HKS PS3 Controller settings.

Wondering if anyone is using the PS3 HKS controller and what ingame or 3rd party software settings you're using.
I am using the MotionJoy software.
My controller is set to Xinput-Default, Xbox 360 Controller Emulator, for compatibility purposes.
I am fully able to play the game, everything is set to what I want and is 100% playable.
My main reason for asking this is that with the HKS controller, the X (gas) and the ◻ (brake) are physically simulated with a gas and brake pedal on the controller. While in game, using the gas and brake pedal works and is usable, but 1% throttle on the button is 100% throttle in game. The same with the brake.
Is there any way to combat this and make the scaling on the controller equal the same in game? Like if I press the throttle on the controller 37%, it will translate to roughly 37% in game.
My apologize if this has been asked before, my first post.

Attachments

• mjhks.jpg
    mjhks.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 617
I you use X and Square, I don't think you will achieve the desired effect. I do know that the L2 and R2 have this possibility when used on PlayStation, just the same as LT and RT on the xbox controller. Try to map those buttons and see if that works.
I do not use such thing myself so I can't help you with configuring

Ricardo Umans, that's actually how I already have it set.
On the Xbox 360 settings, I have X mapped as right trigger, and ◻ mapped as left trigger.
I'm going to try several different things. One being I'm going to try to set my controller as a driving wheel in game. May not even work.

Ricardo Umans, that's actually how I already have it set.
On the Xbox 360 settings, I have X mapped as right trigger, and ◻ mapped as left trigger.
I'm going to try several different things. One being I'm going to try to set my controller as a driving wheel in game. May not even work.
I think you somewhat misunderstood me.
X and ◻ are buttons, which only have the state 'pressed' (100%) or 'not pressed' (0%). If you want to use 30% throttle you should not map the X and ◻ to the left and right triggers, but map L2 to Left Trigger and R2 to Right Trigger, those buttons do have a pedal-like input that inputs 30% if you press it 30% ;)

I think you somewhat misunderstood me.
X and ◻ are buttons, which only have the state 'pressed' (100%) or 'not pressed' (0%). If you want to use 30% throttle you should not map the X and ◻ to the left and right triggers, but map L2 to Left Trigger and R2 to Right Trigger, those buttons do have a pedal-like input that inputs 30% if you press it 30% ;)

I understand what you're saying, and what you're saying would work on a normal PS3 controller, but becuase I have a gradual pedal as X and ◻ that can function just like R2 and L2 do, I was wanting to use X and ◻ in place of R2 and L2 and not use either R2 or L2. On a normal controller, X and ◻ if pressed in would be either 0% or 100%, but on the HKS controller they function the same as R2 and L2.
I was actually able to get it to function exactly how I want. On the HKS controller there is a Macro button, and I set X to function as R2 and ◻ to function as L2, but R2 and L2 still function normally. I also set R1 to A(Xbox360) and L1 to X(Xbox360) for upshift and downshift.
If this is asked in the future, hopefully this will help.
My whole reason for wanting to use X and ◻ as gas and brake is that it feels very unnatural for me to use R2 and L2 as gas and brake. I would rather use my thumb than finger tips for gas and brake.

I understand what you're saying, and what you're saying would work on a normal PS3 controller, but becuase I have a gradual pedal as X and ◻ that can function just like R2 and L2 do, I was wanting to use X and ◻ in place of R2 and L2 and not use either R2 or L2. On a normal controller, X and ◻ if pressed in would be either 0% or 100%, but on the HKS controller they function the same as R2 and L2.
I was actually able to get it to function exactly how I want. On the HKS controller there is a Macro button, and I set X to function as R2 and ◻ to function as L2, but R2 and L2 still function normally. I also set R1 to A(Xbox360) and L1 to X(Xbox360) for upshift and downshift.
If this is asked in the future, hopefully this will help.
My whole reason for wanting to use X and ◻ as gas and brake is that it feels very unnatural for me to use R2 and L2 as gas and brake. I would rather use my thumb than finger tips for gas and brake.
Ahh alright then I misunderstood you ;) I didn't know about HKS controllers.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.9%