rFactor Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
386026rFactorHistoricXflyer.jpg

Please Note this is for rFactor 1

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HistorX
Ip 5.198.127.19:34297
Class /Cars: Lotus Elite '61 Vs Fiat Abarth 1000TC '65
Track: Watkins glen Nascar layout ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (13 laps)

Note 1: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 2: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Lotus / Race2 = Abarth Even number vice versa.
Note 2: 10 minute Superpole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an inlap )
but please use escape on the 3rd lap do not drive it

Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson - lotus / Abarth
  2. Yves Larose - Abarth/ lotus
  3. Matej Lakota - Lotus / Abarth
  4. Jarek Kostowski - Abarth/ lotus
  5. Andrew Jarnell - Lotus / Abarth
  6. Jack Smith - Abarth/ lotus
  7. Tristan Clark - Lotus / Abarth
  8. Hans Sneep - Abarth/ lotus
  9. Steven Walker - Lotus / Abarth
  10. Mike Bishop - Abarth/ lotus
  11. Allan Ramsbottom - Lotus / Abarth
  12. Mick Martin - Abarth/ lotus
  13. Jacob Boonstra - Lotus / Abarth
  14. Krzysztof Babi - Abarth/ lotus
  15. Tim Ling - Lotus / Abarth
  16. Stig Bidstrup - Abarth/ lotus
  17. Roland Warmenhoven - Abarth/ lotus
  18. Hiroshi Awazu - Abarth/ lotus
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

For info on HistorX 1.96 click me

Last edited:
Wow, this is the first time I've ever felt like someone complaining about not being as fast as the aliens. Sorry then.
The main point of my post was to support Tim's comment and give others an idea what it feels like to see alien's posting times in the pre-race forums, and why we stopped it in GTL.
This is a new Sim, and likely a new community, so it might be nice to continue what worked before.
I would have thought I'd demonstrated over many years that I'm no alien, never considered myself one, and have never been bothered by where I finish. ;)

I'll admit to be a tad frustrated by my unsuccessful efforts at getting the FFB to feel more realistic, I'd prefer to spend my time driving these cars than continually fiddling with FFB settings.
Out of interest Jarek, I'm 64 years old and have driven lots of these older cars in my time, and one of my current cars is a 1970 Mk2 Mini Cooper S (my avatar), so I'd like to think I have some idea how the steering of these cars feels. Yes, many had heaps of steering lock, but they didn't have a big centre deadzone.
Actually, the default GTL FFB was a bit the same, but I was able to dial it out, and I shared it freely with the RD Community (I suspect about 70% of all of our GTL Club guys use it).

I understand your liking for the HistorX physics, I also love it, the weight transfer and softer suspension in the bigger cars feels realistic. :thumbsup:

Sorry for sounding like a whinger, guess my point was missed. :redface:

Last edited:
Nothing wrong in having a healthy discussion, you just made it sound for a minute as if practice was a bad thing ;).
Yeah it wasn't that hard to figure out that you're not new to youngtimers with that mini in your avatar. My father is your age and i envy your generation for being young when gas was cheap, speedcameras nonexistent and cars light & mostly rwd. Also, being active in the RBR forum, i figured you must be familiar to the concept of practice :D.
As i said, sadly i have close to zero experience of driving those cars fast, but that doesn't necessarily say much as the feel of a sim seems to be a very subjective thing. I've driven LOTS of 1 series BMW's the last 2 years, am amazed at how Kunos nailed the 1M in Assetto Corsa but only today i've read from someone with his BMW in his avatar that the car is completely off. We both should know how they feel, yet came to contradicting conclusions about the car in AC.
I guess what i'm trying to say is: Apology accepted but it wasn't needed as far as i am concerned :). And your (& Tims) point wasn't missed, that's why i apologized before you even posted.
Hope you'll find the FFB settings you like and join us on track!

Edit: Oh, and in now way is it right to talk about Aliens & me in the same sentence, as much as i'd want it to be true. I bet i'd be not 3 but 30 seconds behind if i joined one of those RBR events.

Hope you'll find the FFB settings you like and join us on track!

I should be joining you guys soon, even if I can't resolve my FFB frustrations. ;) It just impacts my enjoyment of driving these great historic cars.

Edit: Oh, and in now way is it right to talk about Aliens & me in the same sentence, as much as i'd want it to be true. I bet i'd be not 3 but 30 seconds behind if i joined one of those RBR events.
You'd probably love RBR, the physics and FFB in that Sim are incredible, but it can be a hugely frustrating Sim when learning it. It's all about car control and less about outright speed. There are some amazing aliens in RBR too. :notworthy:

Why don't you join some of the current GTL events, get to know more of us during the transition? :)

EDIT: I've got Race 07, RBR, AC, GTR2, FTruck, and find the FFB good in these (with a bit of adjustment).
Only rF1 (Real Feel mod), and RRE have given me this weird deadzone FFB issue, which I haven't been able to easily resolve.

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite, i don't have GTL installed, only bought it for HistoriX and P&G and since it's a CD version it has starforce on board, but i never liked the physics anyway.
I do love RBR (although i suck at it) and installed it again this tuesday after hanging around in the RBR section on RD, even using your suggested wheel settings but no matter what i do in the profiler i can't get rid of the awful rattling on my G27.
Bought it recently to replace my G25 but after a long RBR session on tuesday i think something got slightly loose as now it rattles louder in the GSC2013 karts and Ftruck pitlane :O_o:. But that's a story for the RBR forums i guess.

Edit: It may have nothing to do with RBR though, since i mounted a Momo 11 on the day i installed RBR.

Last edited:
Have @Warren Dawes and @Krzysztof Babij tried playing with the steering sensitivity in game. Rupe pointed out to me that if you increase the sensitivity (it's a missnoma and should be called linearity or something), you get much more responsive steering. Just a thought, hope it helps. :thumbsup:
Thanks Denis, worth a try.
Denis or Rupe, can you just confirm which setting you are referring to:
The Speed Sensitivity (under Controls/Rates), I have 0%
or
The Axis Sensitivity for X Axis (under Controls/Controller 1), I have 50% )

Warren I to use a G27 but do not have the deadzone you mentioned, in fact I'm chuffed with what I have. I did a clean install and followed their instructions to the letter.:unsure:

Yeah thanks Mike, I'm starting to think I stuffed up the Controller.ini file somehow, or maybe I edited the wrong one (there seems to be a few of them :confused: ). I'm going to double check them and maybe even look at re-installing.
I can't believe anyone would be happy with what my wheel is doing, so something has to be wrong.

Yeah thanks Mike, I'm starting to think I stuffed up the Controller.ini file somehow, or maybe I edited the wrong one (there seems to be a few of them :confused: ). I'm going to double check them and maybe even look at re-installing.
I can't believe anyone would be happy with what my wheel is doing, so something has to be wrong.
I'll send you my controller.ini via pm in a minute.

Profiler settings:

101%
10%
10%

Center spring activated but at 0%

Last edited:
Well, seems like I have to hide my head in shame, just tried out Jarek's Controller.ini FFB settings and the steering deadzone is gone. It now feels quite good, and I can even control the car now (well, at least the Elite anyway).
Clearly I did something dumb when copying the FFB settings from the original G27.ini file (with the game), cause even my previous ini file was nothing like the G27 one supplied. :redface::redface::redface::redface:

Huge thanks to Jarek for getting me on the right track, and thanks also to Yves and others for trying to help also. Fingers crossed that all of the other cars are now ok too, can't see any reason why not. ;)

So it's now official, I'm too old and senile for this stuff now. :rolleyes:

I'm glad you have it working Warren,
I do look to the long time members of GTL still for guidance and feedback you know that from all our pm's. and would fell absolutely terrible if i left guys behind.
i may run the Show with Steven, but to me its a team effort i wear a red jacket, but that is nothing without the great group of classic car sim racing enthusiast behind me.

