HoiHman Race Rig & Rims showcase

I have had my original AccuForce buttonbox lying on shelf for over a year. I tried to sell it, but didn't get the response i wanted.

So i decided to keep it and ordered a 330mm suede wheel on Ali.

So when i was finished mounting the wheel on the AF buttonbox i was pretty happy with the result.

I love the look of the yellow buttons combined with the yellow stitching. But it was still a wheel with the normal spring shifters. So after a short drive, the wheel ended up back on the self again for months.

Yesterday i took one of the shifters apart to take a peak. Instantly the spring popped out and i couldn't manage to get it back any more. So i started to design a new magnetic shifter lever for the button box.

In the end modding it to magnetic shifters was a pretty straight forward job and i'm very happy with end result.

Last edited:
Lately i added a streamdeck and an USBD480 to the rig.

Both devices are great add-ons, but they never had the right place on the rig where i would like to have them. Same goes for the extra buttonbox i had mounted on the left side under my dashboard.

So decided to combine all three into one center console to compliment my curved dashboard. It's still very much work in progress but i'm very happy with the result so far

image (16).jpg

Last edited:
Lately i added a streamdeck and an USBD480 to the rig.

Both devices are great add-ons, but they never had the right place on the rig where i would like to have them. Same goes for the extra buttonbox i had mounted on the left side under my dashboard.

So decided to combine all three into one center console to compliment my curved dashboard. It's still very much work in progress but i'm very happy with the result so far

just stop showing off ( that looks amazing)

I'm curious about your curved panel. Did you make a form and spray gelcoat and then layup the resin and CF ?
Or is this some kind of stock panel that you were able to purchase and then drill holes in?
Or did this start as a flat panel that you heated and then bent?
Or did you just do an amazing job with CF look vinyl ?

However you did it, can you explain the process?

The secret is a ultra thin sheet of high gloss 0.5mm real carbon on the dashboard and 0.3 mm on the center console.

The dashboard is all made by hand 6 or 7 years ago.

The center console is a mixture of 3D printed and CNC milled parts. The most difficult part was making the holes on the curved 3D printed area line up with a flat carbon fiber sheet. The stream deck with it's 15 buttons was also quite a challenge :)

Does that mean that you have 3 thicker flat CF sheets reinforcing the thin gloss CF sheet that are held in placed by the CNC'd support structure?

Here's a picture to clarify things. The light grey bodies are 3D printed, the black bodies are CNC milled and there's a seperate CNC milled layer carbon fiber on the front.

screenshot-684.png

Last edited:
house.png

I spend quite some time working on the rig last week.

- Installing a new seat slider ( the old had lost bearings even though it's not even a year old)
- Moving the GS-5 controlbox under the seat, with it's very very long and rigid cables
- Moving the Buttkicker LFE under the GS-5 to make room for the GS-5 controlbox
- Installing the new center console on the rig and reposition the shifter and handbrake
- A complete wiring overhaul, including the powersupply and emergency stop
- Moving the entry / exit point of the rig from left to right.
- Mounting hardfoam on the bottom GS-5 plates

IMG_20191107_135643.jpg

IMG_20191107_060244.jpg

IMG_20191108_160837.jpg

Still not completely finished because i'm waiting on some new rotary caps and still need to do the labels.

But very happy with the result so far.

image (17).jpg

Because of improved wiring and repositioning the GS-5 control box, the set up time of the entire rig has been reduced to only 2 minutes and 45 seconds.

Last edited:
Henk your rig is so amazing, I still can't believe that it's kinda mobile.
I guess I`m not the only one, who is very interested in a short video where you show us your routine of setting up all the sections and so on. From office to race mode. :D

Thanks, i will make a video some day (hopefully before the end of the year)

In mean time here are some pictures of the rig, while it's not being used.

In a tight 85cm x110cm package i have managed to squeeze in:

- 80/20 frame
- GS5 + GS5 control box
- AccuForce + AccuForce control box
- Dashboard + Centerconsole
- Handbrake + HE shifter
- Seatbelt tensioner ( servo + servo control box)
- SFX100 (4x servos + 4x control boxes)
- HE pro pedals
- 3 Buttkickers mini LFE
- 1 Buttkicker Advance
- 1 Buttkicker LFE

And lots and lost of wires.

image (18).jpg

In the storage position the dashboard is moved all the way to the right.

image (19).jpg

Pedal tray retracted with the control box housing on top of it.

image (20).jpg

At some places the clearance between the different components is only a couple of MM.

You can imagine that with a total of 10 servos (GS-5+SFX+Belt tensioner+ AccuForce) the EMI is a nightmare.
Just moving a single cable, can cause another device to drop out. But i think i have everything under control now.

Optimising the "setting up my rig procedure" is still an ongoing process, but lately there have been quite a few improvements. This applies not only to the hardware, but also the software.

The Streamdeck is the perfect tool for that:
- launching all my simracing apps with the press of only one button, followed by the start button to raise the rig so i can remove the cart underneath.

Next step we be a redesign of the SFX control box, to make it a even more compact, so it's easier to put on the pedal tray, but with 2 minutes and 45 seconds i think i have reached the optimal time frame possible. :)

Last edited:
I made a replica of the Honda GT3 rim from ACC for my friend Tim.

image (21).jpg

He visited me a couple of weeks ago and loved the rim when he gave it a try on my rig. When we compared it to the wheel used in ACC it's almost identical. :)

image (22).jpg

Also in the picture is my center console which is now finally finished with the labels applied.

I also recently did a complete overhaul of my BMW GT rim. A new design, with my 2019 magnetic shifters and a full glossy carbon fiber front

image (23).jpg

I liked the high gloss on the BMW GT so much that i also upgraded my BMW DTM M4 wheel with a high gloss carbon plate.

image (24).jpg

Next project is a Acura GT3 steering wheel which is slightly different than Tim's Honda GT3 wheel and it's coming up soon.

Another project i'm currently working on is upgrading my simracing closet. I have added bright white ledstrips which make all my creations shine :D

image (25).jpg

The bottom shelf still needs to be covered with white painted plates.

Last edited:
I made a replica of the Honda GT3 rim from ACC for my friend Tim.

He visited me a couple of weeks ago and loved the rim when he gave it a try on my rig. When we compared it to the wheel used in ACC it's almost identical. :)

Also in the picture is my center console which is now finally finished with the labels applied.

I also recently did a complete overhaul of my BMW GT rim. A new design, with my 2019 magnetic shifters and a full glossy carbon fiber front

I liked the high gloss on the BMW GT so much that i also upgraded my BMW DTM M4 wheel with a high gloss carbon plate.

Next project is a Acura GT3 steering wheel which is slightly different than Tim's Honda GT3 wheel and it's coming up soon.
Works of art worthy of the Guggenheim.

I agree, but .. I have a worn right shoulder and that's why I'm sticking with the Fanatec Handbrake because it's lighter to operate then the Heusinkveld.

I gave up racquetball many years ago because I would have needed rotor cuff surgery if I continued. I've know a few people who have had rotorcuff surgery and it is always a very long recovery period.

However the HE is adjustable and has soft and hard bushings. I've not tried the soft bushing. I don't think it's any more effort than the Fanatec was, unless you want it to be. I think the key is that you can set it up soft

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%