HoiHman Race Rig & Rims showcase

So the SFX-100 motion rig is finished. As you can see i'm sitting in the opposite side of the room, which involved quite a few changes.

"D-box style" motion is awesome and with the GS-4 seat it's golden combo :)

9c.jpg

The blue toggleswitch on the left of the dashboard can be used to cut off power to the servos of the motionsystem .

In this picture i'm testing a fresh made customer wheel, checkout the reflections on the carbonfiber parts

9d.jpg

From office to race rig can still be achieved under 5 minutes. My record time this week was a whooping 3 minute and 26 seconds:D

- The rig is stored in a adjacent room on a cart
- Because there's limited space: the dashboard + wheel deck can be moved to the right for transport and the pedal deck can be retracted.
- I put the electronic box in front the rig
- only 3 cables to connect : 1x USB, 1x multi connector, 1x powerconnector

and good to go:cool:

Last edited:
Wow is all I can say! Really cool and those rims are fantastic!

Anyway you could explain how you create the handles for your rims? Or just point me in the right direction =)

Thanks,

The hand grips are all a lot of work and all about trial and error. You see so many DIY steeringwheels these day with really uncomfortable handgrips.

It may look good in 3d, but in the end it's all about trial and error.

Printing prototypes having them in your hand and then adjust your drawings making those final adjustments. A handgrip can even feel different when you are racing then when you just hold the steeringwheel.

It's safe to say that my hand grips feel great, but a lot of work and 3d printing has gone into them

image (3).jpg

Last edited:
I can really understand the amount of work that goes into the handles, would this be anything you would be willing to share?

I totally understand if you would say no to that question, I would be sad but I would totally understand =)

I am currently buying all the things I would like for my wheel. I like to have everything in front of me when I am going to start drawing. I am not going to be building a wheel that I would be selling, this is for me alone.

Sorry mate,

Sharing the designs for free would not be fair to all the people who already bought a wheel from me. Only thing i can offer you is that i print a couple of hand grips, but bear in mind that they are specifically designed for my rims. If you are interested send me a PM about the cost and leadtimes

As I wrote, I totally understand that. I really do. But as my mum always said, you will never know if you do not ask =)

I will get back to you if I would like some grips printed, I actually think this could be a good option.

Which of your rims is your favorite in terms of comfortable grip and button placement?

Difficult to say, it's like asking which one is your favourite kid:roflmao:

But probably the DTM rims are really cool. They have great handgrips and the larger diameter combined with the ultra low weight gives a very special feeling.

Today i finished my most difficult wrap of a hand grip so far.

image (4).jpg

So take a guess for what replica wheel it's for? :)

Last edited:
Just a wild guess: Lamborghini Huracan GT3? :p

I had extra intel though because yesterday I was invited by HoiHman to try out his rig.
I went to Holland with a LOT of expectations, really a LOT.
After a warm welcome I had the privilege to give it a go and my GOD :confused:,
I was overwhelmed in every single way. Sensory overload…
When I drove out of the pits all the bells and whistles on that rig made me feel like I had won a test and was exciting the pits in the real car on the real track. Unbelievable. Crashing really makes you feel uncomfortable. We raced and talked for several hours. It's incredible all the things he has done to his rig to achieve such an authentic feel.
I am really proud of my own rig, honestly, but I felt a bit sad when it was time to drive back home.

Before we parted I also gave my eyes a good look in his steering wheel closet.
I know Fanatec makes beautiful rims, but they are just blown away by the sheer quality of those rims in that closet.
I drove with several of these rims and the clicks these paddle shifters make are just in another league (I am a happy accuforce owner but the paddleshifters on the standard rim are no comparison to what I felt yesterday). Respect HoiHman! :thumbsup:
I am really tempted to buy one of your wheels myself tbh. I need a GT3rim for my Accuforce! :D

Again thnx for another nice visit and experience!

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks Tim, having you around is always a pleasure:) I think we both agreed that the rig has reached a "sim changing" level.

Since you already gave it away, i might as well post a WIP of the new rim i'm working on.

I have always loved the bright colours on the Hurican GT3 rim and i think it will look great in my collection.

The original

screenshot-30.png

My version so far

image (5).jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline