PC2 Honda NSX GT3 Confirmed for Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Aucura NSX GT3.jpg

In a recent image posted by Slightly Mad Studios we now know the brand new Acura NSX GT3 will form part of the car roster in Project CARS 2.

We already know quite a few of the 170+ cars due to be added to Project CARS 2, and with the previously revealed inclusion of the road going version of the Acura NSX it was probably to be expected that we would have a GT3 variant of the car. It has now been officially confirmed in a post on FaceBook from Slightly Mad Studios that the new for 2017 Acura NSX will form part of the car list for the new game, a first inclusion for a sim racing title.

The 2017 specification Honda / Acura NSX is an impressive piece of racing technology that has already turned many heads in the racing world since making it's race debut at the recent Daytona 24 Hour event held back in January. For 2017 the Michael Shank Racing operation have been tasked with spearheading the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, while RealTime Racing will continue to head the manufacturer’s attack in the SCCA Pirelli World Challenge.

"The NSX was designed as a pinnacle expression of Acura Precision Crafted Performance, and we’re looking forward to proving its ultimate performance capabilities in GT3 competition,”

By continuing our longtime partnership with RealTime Racing in the Pirelli World Challenge and extending our association with Michael Shank Racing in the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, we plan to build on Acura’s long tradition of success in North American sports car racing.”
Said the rather impressively named Art St. Cyr, President of Honda Performance Development, at the official launch of the GT3 NSX back in 2016.

With the Acura NSX reveal it is looking like the new Project CARS game will continue the recent sim racing trend of including a wide variety of GT3 spec machines within their new game. Already we have seen glimpses of the Ford GT LM GTE, Corvette C7.R, McLaren 650s, Mercedes AMG GT3, Nissan GTR and the Lamborghini Huracan. This is before we even have an official car list reveal...

We will be keeping an up to date list of the revealed content for Project CARS 2 HERE. Check it out and leave a comment if you have any information or images not already covered.

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC towards the end of 2017.

Check out the Project CARS Series forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment.

Are you happy to see the new NSX GT3 in Project CARS 2? Which of the "new" generation GT3 machines do you want to see in PC2? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
well, they release when they feel its going to be as low on bugs a possible so the customer wont moan too much haha, but this trailer came after GT sport so dont think its the other way around
What's this got to do with GT Sport?
GT Sport is a game for PS4 only and has been delayed over and over.
PC2 is coming to all 3 systems and should be better than the last attempt.
GT is just GT again. Will be similar to the last game and the one before that.
Trailers are nice and all but what does the game feel like?
What options does it have?
Does it replicate a race weekend closely?
These are things that matter. Not trailers imho

I also like the diversity of the cars, how one car is faster in a straight line, next car accelerates better, next car corners better...
However now imagine they would allow hybrid (only if production car has hybrid) and 4WD (only if production car has it). Would be even more exciting and diverse :)

Sorry matey I was working on the laptop till 1am so didn't get chance to reply :)

Difficult one. Maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember how GT1 went. Yes the GT1 cars were amazing but as the regulations became more diverse the cars became more extreme and expensive. You then ended up with only a handful of cars racing as the costs were just incredible. The same thing happened with GT2. Unfortunately we are kind of seeing the same thing in LMP1 at the moment (the cars are amazing but I can see hybrid being dropped to tempt more manufacturers back). I don't really want to see that happen again in the GT category so I'm happy with the way GT3 is at the moment. I think allowing hybrid into GT3 class would be an incredibly expensive exercise. As for 4WD, well in theory yes that would be nice to see. Not sure how many manufacturers would embrace it though. The only obvious one is Lamborghini (with the Audi 4WD link).

As it is at the moment GT3 for me anyway is great and they must be doing something right with the countless cars and championships that are running with this category :)

Sorry matey I was working on the laptop till 1am so didn't get chance to reply :)

Difficult one. Maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember how GT1 went. Yes the GT1 cars were amazing but as the regulations became more diverse the cars became more extreme and expensive. You then ended up with only a handful of cars racing as the costs were just incredible. The same thing happened with GT2. Unfortunately we are kind of seeing the same thing in LMP1 at the moment (the cars are amazing but I can see hybrid being dropped to tempt more manufacturers back). I don't really want to see that happen again in the GT category so I'm happy with the way GT3 is at the moment. I think allowing hybrid into GT3 class would be an incredibly expensive exercise. As for 4WD, well in theory yes that would be nice to see. Not sure how many manufacturers would embrace it though. The only obvious one is Lamborghini (with the Audi 4WD link).

As it is at the moment GT3 for me anyway is great and they must be doing something right with the countless cars and championships that are running with this category :)

No worries...
Yeah i understand the matter of costs, and the need to hold them down to have a big number of manufacturers or teams in.
Hence my reasoning to only allow those gimmics (rear wheel steering would also be such a thing) for cars, where the road car pendants also have the same technology. With 1600 cars a year for the NSX and more then 3000 for the R8, i am pretty sure both those cars are produced with a modular assembly system (as for the Audi, i know that it shares some production lines with other Audi or Lamborghini Models, not sure about the NSX). Both cars cost less then 200.000 bucks in the road car variant with their respective technology, that's less then a Ferrari 488 GTB or the Bentley for example..so i don't think that for example a hybrid GT3 version of the NSX would be really more expensive then those 2 as well. The power is already there, so the GT3 conversion shouldn't cost more then for the Ferrari...
As long as you are strict with this rule, i don't think costs would be an issue. It's not as if you'd have to design or upgrade a new hybrid engine every year like it is in LMP or F1...just use the road going ones that are already in the car.
I agree, GT3 is quite interesting currently. I just wished the cars have a 100hp or so more to be a little quicker, on DTM level..

What's this got to do with GT Sport?
GT Sport is a game for PS4 only and has been delayed over and over.
PC2 is coming to all 3 systems and should be better than the last attempt.
GT is just GT again. Will be similar to the last game and the one before that.
Trailers are nice and all but what does the game feel like?
What options does it have?
Does it replicate a race weekend closely?
These are things that matter. Not trailers imho
you are abolutely right, but I was making an observation of how they try to hype a game that wasn´t that good to begin with, only now when the trailer looks good, will the other aspects of the game be at the same level? That´s what I wonder...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%