I just wasn't expecting it!
Career Level 1 'Discovering the World' Race 3 with the nightmare ZX-R 750:
He is just so damned fast down the long hill...I can't stay with him.
So I got my own ZX-R and set up for max acceleration and corners and PRAYED!
Got the bugger by 0.289 :)

So, bike set up matters and the physics aren't that bad. I am actually responding to what the bike is doing and planning my races!
So, Yes. I am having fun.

Anyone else found outstanding races to watch for?

I have found it to be quite addictive . It is great that throttle control is paramount just like a real bike . It is great to pick big fast lines and trail break into corners . Plus the bikes don't 'bounce' anymore with wheelying .

In two minds about this now, I realy liked Ride...loved Ride 2, but day one DLC? Apart from graphics is it much of a step up from Ride2? Looking at the vid above with Hillier the bikes seem more squirrelly on the brakes now.

Can't comment whether step up from Ride 2 except in graphics as I tried demo Ride 2 and never got on with it as struggled controlling the bikes. Braking can be squirmy but largely due to me being ham fisted plus I've not settled on the buttons to map for front/rear. Using combined brakes until get familiar with it as sure if I practice enough could reduce squirm under braking - bit like a real bike.

As motorcyclist never found a motorcycle sim/game satisfactory yet this one I am enjoying more than IOMTT, MXGP & MotoGP18 - not saying better than any them.

Anyway, worth you buying - dare I say it depends on what price you pay for it!

I already have two major gripes just watching videos

1) The game seriuosly needs some form of input smoothing for the steering.
2) They (or modders) need to figure out how to stop the chase cameras from literally causing nausea from the awkward shaking and bobbing.

Hi, someone know how to mod ride 3, i watched a few videos on motogp18(ue4) modding, but stil not understand nothing.. i want to edit cameras fov/position and especially to add leaning in cockpit cam.

for ride2 or motogp17 was easy, u have a mix.extractor, and a file editor, simple.
but here i don't know nothing (exactly like jon snow)

umodel for extracting the uasset files... then im not sure... would love a camera mod for first person view but i dont know how id edit uasset files aside from downloading UE4 and importing them. if you want to change things thats where id start..

Actually many issues (still love the game despite it all)but these 4 jump to the top of the queue in my head! I'm in two minds about getting Ride 3 and was wondering if anyone could be so kind to provide info if they have it. :)

1) God awful PP implementation......Ride 2 had older 1000cc bikes up against the 600s, bloody stupid.
2) Several bikes had crappy handling on downshifts in the lower gears...notably the '08 ZX6R, many others. Several bikes leant too far as well, so scrapped along the ground.
3) stupid multiplier for race length.......why do a 4 lap race for an extra 10% when I could do 4 one lap races and earn 300% more? (forgot the exact details but the extra credits should be a LOT higher for the longer races)
4) Original Fireblade has no backing to the lights so you can see them the side and back as well.

It's nit picky stuff, I'll defo get it at some point.

I haven’t really tested the other things but the handling in ride 3 is great, it’s kinda like the realistic challenge physics mod where you can’t slam the breaks without locking up the tires and you can’t full Throttle out of corners and if you downshift while in high rpms the bike will start sliding so you kinda have to rev match. They did a really great job on the handling in this game. I hope this helps your decision.
Edit: I forgot to mention but there is also many great tracks like, the snake and the Isle of Man and some new bikes like 300s and some adv bikes.

yeah . Like always it could be better , with a game with so many bikes like this I suppose it is inevitable there will be bugs . Hey one thing I figured out after watching countless David Moss suspension videos ...... Soften the front end in the spring , preload and compression to let the front dive more into corners to get a good sharper turn . then maybe play with rebound if needed . i.e adding more rebound will hold the fork compression for longer .

Won't that cause under steer? I must go and find out :D
In this 'simulation' (lol) who knows :rolleyes: . Even in real life too much of something that you would think would make more oversteer can actually cause understeer because the front tyre will push too much in the corner . Also it comes down to riding style . Me personally I like to be on the power most of the time .
As soon as the bike is turned I will be on the throttle progressively throughout the corner . This technique in itself helps the bike steer sharper . And obviously if the bikes forks are compressed the bike will be shorter in its wheelbase .More Ride height in the rear shock through increasing preload at the rear will help with sharper steering .

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 268 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 178 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 179 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.4%