Honda S800 RSC

Cars Honda S800 RSC 2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Have you tried the 33 Stradale SFX in this car? It isn't high pitched enough but I think I prefer it to the 312T sounds.
Well haven't even driven that Alfa yet so I have no idea how it sounds, though not sure if it's gonna work since the real car has a very high pitch like an F1 from back then.

Yeah it isn't 100% but it doesn't sounds too bad compared to some videos. Maybe it is just because I haven't driven the 33 Stradale much and I have the 312T so the sound seems out of place to me.

Well haven't even driven that Alfa yet so I have no idea how it sounds, though not sure if it's gonna work since the real car has a very high pitch like an F1 from back then.
On the topic of sounds, imho the sounds you're using on the road going S800 would suit better. The high-pitch F1 sound should come naturally with high RPM, to an extent you can "stretch out" the samples to higher RPM's before the quality runs out;)

The important thing is whether the sample has the right amount of cylinders and raspiness, the current sounds seem to be from a 6 or 12 cylinder engine, which isn't really fitting. So in your case you want a very raspy I4 engine sample

Of course custom made samples are ideal, but are rather difficult unless you have proper recordings, which in my experience are quite difficult to obtain (using Youtube clips is not that effective).

Another option (if you can get permission) would be to use the sound samples from rFactor's AE86 Club mod, they are based around the Fromula Atlantic engine, which like the Honda's engine is I4, very highly tuned and revs to ~11000RPM

Last edited:
Hmm interesting, that could actually work out well. I'll add it to the next update, someday I'd like to rework those interior panels to a more proper bare chassis look.
You wouldnt think it would work (I4 and V8) but at lower RPM it seems quite close. If it was a bit more high pitched at high rpm it would work very well. I will be using it in my RSC, it has a nice rasp to it where the 312T is a bit smooth.

I think it could be worth toning the damage down quite a bit for the next update as well. One small hit and the car looks like it has been through a warzone. By the way I was racing this car at Goodwood wet this evening and it is probably one of the best experiences I have had in AC to date (over 3700 hours ingame) thank you so much for this car!

Thanks for the input, will keep all that into consideration, good excuse to make another update as soon as I can find the time :)
It's a lot of fun to drive if you're into these kind of cars, I bet the real one would be a blast around a track.

This one isn't really an issue whilst driving but it could be worth tinkering with the LOD's before the update you mentioned, in TV cam there is a rather noticeable jump from one to another (possibly from no roof to roof?) you can see it clearly at 1:30 below. I'm sure most people would choose roof for the little race car (atleast IMO) so if it is a roof thing maybe the lowest LOD should include it?

Hmm couldn't see it on the video but now that I look at it the only issue I see is that the LOD C doesn't have the windows, that could cause a glitch when it suddenly "pops up" in the distance.

Hmm couldn't see it on the video but now that I look at it the only issue I see is that the LOD C doesn't have the windows, that could cause a glitch when it suddenly "pops up" in the distance.
Yeah that would explain it, it looked like something around the cabin area I just guessed the roof as it is removeable :)

Edit:

Now that I look again I'm not sure if it is that or not :p it is like the cars get considerably darker or more bold colour or something. The precise moment you can see it is from 1:33 to 1:34. You have to view it in fullscreen or you wont see it at all. I can see it again but less obvious at 1:58/59 and 3:39/40

Last edited:
Great little car! Tks
preview.jpg

A3DR updated Honda S800 RSC with a new update entry:

New physics and improved visuals

New and improved physics by @aphidgod

Revised visuals, new CSP paint shader and more shader tweaks
Fixed some LOD issues
New dirt and damage textures, and some other optimizations

CSP 0.1.60 recommended. Includes two additional skins from @LeSunTzu:

[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@A3DR there is an issue with the external plexiglass (bug shield), it is incompatible with TAA from the Shaders Patch and it gets very blurry while the car is in movement. It can be fixed, I know because I report broken cars to Ilja (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...UbHr94tszzaFFviTpoXfNR8kQ/edit#gid=1987873121), even though he never explained me how so can't help you I'm afraid :(

PS I would also reduce the rpm needle lag to 0.5 instead of actual 0.95

@A3DR there is an issue with the external plexiglass (bug shield), it is incompatible with TAA from the Shaders Patch and it gets very blurry while the car is in movement. It can be fixed, I know because I report broken cars to Ilja (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...UbHr94tszzaFFviTpoXfNR8kQ/edit#gid=1987873121), even though he never explained me how so can't help you I'm afraid :(

PS I would also reduce the rpm needle lag to 0.5 instead of actual 0.95
I know about that but it's a CSP related bug, not my fault.
Also, the rpm needle thing is another CSP thing, so trial and error there. Will look into it if another update comes :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%