Hmmm, actually having some fun.

Pepper606

100RPM
I just wasn't expecting it!
Career Level 1 'Discovering the World' Race 3 with the nightmare ZX-R 750:
He is just so damned fast down the long hill...I can't stay with him.
So I got my own ZX-R and set up for max acceleration and corners and PRAYED!
Got the bugger by 0.289 :)

So, bike set up matters and the physics aren't that bad. I am actually responding to what the bike is doing and planning my races!
So, Yes. I am having fun.

Anyone else found outstanding races to watch for?

I have found it to be quite addictive . It is great that throttle control is paramount just like a real bike . It is great to pick big fast lines and trail break into corners . Plus the bikes don't 'bounce' anymore with wheelying .

Damage Inc

500RPM
I have found it to be quite addictive . It is great that throttle control is paramount just like a real bike . It is great to pick big fast lines and trail break into corners . Plus the bikes don't 'bounce' anymore with wheelying .
Oh the bit I emboldened is awesome news, that "pogo" effect after a wheelie in Ride 2 was a mare!

yeah . Like always it could be better , with a game with so many bikes like this I suppose it is inevitable there will be bugs . Hey one thing I figured out after watching countless David Moss suspension videos ...... Soften the front end in the spring , preload and compression to let the front dive more into corners to get a good sharper turn . then maybe play with rebound if needed . i.e adding more rebound will hold the fork compression for longer .

Won't that cause under steer? I must go and find out :D
In this 'simulation' (lol) who knows :rolleyes: . Even in real life too much of something that you would think would make more oversteer can actually cause understeer because the front tyre will push too much in the corner . Also it comes down to riding style . Me personally I like to be on the power most of the time .
As soon as the bike is turned I will be on the throttle progressively throughout the corner . This technique in itself helps the bike steer sharper . And obviously if the bikes forks are compressed the bike will be shorter in its wheelbase .More Ride height in the rear shock through increasing preload at the rear will help with sharper steering .

Pepper606

100RPM
Writing...this...down...going to test it :)
I just got my 1st R2 and am going to attempt the world enduro volume. 1st race is Imola THIRTY laps!
8 races or something lol.
I haven't dropped below 100 AI so far so I need all the little bits of help/knowledge.
Some of these races have been mental, but I think they will balance them out in time.
The Cadwell timed lap where no one has managed it etc. 1:32 in a too slow a bike.

Damage Inc

500RPM
does the game "keep" setup changes per bike now or is it still the crappy slot method and default setup preloaded every race. Or is there a way to change the default setup?

Pepper606

100RPM
You can save as many set ups as you want for a bike, so I have wet, fast etc.
Only pain is renaming it if you change one.
But you do have to load a set up, so click change then apply. Easier than before.

Pepper606

100RPM
Nothing on the AI or the impossible time trials.
To get the new CBR600F, you have to get another bike from another volume (CBR600RR 2004?), to get that you need a 3rd/4th bike from yet ANOTHER volume (tried both you can buy). The time trial at Garda is impossible....you need the fastest of the 3 bikes you can use? Welcome to ANOTHER volume to get the Blackbird!

Sooooooo, I've 'suspended interest' for the moment. Especially as this is our 'Xmas Present'. :(

Top Bottom