Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Here's a new AIW for Croft if anyone wants to try it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xnbxnf5w06m70r4/Croft_New_AI_&_PITS.rar

To install - replace your original AIW file with this one, and replace your original BTCC2011_CroftMesh.MAS with this one.
It does NOT change any of the original graphics or any of Patricks excellent upgrades, it only moves the pit lights at each end slightly to make more room for pit spots as the pit lane is so short.

(The original had only 14 pit spots, this new one has managed to fit 26 pit spots and garages in).

It also improves the racing line around the final hairpin onto the straight - cars will occasionally still go off the track here, but nowhere near as often as they were, including on the rolling starts, which is much cleaner.

:)

I found that with this version in sector 1 on the right hand sweeper after the first chicane there are a series of bumps that are all where service roads abut the race surface. I wonder if this is an unintentional overlap in the mesh.

I get a microstutter each time the spotter comes on the radio which is annoying and makes driving very difficult.
I think I found out how to fix most of the stuttering and got the spotter to talk more during the race.

To fix most of the stutter, install the vcredist_x86.exe in link this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999
The stutter will now only happen initially in the session, but after a little while it will be smootth.

Also rename the "vr.exe" file in "\SpotterAddon\VR Component\" to something else, which is causing errors and long loading between sessions.

Last edited:
Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Hockenheim Historic - Hockenheim Historic for GSCEx

Hi guys.

I am happy to propose you this track. It was a bit painfull to have what we have know.
Things are not perfect and some buildings would deserve a remapping but it is not really a problem when running.

Thanks to Carrera.4 for initial track (permissions given by
Dumeklemmer who manage his tracks now).

I am really satisfied with it in fact. Very good feeling in F1Classic.

Read more about this resource...

I tested this mod with higher inertia values. Cars stopped shaking at the garages, and they don't go suddenly airborne anymore (Laguna, Elkhart). Also slightly less twitchier to drive. I took the values from ISI's DW12, as they are indeed higher. Don't believe that the vehicles were more rigid back in '98.

Another thing, it would be nice if the sounds were fixed to original quality. Oh, and the boost included.

Otherwise excellent.

Reactions: hex
Hm, performance is very bad on this track for me. Was playing Goiania before and it was going 90+ on full max/ 4xAA. Here it is 60 for most of the lap and even drops into the 50s...Everything looks very outdated here, I have no idea why the performance is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%