• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Omer Said, Jun 21, 2009.

1. oorjit07

oorjit07

Ratings:
    +216
    Genuinely believe the organizers/FIA should be taken to court over that crap.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. rubaru

rubaru

Ratings:
    +690
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  3. oorjit07

oorjit07

Ratings:
    +216
  4. rubaru

rubaru

Ratings:
    +690
    I don't know what the rest of world is doing today, but for me it is one of reflection of one of the greatest tragedies ever experienced. Over 3000 killed, families and friends torn apart. My uncle lost 3 colleagues on one of the aircraft. My wife's cousin was at work across the street and had to run from the madness.

It's been 18 years but I remember EVERYTHING about that day. I was driving to work and the radio wasn't playing the normal music. The DJ's were talking very calmly about... something...I couldn't quite figure it out. When I got to the office, a TV had been turned on, and the news was starting to report the plane strikes. A half hour later, the Pentagon, and reports of a 4th missing plane before it crashed in Pennsylvania. My mom called me in a hysteria because her brother often had business in New York. And then the first tower fell with her still on the phone with me. I tried to tell her it would be fine, but honestly I had no way of knowing for sure.

The boss closed the office early because we had reports of all sorts of other possibilities. I went home, watched the news, and learned the entire aviation system had been shut down. I could see all of Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport from my 3rd floor apartment. It was strange to see NOTHING happening there. No planes moving around. The air was silent. For six days. The only aircraft I saw was an occasional flight of F-16s from the air force base across town.

I don't know what point I'm trying to make here. Just for you all to know that, as an American, this is very much a part of our memories, our history, and even our culture. Children born after 2001 know what 9/11 is because we will not let this moment ever be lost. And neither should any of you who are not Americans.

• Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Premium

Ratings:
    +3,973
    Even as a child in Turkey, watching the tragedy unfold on live television was quite shocking. I just pray no such incidents ever happen again anywhere.

6. Benutzername

Benutzername
    I breathe a lot. I guess i just really like air.

Ratings:
    +2,687
    Its amazing that everybody knows where theyve seen it when it happened.

If i calculated correctly, i was just a 3 years (nearly 4) german kid and remember the scenes and the aftermath on TV

7. Meff28s

Meff28s
    Premium

Ratings:
    +956
    Damn ! You were that young ?! I was pretty sure we had the same age :O_o:

8. Benutzername

Benutzername
    I breathe a lot. I guess i just really like air.

Ratings:
    +2,687
    Whats your age if i may ask? :p

9. rubaru

rubaru

Ratings:
    +690
    On that day, I was 26. I'm now almost 45.

10. Meff28s

Meff28s
    Premium

Ratings:
    +956

11. Lesley Buurlage

Lesley Buurlage
    I'm fast as fook boy Premium

Ratings:
    +1,730
    I was 4 so i've no active memories of 9/11, but i made damn sure that i watched the live reports on youtube and every single documentary under the sun just to watch and learn who and why someone would want to do something so gruesome..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.