F1 2010 Hockenheim sacrilege

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
OK I must have been living under a rock for the last 10 years. It seems I have managed to miss every German Grand Prix for God knows how long. While I try to watch the races on TV, & usually attend Silverstone, I'm not enough of a fan to follow it.

Anyway, Career mode, I finally get to Hockenheim... bearing in mind the only other F1 game I've played was Geoff Crammonds F1GP back in 91... so off I go at Hockenhiem...

WTF! This aint the right track! where the hell are the long starights? Wheres the damned chicanes?

Hokenheimring_%282in1%29.png

Gutted! Absolutely gutted.

When did they even change it
emoticon-0181-fubar.gif

Like I said I must have been living under a rock the last 10 years to not even notice.

thank Tilke.... If he's not busy thinking up another boring sandbox circuit with Bernie chasing the dosh, he goes off and butchers classic tracks like this one....

Seriously why is this the only guy ever getting these track design contracts when he has failed to deliver good tracks on every one of his tries :( Seems like Tilke thinks all F1 tracks should be like this: Long straight + heavy braking zone + mickey mouse section + long straight + heavy braking zone = new track yay :/

thank Tilke.... If he's not busy thinking up another boring sandbox circuit with Bernie chasing the dosh, he goes off and butchers classic tracks like this one....

Seriously why is this the only guy ever getting these track design contracts when he has failed to deliver good tracks on every one of his tries :( Seems like Tilke thinks all F1 tracks should be like this: Long straight + heavy braking zone + mickey mouse section + long straight + heavy braking zone = new track yay :/

I sometimes think they would be better off handing a buch of crayons to some 8 year olds and let them come up with something.

Did he not design the new track in Korea and then when f1 arrived there they realised the pit entry or exit had issues they hadnt foreseen. I remember thinking at the time that it seemed a ridiculous error.

*lol* yeah I remember that guy too James...

@ssscruddy I bet it was a HUGE surprise!! It was changed quite a long time ago, about ten years I think. I have to be honest though I really like the new Hockenheim layout.

Surprised, & very dissapointed. Even more surprised when I found out how long ago it had changed. I had been looking forward to it for ages. Oh well, lets hope they havent nerfed Monza

How hard can it to design a track anyway?? What does his design consist of, just the layout or facilities and everything?? i must admit when i hear the name 'Tilke' i just wanna throw my toys out of the pram and have a moan.

@ Steve - Your dead right

The old circuit was pretty sweet due to the high speed, but its not exactly a difficult track, just lots of straight and a few chicanes.

Having it smaller makes it more convenient for the crowds, its easier to manage accidents, if someone gets a puncture it takes a lot less time to get back to the pit, all sorts of reasons why they wanted to make it smaller.

But then again, the new(ish) layout of Hockenheim is not so great either, its one of those tracks where you could be stuck behind a car all the way through the race, because there are very limited places you could overtake someone (not talking about online sprint races here) and personally the only part of the track i find to be quite fun is the last sector, all the rest seems pretty straight forward

The new f1 track layout in the US ( austen) looks very nice.... Is that tilke aswell? He must have been ill while designing that one....
yea it's him. At least he finally seems to be learning that elevation can also create interesting tracks, but overall layout of Austin GP still seems to be 2 long straights with heavy braking and a silly mickey mouse section in between.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back