WIP Hompe's Drag Strip

By "removing the racetrack stuff", does that include the drift markings, curbs etc? I was looking forward to finally having a track where I could drift that Supra that Niels did the physics for. :frown:

Here's a link to the Edited Drag Strip with a working AI & pits.
Download is 41.16Mb & contains the BTB files AND an rF export
The AI does go a bit crazy for the opposing car after crossing the line no matter what I did but your own car under AI control will run sweat as.
When running it's best to step strait up to Race session (there's no false start gate/.xhcfinish) but I have set the check points to the metric equivalents of 60foot, half way & finish gate is an exact imperial .25 of a mile- which is just slightly longer than 400meters....
Remember to thank Hompe & AIW was 'bent by BLeeK' in your Read Me's
Good luck & I look forward to seeing how you all end up dress it out.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c03b49wbid4acta/Hompe's Drag Strip Edited BTB %26 rF Files.rar

In Finland we have tents :D
Oh but only better teams, poor ones don't have even a tent and they have no bus with beds either :D This is typical finnish race track garages, but do note that in pic those are upper racing class cars, that get good sponsor money, lesser series are less well equipped. http://www.emerentsiaracingteam.com/kuvat/varikko ylhaalta.jpg Motopark race track has part of garage area on gravel, rFactor version of Motopark is quite different what comes to garages and pit area. Alastaro race track has even a grandstand, at finish/start line area, Motopark has not such from my memory, haven't been on Ahvenisto, but most have only open tarmac covered area that is the garages, teams bring tents if they have them, that is National level and I think they do host some european championships too, or at least did, but that is how facilities are here, don't know how they are in other countries, but I think that only big scale events are enough to build real garages and only big money teams can offer to rent these facilities. Old airfield surely should have some hangars further away from track that might be converted to garages, maybe some buildings closer to track too? So in that sense of course garages are very possible, but probably not very new looking and design of garages might perhaps be such that building clearly has been different use before it was converted to garages? Just some ideas to think about, if only for future projects :)

I share project files for a newer version of this track!

Image2-5.jpg

Its basicly a race track layout, and its missing some more aiw love, and also spec and bump maps on most of the objects and surfaces. i think it could use some nice tarmac details, some sort of tents behind the pits, and probably more spectators! i think its a good way for me to show how i make tracks and i hope you find it usefull and fun!!

You can NOT release your own version of this track without my permission, as it contains textures and objects made by friends of mine and i would have to get their approval first :)

If you however feel you made this track nice and fun, just contact me by pm or on the email attached in the project files! (i will answer email faster) and i will take a quick look (maybe exchange some textures, objects) and give you an okay to relase ;)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?0at577qmccnu6mp

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%