HoiHman Race Rig & Rims showcase

Yesterday i finished the Nissan GTR GT3 rim. :)

image (28).jpg

image (29).jpg

On the back there's a rounded rear enclosure and i have also been experimented new shaped hand grips.
The paddles of my self designed magnetic shifters have been 3D printed this time. This allows me to give them a nice rounded edge on the corners, which i really like.

image (30).jpg

The Nissan GTR GT3 rim in ACC

image (31).jpg

And of course, there's a video :D

Last edited:
I've made a couple mods / improvements to my Valve Index which increase comfort and FOV

I sacrificed one Valve Index Facial interface and removed the foam from the plastic structure. I applied the facial foam layer directly on the Valve Index. It allows my face to go much deeper into the HMD and it puts my eyes almost directly against the lenses.

Sometimes i even need to dial the lenses one step back so it's not jammed into my eye socket, giving me maximum FOV :)

Here's picture of my Valve Index and a picture of the unmodded version below for comparison. As you can see there are quite a few mm to be gained when removing the plastic part of the HMD facial interface.

image (32).jpg

Valve-Index-Head-Strap-Cover-4-uai-750x750.jpg

The next logical step was increasing comfort and lowering the pressure on my face. So i added any extra head support on top and applied some counter weights at the back.

image (33).jpg

image (34).jpg

No i can just slip on the HMD like a old baseball cap, no need for adjusting the tension. It just hangs on top of my head pretty loose, only appling a very light to no pressure to my face. Because it's so good balanced out, it stays in place even during some intense rally sessions in Dirt Rally 2 with the SFX100.

Last mod i did was removing the headphones and replace them by a set of Bose 700 headphones with active noise cancelling which filters out the noise of the motion rig completely.

Last edited:
I've made a couple mods / improvements to my Valve Index which increase comfort and FOV

I sacrificed one Valve Index Facial interface and removed the foam from the plastic structure. I applied the facial foam layer directly on the Valve Index. It allows my face to go much deeper into the HMD and it puts my eyes almost directly against the lenses.

Sometimes i even need to dial the lenses one step back so it's not jammed into my eye socket, giving me maximum FOV :)

Here's picture of my Valve Index and a picture of the unmodded version below for comparison. As you can see there are quite a few mm to be gained when removing the plastic part of the HMD facial interface.

The next logical step was increasing comfort and lowering the pressure on my face. So i added any extra head support on top and applied some counter weights at the back.

No i can just slip on the HMD like a old baseball cap, no need for adjusting the tension. It just hangs on top of my head pretty loose, only appling a very light to no pressure to my face. Because it's so good balanced out, it stays in place even during some intense rally sessions in Dirt Rally 2 with the SFX100.

Last mod i did was removing the headphones and replace them by a set of Bose 700 headphones with active noise cancelling which filters out the noise of the motion rig completely.
Interesting! How much FoV do you estimate you gain?
I'm guessing your Index is out of the warranty period?

This is highly dependent on the structure of your face and absolutely unnecessary for many of us.

With the stock face shield I can bring the lenses so close that my eye lashes are brushing badly and I have to back it off.

If your brow extends out far enough to keep you from being able to brush eye lashes on the lenses than this modification may be useful. If you had pronounced and high cheek bones, you may want to trim the bottom of the face shield.

However I think for the majority of the population that it can be adjusted optimally without any modifications. To date everyone I've had over has had to adjust the lenses in and then back it off.

Last edited:
This is highly dependent on the structure of your face and absolutely unnecessary for many of us.

With the stock face shield I can bring the lenses so close that my eye lashes are brushing badly and I have to back it off.

If your brow extends out far enough to keep you from being able to brush eye lashes on the lenses than this modification may be useful. If you had pronounced and high cheek bones, you may want to trim the bottom of the face shield.

However I think for the majority of the population that it can be adjusted optimally without any modifications. To date everyone I've had over has had to adjust the lenses in and then back it off.

p04swslw.jpg

For me personally the increase in FOV was significant enough, but also the wider shape fits my face better.

Index is still in the warranty period and can be restored to original if need. (let's hope not :D )

You can check this yourself easily. Stand with your back against a wall, go into steam home and put on the valve index with the standard facial interface. Then remove the facial interface and put the index back on moving it as close as possible without moving ofcourse.

Compare back and forwards looking at the edges of the screen and how much you can see of the room without turning your head.

You should be able to see for easily this way if you can gain extra FOV with this mod.

It is Prusa Galaxy Black PLA, like Johnny already mentioned, it's amazing. Looks better, prints better than Carbon fiber X

I bought 5KG on black Friday and i'm at my last roll. Sadly it's out of stock since a couple of weeks.

This air straightener i printed looks like something that comes out of the factory :D

image (37).jpg

Last edited:
I've had a Prusa MK3S in my cart for a couple months. I almost pulled the trigger yesterday, but they have very little filament I want in stock right now.

Are using the stock .4mm nozzle?

I've added a new section to my curved carbon fiber dashboard:

7 momentary toggles which each have double functions which can be toggled by the 8th toggle switch. The Streamdeck mini is integrated and each toggle is separated by arched brackets for better separation and ability to find them on the touch when racing in VR.

Live SimFeedback values can be displayed on either the Streamdeck mini or the regular Streamdeck in the center console.

1.jpg

The challenge of adding an addon with exactly the same curve as the dashboard (which i made 8 years ago) was pretty big since the dash was made before i started using CAD.

Very happy with the result. We are working on the software to control SFB through any buttonbox.

2.jpg

Last edited:
This one is from turn racing, i did not wrap it myself.

I did wrap the Huracan GT3 wheel myself, but it's with material i bought a couple of years ago and the seller has stopped offering it.

It's two halfs yes, 1 front and 1 back.

I've added a new section to my curved carbon fiber dashboard:

7 momentary toggles which each have double functions which can be toggled by the 8th toggle switch. The Streamdeck mini is integrated and each toggle is separated by arched brackets for better separation and ability to find them on the touch when racing in VR.

Live SimFeedback values can be displayed on either the Streamdeck mini or the regular Streamdeck in the center console.

The challenge of adding an addon with exactly the same curve as the dashboard (which i made 8 years ago) was pretty big since the dash was made before i started using CAD.

Very happy with the result. We are working on the software to control SFB through any buttonbox.

Such a cool rig, and the workmanship that has gone into this cannot be underestimated and the detail on the smallest of elements and finishes as well.
Im crushing on this rig just a little, from myself who gets hung up on the smallest little details when doing anything on my rig, its just perfect.

Im in awe of it, bravo sir, bravo!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 76 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 48 6.3%
  • < 5 years