Honda Civic Type R EP3 Cup

Cars Honda Civic Type R EP3 Cup 0.42b

Login or Register an account to download this content
Morimaru submitted a new resource:

Honda Civic Type R EP3 Cup 0.4 - Civic EP3 Cup car, based on 2019 UK Civic Cup Cars

Original Civic EP3 model by Patrick Melo Modesto
Physics and assets edited by Morimaru

*Some minor visual bugs.
If you find any serious bug, please let me know.

Started in 2011, the Civic Cup has grown steadily since its formation to become a must-see event at any race meeting it visits. The Civic Cup enjoys big budget features and lap times on big grids, but with clubman entry fees and running costs.

Based on the iconic Civic Type R, our cars offer incredible performance with tightly...

Read more about this resource...

Really neat, thanks! Couldn't drive yet, but just looks wise it could use some texture upgrades, especially in the cockpit. Hope you'll keep updating it, I love cars like that.

Thanks to you mate. I'm still working on it, making more skins actually. Textures and materials need to be improved, same as 3d vertex smoothness and some minor visual bugs needs to be fixed. Sadly, my time and 3d modelling knowledge is very limited :poop:, but I`ll try to do my best. :roflmao:

1615921509450.png

of course a lot of cars are built on the same chassis as the Abarth.
so it's an Abarth 500 AC with vtec, though it's not always a bad thing

Last edited:
View attachment 455464

of course a lot of cars are built on the same chassis as the Abarth.
so it's an Abarth 500 AC with vtec, though it's not always a bad thing
Yep, I´m not hard modder into suspensions and tyres, so base physics are from the 500, basically I change inertias, weights, divetrain, engine and power graph. The way the car handles
matches quite well with my experience onboard a modified EP3, and laptimes are very, very close to the IRL Civic Cup but not 100% custom physics, sorry.

Anyway, if some experienced modder can help, would be great.

Morimaru updated Honda Civic Type R EP3 Cup with a new update entry:

Assetto Corsa Civic Cup EP3 0.42

List of 0.42 changes

-New real life skins and driver profiles. (Up to 16 skins)
-Corrected car parameters.
-Aero, suspension and tyre physics update.
-Updated materials.
-Offline Championship added, based on the 2019 BRSCC Disklok Civic Cup (Real drivers, real championship scoring, real race duration and start time, real weather conditions, 15 drivers + player)

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've received some help from a modder since I`ve posted 0.41 version, concerning suspension, tyres and aero of the car. Hope you like the handling, personally I feel it so close to a modified EP3 on track, visceral, nervous and with that lively rear. Laptimes in similar conditions are very close to real ones also.

Waiting for one of the IRL Civic Cup drivers to test it and return some feedback.

Last edited:
The previous name of this cup was Tegiwa Honda Civic Cup, is it?

The Civic cup is organized by the British Racing and Sports Car Club (BRSCC) since 2011. The original main sponsor was Tegiwa and the series ran EG, EK, EP, FN Civics, even some CRX. But 2017 and beyond only K20 factory engines are allowed to make it more "close battle"... Limited to EP and FN/FK Hondas.

My mod is based on 2019 season, sponsored by Dislok, plans for the future includes skinning 2021 seasons and beyond and insert FN2 Civics (wip). My idea is change the 3d model of the EP3 for another more accurate, but no candidates atm.

Last edited:
The Civic cup is organized by the British Racing and Sports Car Club (BRSCC) since 2011. The original main sponsor was Tegiwa and the series ran EG, EK, EP, FN Civics, even some CRX. But 2017 and beyond only K20 factory engines are allowed to make it more "close battle"... Limited to EP and FN/FK Hondas.

My mod is based on 2019 season, sponsored by Dislok, plans for the future includes skinning 2021 seasons and beyond and insert FN2 Civics (wip). My idea is change the 3d model of the EP3 for another more accurate, but no candidates atm.

Thank you for the detailed feedback

I dont mind offering some help with textures, window names and fixing the sunstrip if you like?

Hey Chris, thank you so much!! ATM I'm working on refining car mesh, modelling full race interior and exterior parts, which will imply drastic changes in UV mapping, so the texture work... to be done when this is finished.

onwork03.jpg

Hope can finish the 3d work as soon as possible, to start working on updated liveries from this 2021 Civic Cup season.

Take your word with the sunstrip and glass work, sure will need some help!!!

Regards!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 72 7.1%
  • < 5 years