rFactor Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
386026rFactorHistoricXflyer.jpg

Please Note this is for rFactor 1

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HistorX
Ip 5.198.127.19:34297
Class /Cars: Lotus Elite '61 Vs Fiat Abarth 1000TC '65
Track: Watkins glen Nascar layout ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (13 laps)

Note 1: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 2: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Lotus / Race2 = Abarth Even number vice versa.
Note 2: 10 minute Superpole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an inlap )
but please use escape on the 3rd lap do not drive it

Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson - lotus / Abarth
  2. Yves Larose - Abarth/ lotus
  3. Matej Lakota - Lotus / Abarth
  4. Jarek Kostowski - Abarth/ lotus
  5. Andrew Jarnell - Lotus / Abarth
  6. Jack Smith - Abarth/ lotus
  7. Tristan Clark - Lotus / Abarth
  8. Hans Sneep - Abarth/ lotus
  9. Steven Walker - Lotus / Abarth
  10. Mike Bishop - Abarth/ lotus
  11. Allan Ramsbottom - Lotus / Abarth
  12. Mick Martin - Abarth/ lotus
  13. Jacob Boonstra - Lotus / Abarth
  14. Krzysztof Babi - Abarth/ lotus
  15. Tim Ling - Lotus / Abarth
  16. Stig Bidstrup - Abarth/ lotus
  17. Roland Warmenhoven - Abarth/ lotus
  18. Hiroshi Awazu - Abarth/ lotus
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

For info on HistorX 1.96 click me

Last edited:
Well Mr Walker tried his best to get me around this track in this slippy car, but I failed him miserably :cry: lasted about 5 laps.
See I'm not much of a slider of cars nor much of a sim-racer either come to think of it:O_o:

Will have to do more revision on this mod, so see you again some time soon :thumbsup:

It took a while to learn the track, but it was worth it. I'm usually not a fan of tracks with no elevation change, but Eelde is fun. I didn't have much fun with the cars however. In R1 I managed to tag @Rupe Wilson coming out of T1 :(, sorry Rupe, then blew the car up after many spins etc. late in the race.
R2 was a little better, but I had a bbq in my car again early in the race :cautious:

The car is great fun here and much grippier than the 904 but it's also fast as hell once you get it right and clipping curbs (kerbs? i will never learn which is correct) too much can quickly mean a spontaneous picknick in the green.
Do not lift throttle too much on the fast righthander or if you must give it at least a few stabs of throttle to stabilize it.
Rupes set is good stuff, especially the last minute changes gave me even more confidence !
(You were not "kind of" but properly keeping up, remember i had 20l less fuel. That last good lap was an exception, to say it with Steves words: Everything fell into place, i felt already while driving that one has to be good. :))

Contrary to the muscles last week you have to keep it in line while still getting as much power down as possible.
Looking forward to this.

See I'm not much of a slider of cars nor much of a sim-racer either come to think of it:O_o:
I know what you're feeling, I guess. I am one of the slowest sim-racers around this community. I make no progression anymore . So it is difficult to keep on trying and to stay motivated and see the fun-part of it.
But let's go on, Paul. One day we'll be on pole-position. :thumbsup:

I found lifting the throttle of slowly when entering the places where this happens and be smooth on the power delivery, only giving full gas when your wheels are straight and the car is balanced.
In other words don't mash the pedals or jump off them, plan ahead at all times.
Remember fast guys always seem to be fast in ant car, drive at your pace and set your self up for the corner well in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%