Im only as good as the guys behind me. every thing ive learnt has been passed down to me by you guys, and its this that is so vital in a successful club the fact the guys share info and all help each other. Stuart Thomson and Knut Omdal Tveito brought GTL back from the death
and made me or showed me what a club could achieve, and i try to keep up what they have taught and showed me.

We have a great set of guys here in gtl every week we drive for fun and the enjoyment of being with mates online. yes we have lost a few guys over the years and new guys come and go,
sometimes not giving it long enough to realise what we have in our club,
these older sims are looking old now but that's not it, its the group we race with that's what makes it shine. RBR is a great example, but when you think about it there is no other game that can reproduce what RBR can, this is the same with GTL until now, we have had PnG3 (still a lovely game in my eyes) but it has it flaws at times but it is better than ever.

now we have HistorX running and what is probably the most stable platform ever for sim racing and with all the options we have with the server using custom made server mods to run the races im hoping we can expand on gtl and keep the love of
classic car racing going.
I know we could of kept with gtl but we were not advancing, we were just living,

I want more and want to push the
boundaries and i think with this sim we can do it.

I will be the first to admit it drives different to GTL but to me its more in line with the modern sims that are
coming out.
For me the feeling through the wheel is so important as this tells you what the car is doing.
never mind a set up if you cant feel the car no set up is going to help you.

HistorX feels so alive in my hands when i drive it. catching a slide and driving through the slide
knowing what the car does under braking you can feel the weight transfer and when the rear wheels hook up. for me it can put allot of the newer sims to shame with it feel..

I hope all you GTL guys will come along for the ride with me..
maybe we even get some of the guys that we lost along the way to return, a new adventure, a new beginning but still driving these lovely cars form yesteryear......

Well, seems like I have to hide my head in shame, just tried out Jarek's Controller.ini FFB settings and the steering deadzone is gone. It now feels quite good, and I can even control the car now (well, at least the Elite anyway).
Clearly I did something dumb when copying the FFB settings from the original G27.ini file (with the game), cause even my previous ini file was nothing like the G27 one supplied. :redface::redface::redface::redface:

Huge thanks to Jarek for getting me on the right track, and thanks also to Yves and others for trying to help also. Fingers crossed that all of the other cars are now ok too, can't see any reason why not. ;)

So it's now official, I'm too old and senile for this stuff now. :rolleyes:

No problem, glad you got it fixed :thumbsup:.

Here's the link if anyone else should have FFB trouble:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/p34x58

It's really easy to do something wrong or just overlook a setting when first installing HistorX, but it's worth the hassle to set it up exactly as intended by the guys behind it.
Niels Heusinkveld was involved in the physics creating process if i'm not mistaken.

Can't wait 'til tomorrow, this will be hot!

btw, when i first installed HistorX i copied the FFB text directly from the manual.pdf which messed up the format and was also wondering why it doesn't look at all like it should :D.

Last edited:
Denis or Rupe, can you just confirm which setting you are referring to:
The Speed Sensitivity (under Controls/Rates), I have 0%
or
The Axis Sensitivity for X Axis (under Controls/Controller 1), I have 50% )

Hi Warren, glad you got it sorted. I use the same settings as you for cars that turn in well but Rupe showed me that, for cars with slower steering response (eg some of the American V8s), it helps to increase the X Axis sensitivity to 60% - 70%. Worth trying if you're struggling to turn in with a particular car. I think this works in GTL too.

D\Games\HistorX\rFactor\HistoricGT_misc
if you look in there you will find the g25 FFB
G25_FF_Controller
also there is the 4 gig patch to allow the game to use more than 2
rF_Patch_For_Win7_x64_systems
and the manual
And the real feel plugin if you loose or overwrite the one
that's placed in rfactor when you install the sim
if you install another mod that uses real feel it can overwrite the real feel so this is there when you want to use historX again just drop it in and fire up the game and switch it over to historX..
allot of mods have there own real feel, this is why they did recommend you don't install any other mods

Going to withdraw as I need to do some testing for upcoming GSC club events. But GSC doesn't at the moment run events every night and I'm hoping I'll be able to join you guys regularly. Have a great race!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%