HistorX installation question

Zzyzx

Warren Williams
Hi,
I've read through the manual but I'm still a little unclear about installation. Do I need TWO installations of rFactor?

It sounds like I need one for the HistorX mod (I'll use rFactor Lite for this) and another FULL rFactor installation so HistorX can read the cars/tracks from that. Is that correct?

I'd initially thought I could just install rFactor Lite then install the mod over that and it would work. I had assumed all cars and tracks came with the HistorX download.

I've never installed rFactor before btw.

Any help appreciated,
:geek:

@Zzyzx
Hi,
You just need the one install of rF Lite to get HistorX running. The rF Lite has a Locations folder so any tracks you download will get installed there and the HistorX mod will just read from that folder.

When and if you decide to do multiple installations of rF to run other mods let us know here and either myself or someone else will give you instructions on how do multiple installs of rF and how to use one Locations folder for multiple installs of rF.

I myself am running eight different installs of rF and using just one Locations folder rather than having eight separate folders. It saves a lot on disk space :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@Zzyzx
Hi,
You just need the one install of rF Lite to get HistorX running. The rF Lite has a Locations folder so any tracks you download will get installed there and the HistorX mod will just read from that folder.

When and if you decide to do multiple installations of rF to run other mods let us know here and either myself or someone else will give you instructions on how do multiple installs of rF and how to use one Locations folder for multiple installs of rF.

I myself am running eight different installs of rF and using just one Locations folder rather than having eight separate folders. It saves a lot on disk space :thumbsup:

OK I assume from that then that all cars and tracks are included in the 1.96 download? I don't have to download them from the rFactor web site or anything?

Thanks,

OK I've just hit another snag. I have a steam copy of GTL installed in a different HD to where steam is. (All my games are on a separate HD because my system is an SSD and I don't want to use up valuable space). Apparantly GTL needs to be on the same HD as the steam client for the installer to work. I've logged onto steam to see if I can install a second copy of GTL on my C drive but it won't let you do that.

On the HistorX forums it says there is a workaround for this. Does anyone know what it is? I ask here because the HistorX forum is really slow and hardly anyone goes there.

Thanks,

Hi Zzyzx,

Maybe try making a copy of your whole GT Legends folder (in order to retain any profile, car setup, etc) and remove the original install through Steam. Then temporarily re-install it to your C: drive in order to install the mod. Once HistorX is installed you can delete the temporary GTL install and re-instate the copy that you originally made. You don't actually need to run GT Legends through Steam anyway.

It may seem like a long winded way of doing it but it should work, although I haven't tried it myself. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

Thanks Steve.
No I just uninstalled GTL through steam after making a copy of my PLR and career files and reinstalled it on C:

Long winded but it did the job.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years