F1 2016 Hockenheim - Germany (Dry)

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Graham Laing

Retired Staff
setups-700.jpg

Please post your setups for Hockenheim - Germany (Dry) here, bearing in mind our formatting & video rules :-

How to layout your setup in this forum + video rules

Car
Mercedes

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 9
Rear Wing Angle: 8

Differential
On throttle: 80%
Off throttle: 70%

Suspension Geometry
Front Camber : -3.00
Rear Camber: -1.50
Front Toe: 0.15
Rear Toe : 0.28

Suspension
Front Suspension: 10
Rear Suspension: 10
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 10
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 10
Front Ride Height: 5
Rear Ride Height: 5

Brakes

Brake Pressure: 90%
Front Brake Bias: 62%

Tyre Pressures

Front Tyre Pressure: 23.8
Rear Tyre Pressure: 22.3

Weight Distribution
Ballast: 11

Notes
**Time Trial Setup** - Full Traction, ABS Brakes, Auto Gears, Xbox Controller (PC)

Managed to get into the top 20 in the leaderboards with this setup. Time was a 1:14.853.

--Do Not Use This For Race Conditions--

Last edited:
Tried you're setup kyle great setup but huge tyrewear . I am racing with red bull

Yes, because Time Trial setups are meant for Time Trial, not Races, which require a different setup, with adjusted wing and camber levels. I suggest you take the TT setup, tweak it, and see what the tyre wear is like in Practice sessions. I plan on making Race setups after I got through all the tracks in TT.

Last edited:
Car
Mercedes

Circuit
Hockenheim - Germany

Condition
Dry

Distance
Time Trial

Time

Tyre Type
Super Softs (restricted due to Time Trial Mode)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 7
Rear Wing Angle: 6

Differential
On throttle: 69%

Suspension Geometry
Front Camber : -2.50
Rear Camber: -1.00
Front Toe: 0.05
Rear Toe: 0.20

Suspension
Front Suspension: 11
Rear Suspension: 9
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 3
Front Ride Height: 6
Rear Ride Height: 6

Brakes

Brake Pressure: 80%
Front Brake Bias: 60%

Tyre Pressures

Front Tyre Pressure: 23.0 PSI
Rear Tyre Pressure: 21.1 PSI

Weight Distribution

Fuel Load
Kg: 10kg (restricted due to Time Trial Mode)

Notes

Next up on my "agenda" was Germany! My home country and one of my favorit tracks to be honest :)
Was tricky to get the first corner right, but i think i managed it pretty well in this lap ;)
Setup is almost the same setup which i used in malaysia and it worked pretty well in the stadium section!
I lost around two tenths after the 90 degree left hander which cost me a high 13 time...

But nevertheless give it a try and let me know what you think :D

Have fun!

My Setup at Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=779460473

My Lap on RaceTube

http://www.racedepartment.com/media/videos/f1-2016-setup-hotlap-germany-1-14-068-pc.20558/

Team
Haas F1 Team

Lap Time
1:15.423

Race Mode
Time Trail

Weather
Dry

Format
Xbox One

Controller Type
Controller

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Aero: 7
Rear Wing Aero: 6

Transmission
Differential Adjustment On Throttle: 68%
Differential Adjustment Off throttle: 70%

Suspension Geometry
Front Camber: -2.50
Rear Camber: -1.00
Front Toe: 0.08
Rear Toe: 0.32

Suspension
Font Suspension: 11
Rear Suspension: 5
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 4

Brakes
Brake Pressure: 82%

Tyres
Front Tyre Pressure: 22.6psi
Rear Tyre Pressure: 20.7psi

Weight Distribution

My Setup/Hotlap : http://www.racedepartment.com/media/videos/germany-gp-haas-f1-team-setup-1-15-423-no-assists.21365/

Last edited by a moderator:
Car
Sauber

Aerodynamics

Differential

Suspension Geometry

Suspension

Brakes

Brake Pressure: 85%

Tyre Pressures

Weight Distribution
Ballast: 6

Notes
*Race Setup* - Used in Career mode.

Car
Sauber

Aerodynamics

Differential

Suspension Geometry

Suspension

Brakes

Brake Pressure: 85%

Tyre Pressures

Weight Distribution
Ballast: 6

Notes
*Race Setup* - Used in Career mode.
Any idea what your Q time was ? And what difficulty do you drive in career ? I also use slightly lower wings, I use 7-6 or 6-5 for my races on legend or ultimate AI and my league races as well.

Any idea what your Q time was ? And what difficulty do you drive in career ? I also use slightly lower wings, I use 7-6 or 6-5 for my races on legend or ultimate AI and my league races as well.

Sorry I can't remember it was ages ago and I didn't keep track. All I know is I ended up on the front row at least. It was my first season so I went with Master, but found it a bit easy once I developed the car. I'll put it up for my next season... when (if) I get round to it.

I'm not sure why you bother Kyle with all assists. Any setup will do, you are never going to struggle with tyre wear using abs and full tc surely

This is how I've played every F1 game since F1 2010. This is how I like to play, as do many others. Also you are incorrect, setups do matter and they certainly do effect tyre wear.

I didn't say setups never effected tyre wear. Just simply that tyre wear is never a problem with full tc and abs. For example I can struggle in the tyre wear program on a certain setup and even fail with no tc or abs. With the same setup and these assists on I get optimum.
And I have no issues if that's how you like to play.

Not sure how you manage to do that.. perhaps you're a better driver?

Every one of my setups had to be tweaked so I get the optimum tyre wear. On some tracks.. I remember Baku, my Time Trial setup was terrible for tyre wear, no matter what I did I would get in the red, or in the green, but nowhere near purple. Played around with the setup a lot but still didn't do anything. It wasn't til i changed the brake bias was I able to sort out the severe wear.

And that happened on other tracks too, I was struggling to get into the purple despite driving clean. With assists you can't pick the gear you're in.. and braking is another thing you need to get right otherwise it kills the tyres. I have no experience playing any of the F1 games without assists .. I've tried, but it's too much work for me. I like to get the F1 experience.. but I'm no simulation enthusiast. I like to play casually, and other players who can't handle no assists appreciate my setups as they are more suited for them. I also have only ever played using a controller, which again is another setback.

It's fair enough for you, you don't seem to have issues. Me.. using a Sauber in career mode with assists on with an Xbox controller, I've had times where my time trial setups (which I used as a base) needed serious tweaking so my tyres wouldn't be destroyed. I like to reduce the amount of pitstops as much as possible, with a slow car like a Sauber you need track position. As the season went on.. as I got more developments on the car, tyre wear became less of an issue, but I was still having to tweak. There were a couple of times my setups were too nice on the tyres, so the tweaks aimed for more speed and being able to lean on them more (Russia is the only example I can think of atm). Perhaps you can use any setup and be fine .. but it wasn't the case for me.

Last edited:
I'm using almost every time my Setups in Career. Tyrewear is more affected by the driving itself rather than the setup.
This is what i found out

Well i've never used a controller just a wheel. I would imagine a wheel to be much smoother which relates to better tyre wear for sure. No I don't consider myself a better driver I don't know how you do it on a controller.
I find almost every M.R set up to my liking for some reason so keep them coming!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back