HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

Would you be interested in the next Forum Racing Season to use a Le Mans 24 Hours theme?
There will be 24 sprint races, but these will not be separate races and each will advance the Le Mans by 1 hour.
Each minute in real life will cost 1 second in the race.
Failing to finish in a hour will give a set amount of seconds disadvantage.
If there is enough interest, I would like to moderate such a season.

Last edited:
Would you be interested in the next Forum Racing Season to use a Le Mans 24 Hours theme?
There will be 24 sprint races, but these will not be separate races and each will advance the Le Mans by 1 hour.
A: Someone who wants to host FR - YES
B: Someone with an innovative idea to bring to FR - YES!!!!

Sounds better than the early 24h formats in RDFR (with hundreds of posts... i remember stumbling upon it when creating the database) do you remeber the rules of that race?

Sounds better than the early 24h formats in RDFR (with hundreds of posts... i remember stumbling upon it when creating the database) do you remeber the rules of that race?
Those were truly insane!

One format I remember was replying 'finish' as many times as you can in 1 hour. Those were spam-fest modes. I must admit they were introduced by me, guilty as charged. :D

Last edited:
How about this game, folks --

I post a picture of a Formula One circuit and you guess which one it is. It can be a Google aerial zoomed in to a random location...obviously some identifying features of course. Or I can post a picture of a trackside walk, so you have to guess from the surrounding terrain and buildings. Maybe I'll post a picture of the podium ceremony and you can guess by who is up there. We don't necessarily have to stick with F1 circuits, but they should be important enough to make it into wikipedia or racingcircuitinfo. Guess right and you can post the next picture. I supposed if it takes to long, hints can be offered.

This is an excellent idea, do you have the time to run it?

I told myself I'd keep off RD since I got 3-week banned, but honestly, the manager games here have been giving me some purpose during my teen years, I kind of miss it.

So I'll do a new game proposal (and I'll put it in a spoiler so the post takes up less space)
I don't remember if I proposed it before, but I think now is a good time since we don't have a RTS game running.
So my game would combine F1, RTS, and Excel (or a proper programming language, but since we're all used to excel games here I'd rather stick to that)
In bullets:
-I ran a trial of the game many years ago! I kept adding features to it, but found that my mates preferred the most simple version.
-We would follow a real F1 season, either historic or 2022, but with custom teams. Leaning towards 2022 right now.
-Teams would have a limited budget to buy drivers, engines, or upgrade the car short-term or long-term. This would force managers to make compromises to be fast at some tracks and slow at other tracks.
-Managers can bias their car for qualifying or the race.
-After qualifying is posted, managers send me their strategy for the race.
-During the pit window, or any major event in a race, I stop the race and post the current state, and allow managers to change their strategy.
-I would allow conditional orders, such as: "Pit for hards on lap 24, but if Leclerc pits then pit on the lap after"
-Before the race I would post optimal tyre strategies, like they do before the F1 races.
-I didn't like the payouts/rewards in our trial, so they will probably be race-by-race like FFG used to be and I'll balance it in a way to help long-term focus too.

Overall, I used FFG and Omer's manager as inspiration for my trial, since neither game is running right now I thought it was a nice time to make the proposal.

Why another excel game? We have Meff's manager.
-GPLM doesn't involve RTS during races. This was the fun element during our trial. But I also don't want to take from his game, it's unique in it's own way.

So it's just a copy of Omer's manager?
-FM was very calculated and complex, with refuelling and many pace modes. I found whenever I tried to add these features in my trial, it was driving people away. So I would keep the RTS element simple with pitstops and maybe 2-3 pace modes, with a 24h update interval.

When would I start it?
-Right now I want to see whether there would be interest for such a game. But realistically I imagined it can be played with 8-13 managers.
Do respond if you would be interested in playing such a game!

That sounds really fun, but I fear the Forum Games' lack of activity might be an issue, seeing we can't even start the Forum Racing Season due to low attendance. But a manager game label might attract outside attention as well. :geek:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back