holes in track

I have got a major problem with one of my tracks lately and for the life of me can't see what it is. I added a fence usiing single objects (not sobj), drawn with the line tool, Adjusted the position of each and all looks fantastic, the ai drive the track fine but now if I drive it I slam an invisible hole in the which seems to move about between 2 places on the track. I really don't want to remove this fence as it took me nearly 2 weeks to get the pieces lined up properly. I can't remember if the pieces where added in v5 or v6 but problem started in v6.
If I reexport it the hole just moves around. Alltextures display fine, There are no stray polys in wire frame view either in btb or in simmed. really getting frustrated.
the wooden fence behind the car is I think what started it.

Attachments

• GRAB_220 (Medium).JPG
    GRAB_220 (Medium).JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 293
  • GRAB_219 (Medium).JPG
    GRAB_219 (Medium).JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 269
  • GRAB_218 (Medium).JPG
    GRAB_218 (Medium).JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 292
Well I just took the plunge, saved my project as a test and deleted the line tool objects and exported repacked, rewrote the scn and no hole in track. I had this problem with cones earlier on. but the cones where stretched as poly's all over the place. the fence pieces displayed properly but but obviously have a problem. well no more line tool for me.
Though funnily enough the trees work fine so I'm very confused and frustrated.
sorry for the rant but I'm having a bad day.
Still think btb is best thing since sliced bread!

More likely a HAT files problem than a line tool problem. The line tool only differs from other methods of adding BObjects by determining the position; the BObjects themselves are treated identicallly regardless of how they were added.

Just went and bought a bottle of scotch and 4 canadian clubs so will feel better shortly!
My sim pc has crashed (bloody windows Grrr) and now I can't reinstal it's getting to 7% and stopping on transfereing driver.cab so have now stripped the pc and getting very cross with it.
I'm not having a go at btb. I know it's probably something I have done.

I have the same problems with the guardrail SObjects from the European Road Elements XPack. It seems very strange as the car appears to fall into the track when I drive near it. Fortunately it's not a big problem for me as I tend to create enclosed circuit tracks, but could be frustrating for those who want to use Delu's otherwise fantastic XPack to create rally stages etc.

@ Davesta, That is exactly where The objects are from! though this is an enclosed circuit.....
@ Nissan man, I think it might have been from the smoke that started pouring out of my 650w anatec power supply about 10 minutes later.
Really not my weekend.............
My apologies to Brendan as it is obviously not the tool but the objects used.
just funny I've had problems now with 3 different objects, the cones, and concrete barriers, which appeared all joined together by hundreds of poly lines. and the rails which made a hole in the ground......

Sorry about my objects....haven't found any problem by converting them in Sobjects. I have made a small track and used the guardrail, but never found any problems, sorry.
Does anyone has tested them again?

Delu77, all is good mate, I really can't thank you enough for the brilliant collection you have created for us. Your objects work and appear fine when placed individually (tried and tested) but it appears the when drawn with the line tool (not always either) and positioning adjusted I have had a few issues. I really can't say why. I haven't the skills yet to convert them to sobjects I'm still using them as bojects (think that's right)
the xml editing still scares me lol.

Ok I just quickly added some objects using the line draw tool, simmed crashes on load but rf displays this!
the cones show what happens.
the barriers appear to be fine.
hope this helps. Version 6.05 used have 6.6 but not installed yet.
just to add, the cones on the right were drawn in 2 wipes but have stretched themselves to the left of the track

Attachments

• GRAB_081 (Medium).JPG
    GRAB_081 (Medium).JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 294
Sorry mate....did you tryied testing with RBR?
Cause when I said I had no problem, I was meaning I tested only with RBR.
Still not haven't tested with RF...Maybe would be this...:waiting:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing