PC1 Hmmm.. the Karts?

Msportdan

@Simberia
Well as latest build thread tells I had a go at build 834 and liked it a lot. One thing is dint like was the karts.. (now don't judge me as I know this is an earlier build). But I thought the karts were horrendous, especially compared to the likes of RF2/GSC karts. The just felt sooooo floaty felt like was on ice, the Ai were a bit of mess to, I know for sure karts have more grip than this...and feel ioverall more "planted"

is this a general feeling of WMD karts or is this down to an old build.

I have only used the karts probably 2-3 times over the 4 years I've been with the project so I cannot comment much on it. I will say anything other than the Kart Sim product that is out there, is basically hacking a car simulation into trying to simulate a kart which is going to be flawed from the beginning.

However, the tire model developer for SMS is actually a kart racer. The karts are completely different in relation to the build you are "evaluating". For a long time, the karts were completely broken in pCARS as they focused on the other vehicles. It wasn't until around February this year they went back and fixed them (the build you have will be from around the October time frame). They will not match Kart Sim, but they are good for a diversion of the other vehicles.

Actually, I will say all vehicles are much better from that point (physics and FFB). If you like that build, you will be extremely pleased with the initial release content.

that's my aim mate. to get a good idea if this is worth the purchase ,if so I will simply buy it. But having gsc and Rf2 I want it to deliver something fresh and new, and so far (even with an old build) ive been impressed. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%