rF2 Holden Monaro @ Bathurst - Thu 30 Apr 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
SERVER IS UP!

NOTE:
The GetMod service is available once again, so any missing component files that are required for this event (except for paid DLC, if applicable) will be automatically downloaded and installed when joining the server.

@Denis Betty
SIGN ME UP TO RACE PLEASE050%.jpg
cant miss these V8,s around Bathhurst..

That was great fun, as I expected it to be. Apologies to anyone unfortunate enough to find themselves behind me, @Stephen Gibb in R2 in particular, to say I was struggling a fair bit at times would be an understatement ;)

Thanks for the race(s).

Any objections if I upload them?

@Knut Mattheisen That might just be rF2 being rF2. I had two screen freezes tonight, thankfully short. What would an rF2 race be without a crash or a screen freeze...

I was behind you and you were visible at one moment and then gone the next.
On the mountain you were suddenly there and I just ran right in to you. Sorry about that.

Yeah, I was behind the two of you and saw the same thing. On car disappeared and then reappeared a few meters down the track, so there is nothing you could have done. I also had major lags / freezes (3, 4 seconds) every 2 or 3 rounds and they usually caused me to stuff the V8 into something solid. Not that I would have needed the first to do the latter. Fun race though, sorry for the "overtake" under yellow, I just could not brake any harder Denis :]

Any objections if I upload them?
None from me.
sorry for the "overtake" under yellow, I just could not brake any harder Denis
As I said on TS, I was a bit distracted by the accident and turned in on you. That's why I gave up the place, but then I just thought "hey wait... that was under yellows". :roflmao:

TBH, I think I was just making excuses to myself for not seeing you on my inside. Not to worry, I wasn't too serious. In fact I was laughing about it as I was saying it. Anyway, as you said, you gave the place back within about half a lap. :thumbsup:

That was a lot of fun. Didn't manage a decent quali lap but was probably still in the right place for race one, which was good for me, hardly any mistakes but not terribly fast.

The out of position start in race 2 was difficult, far too near the front.

I let Kresh through heading down the hill in to the chase and was collected by a spinning car under braking. This was the crash directly in front of you Denis, 1st lap race 2. The rest of the race was a mess of mistakes, odd good sectors but very inconsistent. I need to develop more confidence in sliding the car, a flatter track may help to develop this.

Any way great evening strangely marred by the fact I felt I was being ignored.......my mic was disabled in team speak, DOH!!! There must be a hot key, I knocked my keyboard over so I guess it was then, any idea what the default is? I can check later.

See you all next week. Malx

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 233 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years