lack of respect and culture. You can do better!

From my drivers perspective I think we're in for a great season, people are still spending their free time to make it possible in such high level form, and there's great competiton. Yeah if there was PM and Morgan, top 5 would be different, but the ifs are irrelevant, if I had sth better than 6y old DFGT and if I didn't come to the race really tired, (and if I wasn't bumped out) I'd do much better. But I can't see how these ifs are of any relevance, what matters is the racing, the fun and the friendships with teammates and other people. So what if a Pro guy is able to win WC?

Well, back in the days, a pro guy wasn't even able to get top 10, those were the days, big names, now I see 1 big name, and it is not me, sadly, as Ondrej stated correctly, time for my retirement from FSR as a driver is very close, maybe this year and another one, I am really struggling to keep up with you kids hehe. With Bono at least we had 2 last year of big names. 2006 to 2010 were the best years. The mod makes for a closer grid, good or not, I don't know, but it does, but it is also somehow hard to drive, look at the mistakes I made in the race and all the retirements. It is easy to drive, but its speed makes it hard to not make mistakes. Sadly is, apart probably from Morgan, is difficult to make a difference in this mod, because, I honestly, don't know how to go faster than flat out lol.

It's time for new "big names" to be established then. Time to make future seasons into the best ones. We should stop looking at what has been, and start looking at what's going to be. Don't lose sight of what originally drew you to FSR.

Define a clear vision of where you expect FSR to go and make it happen. Dwelling over the past makes it difficult to move forward.

I come from an Apartheid state, I should know... :)

Bono isn't here, and Morand won't be here forever. Time for a new hero to step up to the plate. Time for people to move on from what's tired, and uplift what's fresh and shows promise.

This season may be a struggle for some, perhaps. But you can view it 2 ways, with pessimism, or with optimism. Do you see this as the end of what was arguably the best sim-racing league around, or do you see this as an opportunity to wipe out the old and bring in the new?

Focus on what's here, not what was here before. The power for creating a better future is contained in the present moment. You create a good future by creating a good present.

I have nothing to do with fsr.....but new sim racing stars will emerge!!! Patel, kuba, kweekal all have the potential to be the morgans and bono's of tomorrow! Sorry if i missed anyone else. @David Greco from 2006-2010 rfactor was the pinnacle of sim racing. Now all these aliens have so many other games to play. And its the new talent beating u old guys....sorry grecco lol.... That will keep it interesting. Ive been following fsr for years and yes uve had a golden era that may have past...but in the not so distant future...a new golden era will arrive!!! Formula 1 didnt die when schumacher retired!! And neither should fsr....because it is still a top championship with top drivers!!

P.s cmon drivers!!! Keep it clean beacause from what i saw on broadcast in all 3 races is not a good look to the spectator!

Sorry im just giving my opinion. Peace!

we need investment, FSR was built from teams with a clear ideology and relatively serious investment. That investment is long gone by now. We need it again, or just keep this with ACE drivers coming to WC and winning and PRO drivers almost making poles (no disregards to them, but that exactly proves my point)

Maybe I suggest a free championship. This would allow new drivers to come in and try the mod in a racing situation and then be able to make the move to World Championship. What is deterring me from joining is the time as it isnt very Australian friendly and the cost. For me to join I would have to pay so that people that are in a different championship get that money. I know that servers cost money and stuff but still doesnt seem right. Just my opinion. Yes I was looking for a seat before but the iRacing Grand Prix series is a better timezone for me

Well for iRacing you have to buy all the tracks and cars for a season and you have to renew your Membership. So please dont say FSR is expensive ;) You get all tracks and the mod for completly free.

Well for iRacing you have to buy all the tracks and cars for a season and you have to renew your Membership. So please dont say FSR is expensive ;) You get all tracks and the mod for completly free.
Yes but iRacing I can race as much as I want whereas FSR is only once a week for a certain amount of weeks...

Maybe I suggest a free championship. This would allow new drivers to come in and try the mod in a racing situation and then be able to make the move to World Championship.
You are free to organize whatever you want, there is no problem as mod is available for free. I would say right now current FSR managing team is doing a great job.

I havent bothered to read the blog linked in the opening post. I read one once so I have a feel of the flavour and rhetoric. A massively critical and negative diatribe that attempts to be funny with the use of perjorative and racist words that have no place in 2015. Sour grapes from someone who was banned for being an idiot. I have better things to do than read such tripe.

What I saw on the weekend were 3 full grids. Over-full in Ace requiring Pre Quali. Future rounds will se Pre quali for Pro also.
Pro had what its meant to have a mix of paces from the newly initiated to guys at the front who are very fast.
Ace had a high standard and the best of those guys are quick enough for World Championship. Is that such a shock? Is it such a shame?
World Championship had great racing but some new names were up the front. Isnt that a good thing?

Let's please remember its only season two of RFactor 2, the sim keeps evolving. That will keep re- shuffling the deck as one team then another will get on top of the latest update for example the forthcoming new contact patch model. Tyre wear/strategy.

What would Bernie do (faced with one winner for 5 seasons) ? He would change the rules to shake it up a bit, make it more interesting wouldn't he? Well thats what we have got. Some drivers will master the new mod better than others.

Other things that happened.
  1. A first time win in the Championship by someone new.
  2. Lead changes in the final few laps with an undercut due to tyre strategy. The winner only decided a few laps from home. Second and third place down to the wire.
  3. New faces in the top 10.
  4. Two teams on the podium who haven't been there before.
We saw a resurgent John Eric Saxen with a stronger result than for some time. Disley - same.
There were some great drives from many people. It was a great weekend.

There is a great and very unpredictable season ahead.
Yes Bono is not driving but the driver who often beat him is. So the benchmark is there.

Are people seriously crying out for a period when one driver won 5 championships in a row?

So a small contingent of whiners will consistently try to make funny and politically innapproriate jokes to say FSR is in trouble. It doesn't mean it is. Some people will laugh at them. Some will tire of them and ignore them. Some will panic and call for change. I have no interest in the peanut gallery. From where I sit FSR is in great shape, will be rivetting to watch, bring on round two.

Oh and cost wise, I paid €14 for the season, Do you really think after 1000 laps practice that the ONE euro per race is something troubling?

FSR is heading into an amazing season, hope you enjoy it, I will.

Last edited:
@David Greco : Time has changed. Remember the amount of time and laps you invest in 2006-2010. Would you ever invest it again? Even Roy or Bruno wouldnt invest it again. The older you get the more will Real Life change things. Work, wife, child ect. Other commitments are more important than simracing.

i was talking about money.. and time spent, is even more than b4 as i am a team owner now as well, not just a driver. Racing is my life, I can't race in real life anymore as I haven't got money for it, I do it in simracing, and I get it as serious as real life racing. Kids, work, wife, wtv it is, will never get racing out of my system. I have thought many times to just stop, is very tiring, but then, even 1 week of no racing, I want to get back into racing, I just can't stop, and can't take it less serious either.

i was talking about money.. and time spent, is even more than b4 as i am a team owner now as well, not just a driver. Racing is my life, I can't race in real life anymore as I haven't got money for it, I do it in simracing, and I get it as serious as real life racing. Kids, work, wife, wtv it is, will never get racing out of my system. I have thought many times to just stop, is very tiring, but then, even 1 week of no racing, I want to get back into racing, I just can't stop, and can't take it less serious either.
Once again showing it is how serious people take it. Those that see what the league was and could be understand that.

“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%
  • < 5 years