Released Hondsrugring

• Andrew Evans

ok, cool... so it's just a texture then....

i just had a look at it and the material name in my test export is rmbl61 - which means rfactor will interpret your cobbled surface as a rumble strip - probably not what you want....

create your own new xpack and redefine the material there to have either the rdax (level 1 bumps) or rdta (level 2 bumps) prefix.... these *might* be what you're after.... otherwise, you could create your own surface with the parameters you desire in the *.tdf file and use that....

I have done the camera positions.
Further i am working now at some parts between Gasselternijveen and Drouwenermond and some parts between Drouwen and Gasselte.

I did a race of 5 laps with some AI cars this evening. The camera positions are great. It makes the track look marvelous.

The track is now for 60% ready.

Spend today with building the village of Gasselternijveen. Lot of work at roads. When building a big track like this, i learned that working at the same spot day in day out you get bored or tired of working at the track. So i always work at a different place the next day.

I have just a few things to work on, maybe a pre-release is going to be possible this weekend. After that the real hard work will have to be done. Trying to work with xpacker and if i can get sketch up working so it can import buildings, mills and bridged into BTB, then all the original houses will be replaced by them.

I gave up trying to get the lighting poles to work and started to work on a 2nd version of the track, wich is more demanding and closer to the reality. After the long straight there is a shorter one and i changed the width from 8.8 meters to the more realistic 5 meters. Also i shall add the two chicanes in the long straight.

My goodness!! I discovered that the defaults lights DO work!! I am going to change the old ones with the default pack lighting poles!!! I am in a good mood now! ^^

Edit: The track looks stunning in the night!!! I will post an upgraded track later. The former pre-release i will keep online, although there are some changes at the track. (Like an escape road at the end of the Drentse Mondenweg Straight.)

After a few days having troubles with exporting the track, i found the problem and solved it. It seemed that having more than 1 track sharing the same name gave problems. I had a map called WIP, Hondrugring24 and HRR24 with in the maps the venue with the same name: HRRlatest. rFactor didn't liked that, causing the tracks not showing up.

Some work has been done although they are minor things: Removed some armco, camera positions are changed and some work at Buinen and the N379.

Now there are still a few bugs for wich i cannot find the sollution.

1. In the rear view mirror the track seems to disappear sometimes. (only the Road Light xpack has this problem)

2. When racing at night at a certain place on the track, Gasselternijveen, the car seems to hit invisible objects. They are at random places but mostly between the 2nd and 5th chicane and very close to the 2nd corner after the bridge in Gasselternijveen.
In the video at (2.30 and around 2.38)

3. The switch between day and night is slowing the framerate extremely. I think it has to do with the lighting to calculate wich has to get light and wich not.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back