Homemade load cell pedal

Pedals are pedals. They all have similar forms. I don't say he didn't "inspire" but...at the end of the day they are pedals. And they look great. Wish I could make ones for me because they surely are cheaper than commercial ones!

Upvote 0
lainmaya

First, nice pedals. I know it is for personal use, no commercial intent, so i'm ok if it looks like the original pedals. :)

Can you please redirect me for the Hall Sensor system you have on the clutch and accelerator. Thanks in advance.

Tiago Viana

Upvote 0
Hi there,

The designs as shown on various photos in this thread as well as in various other places on the internet are obvious copies of the design of our Sim Pedals Pro, Sim Pedals Ultimate, Sim Handbrake and Sim Shifter Sequential, down to (near) identical copies of the shape and appearance of individual components.

Within the European Union, our design enjoys legal protection under the Community Design system. Any person or entity who engages in manufacturing, offering, marketing, sale, supply, rental, import, export, display, use or stocking of this copy is infringing on our Intellectual Property rights.

If we receive any form of evidence that you proceed to engage with any of the illegal activities as mentioned above, we will enforce our legal rights (as well as hold you and/or your company liable for all associated costs). This evidence can for example be (but is not limited to) any photo or video posted on the internet of these pedals by you or third persons.

In case you are unaware of the European Community Design system legislation, we strongly suggest you seek advice from your legal counsel.

We count on your common sense in this matter. We would like to confirm our position to you in writing, if you could forward your address details to us at info@heusinkveld.com that would be greatly appreciated.

RD staff has also been notified as we expect them to take actions against members selling counterfeit products through their forums.

Kind Regards,
Heusinkveld Engineering

Upvote 0
Hi there,

The designs as shown on various photos in this thread as well as in various other places on the internet are obvious copies of the design of our Sim Pedals Pro, Sim Pedals Ultimate, Sim Handbrake and Sim Shifter Sequential, down to (near) identical copies of the shape and appearance of individual components.

Within the European Union, our design enjoys legal protection under the Community Design system. Any person or entity who engages in manufacturing, offering, marketing, sale, supply, rental, import, export, display, use or stocking of this copy is infringing on our Intellectual Property rights.

If we receive any form of evidence that you proceed to engage with any of the illegal activities as mentioned above, we will enforce our legal rights (as well as hold you and/or your company liable for all associated costs). This evidence can for example be (but is not limited to) any photo or video posted on the internet of these pedals by you or third persons.

In case you are unaware of the European Community Design system legislation, we strongly suggest you seek advice from your legal counsel.

We count on your common sense in this matter. We would like to confirm our position to you in writing, if you could forward your address details to us at info@heusinkveld.com that would be greatly appreciated.

RD staff has also been notified as we expect them to take actions against members selling counterfeit products through their forums.

Kind Regards,
Heusinkveld Engineering

Heusinkveld is a good pedal.I like it very much, too.It's just an expensive price that I can't pay.I'm just a regular DIYer,No sales information was released.Just share the fun of DIY.

Upvote 0
Heusinkveld is a good pedal.I like it very much, too.It's just an expensive price that I can't pay.I'm just a regular DIYer,No sales information was released.Just share the fun of DIY.

Exactly, I have not see a better pedals than heusinkveld pedals, and the cost value is the best high-end. But, still much expensive to me... it cost more than my complete setup, I can't pay that... Maybe some day, I change my pvc pipe cockpit for an aluminum cockpit desingned by myself...

Upvote 0
how many different ways could you "design" a brake pedal... pretty ridiculous to think you can trademark a lever.
Sorry, my english is very bad... This, "pretty ridiculous to think you can trademark a lever" means that is ridiculous thinking that i can make a pro pedals by myself?
If the answer is yes, I must say: I love 3d desing... I am studying desing in mechanical manufacturing... And I love make things! CHALLENGE ACEPTED!!!
Of course is something that i want make since more than 2 years, and I think is going in the correct way, but still I haven't the skills needed. But hope that in a not much time I'll have. Is needed to some tools for prototype, and acces to Mechanized workshop in your neighbordhood or city. Something very interesting, is go to a FABLAB (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fab_lab), is free, is open development, is learn, they help you and have tools and machines usefull.

Prototype, always time have a lost of cost, in the end, you can spend more or less the same price that a high-end pedals. Maybe more, maybe less, I think that it depens on your skills, Maybe you will do 1 or 2 version before than the final, but if you search could find a good prices in materials, and you can prototipe with less price
but, before than start a proyect like that, be sure that you have the skills needed, becouse it make you save lot of money in the process. If you start without the skills, you will lose a lot of money for sure, because will needed redesing more times.

And a something more:
Never ever allow someboy to say you can't do something, or better, allow it, but don't believe. Probably they can't do it, and for him it works that think. Would you be able to tell that to your children?

Upvote 0
I think there's some crossed wires here. The fella here is showing something he made for himself. The other forum thread on ISR is trying to sell HE Pedal inspired knockoffs. They arent the same pedals shown here, they have similar attributes but that's all. It's just a coincidence of posts at the same time.

lainmaya is just sharing his project with the community and being wrong demonised from what I can see. I for one think he's done a great job making his own pedals for personal use.

Stop the hate guys, lainmaya is left wondering why everyone has turned on him. Poor bugger.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately lainmaya is walking over a very thin line here. I hope he can understand this, and accept that some people will be OK with it and other will hate.
The way i would manage this situation, if the stuff i made have strong similarities with an actual product on sale, i would keep it to my self. In the end, this would not bring something new and useful to the DIY community.

Tiago Viana

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back