HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

Here is the New game prediction (with game-changing lineups from 1999 to 2019):

New game prediction: The Legendary Formula Team Manager

1999 Legendary Formula Team Manager game Lineup prediction:

McLaren: Hakkinen & Berger
Ferrari: M. Schumacher & Barrichello
Williams: Boutsen & R. Schumacher
Jordan: Coulthard & Nannini
Benetton: Frentzen & Panis
Sauber: Servia & Modena
Arrows: Bartels & Franchitti
Wolf (taking in place of Stewart): Fisichella & Alesi
Hesketh (taking in place of Prost): Lehto & Wurz
Minardi: Comas & Gene
BAR: Villeneuve & Rosberg
Larrousse: Zanardi & Fittipaldi
Onyx: Modena & Zonta
Alfa Romeo: Hill & Tarquini
Jaguar: Irvine & Webber
Leyton House: Herbert & Katayama

I only made the 1999 The Legendary Formula Team Manager game lineup prediction. So I'm hoping someone to make this forum game.

Don't ask for others to make it for you mate, you've just listed drivers from the 90s with no concept in the slightest.

Come up with an idea, see if it's being done, refine the concept and then present it. Don't just come up with stuff and not think it through.

Please only discuss it in this thread. Don't copy ideas and make it look like you're stealing an idea from someone else by quoting their entire first post that they have spent a lot of time writing and perfecting.

It's nice to see you're keen though. Rather than trying to run a game straight out of the blue, why not have a go at playing our games first and seeing how stuff runs. After a while, when you've seen how it all works, hopefully you'll have had time to think and plan a proper game from scratch and can find people who want to play.

Have a go at playing these games
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/track-designing-competition.82273/
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/countdown-from-100-000-to-zero.25145/
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ffgsc-season-1.169583/
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rate-the-song.53850/[/URL]

I just wanted to say HAPPY FRIDAY!! I think this is the first weekend in about two months where I might actually get a chance to relax. No visitors/ No holiday trips. No important errands. And it will be raining too much to care for the garden.

giphy.gif

I was wondering, would it make sense to turn the wiki from sim career to forum games as whole? I know the discussion's been had before, but if there's interest in keeping track of results of games it'd make sense, seeing how neither Ben nor I update the database any longer. And the wiki would be easier to access and manage by everybody in that regard.
Obviously not doing it to the extent that I used to do with F1 career, but for example simple season pages for Forum Racing, without any further links to driver or team pages.

Just a thought.

To be honest, writing down all of Forum Games into the wiki is a huge task. I would love to see that, but does it worth it? I don't know.
I agree.
But as was the database.

The thing is that it wont be properly updated for every game after a while as it happened now.

Maybe we can start new games in the wiki if embedding is possible and add past seasons from time to time?

Can the standings table be embedded into RD?
Because then we could to results directly in the wiki, no need to work double
Not that I know of, but you could simply take a screenshot and attach it. However, race results pages/tables (like this) are extra work. I was thinking just season pages, with lineups, calendar, and standings. The latter only at season end. I do have an excel table that'd make it rather simple to do it per race, but you need a bit of knowledge to understand how the formulas work. Guess Aidan can confirm.

To be honest, writing down all of Forum Games into the wiki is a huge task. I would love to see that, but does it worth it? I don't know.
Believe me, I know just how much work it'd be. As Ben said, it was the same with the database. Be it him doing most of FR, or I doing Formula Manager. Obvioulsy I could upload the latest version I have, but since the UI is in German, I doubt that anyone really would want to get into it. Benefit of the DB would be that it automatically generates the standings, as well as statistics for drivers and teams by simply entering race results.

Question is how big is the interest in keeping track of results? I'm a lover of statistics, hence why I did all that work when I was still involved in the games. But since I no longer am, I don't really have the drive to update these things anymore.
Of course you could say there's info in the respective threads, but the question is for how long? Recently had a look at the old FLM 1.0 thread, and found that most images were gone already. Appears to have been temporary as they were back just now. Faced similar troubles years back when starting the GPGSL wiki, since most from earlier seasons was uploaded to imageshack, which in the meantime became subscription based and removed everything posted from former free accounts.

I don't really mind whatever'll be done, just thought I should bring it up.

Last edited:
Not that I know of, but you could simply take a screenshot and attach it. However, race results pages/tables (like this) are extra work. I was thinking just season pages, with lineups, calendar, and standings. The latter only at season end. I do have an excel table that'd make it rather simple to do it per race, but you need a bit of knowledge to understand how the formulas work. Guess Aidan can confirm.

Believe me, I know just how much work it'd be. As Ben said, it was the same with the database. Be it him doing most of FR, or I doing Formula Manager. Obvioulsy I could upload the latest version I have, but since the UI is in German, I doubt that anyone really would want to get into it. Benefit of the DB would be that it automatically generates the standings, as well as statistics for drivers and teams by simply entering race results.

Question is how big is the interest in keeping track of results? I'm a lover of statistics, hence why I did all that work when I was still involved in the games. But since I no longer am, I don't really have the drive to update these things anymore.
Of course you could say there's info in the respective threads, but the question is for how long? Recently had a look at the old FLM 1.0 thread, and found that most images were gone already. Appears to have been temporary as they were back just now. Faced similar troubles years back when starting the GPGSL wiki, since most from earlier seasons was uploaded to imageshack, which in the meantime became subscription based and removed everything posted from former free accounts.

I don't really mind whatever'll be done, just thought I should bring it up.
I guess we are proper germans.
I love statistics aswell.

"We need all the results. Organised, up to date, with complete statistics of every quali, race championship. Anecdotes, highlighta, summary, driver pages. Make it look good and tidy. How can we optimise that process? I want solutions and expect efficiency! And dont be late for anything"

I mean, back when i created the first version of the database i had a look on every page of every season to get all fhe results. Doesnt get more german than that i guess.

:D

I guess we are proper germans.
I love statistics aswell.

"We need all the results. Organised, up to date, with complete statistics of every quali, race championship. Anecdotes, highlighta, summary, driver pages. Make it look good and tidy. How can we optimise that process? I want solutions and expect efficiency! And dont be late for anything"

I mean, back when i created the first version of the database i had a look on every page of every season to get all fhe results. Doesnt get more german than that i guess.

:D
122020140452173.jpg

I just renamed it. Can be undone again anytime if wanted.

If you want to add pages, just do it. Changes can be undone, pages can be renamed or deleted if necessary, deleted pages can be restored.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%