rFactor Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
386026rFactorHistoricXflyer.jpg

Please Note this is for rFactor 1

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HistorX
Ip 5.198.127.19:34297
Class /Cars: Lotus Elite '61 Vs Fiat Abarth 1000TC '65
Track: Watkins glen Nascar layout ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (13 laps)

Note 1: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 2: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Lotus / Race2 = Abarth Even number vice versa.
Note 2: 10 minute Superpole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an inlap )
but please use escape on the 3rd lap do not drive it

Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson - lotus / Abarth
  2. Yves Larose - Abarth/ lotus
  3. Matej Lakota - Lotus / Abarth
  4. Jarek Kostowski - Abarth/ lotus
  5. Andrew Jarnell - Lotus / Abarth
  6. Jack Smith - Abarth/ lotus
  7. Tristan Clark - Lotus / Abarth
  8. Hans Sneep - Abarth/ lotus
  9. Steven Walker - Lotus / Abarth
  10. Mike Bishop - Abarth/ lotus
  11. Allan Ramsbottom - Lotus / Abarth
  12. Mick Martin - Abarth/ lotus
  13. Jacob Boonstra - Lotus / Abarth
  14. Krzysztof Babi - Abarth/ lotus
  15. Tim Ling - Lotus / Abarth
  16. Stig Bidstrup - Abarth/ lotus
  17. Roland Warmenhoven - Abarth/ lotus
  18. Hiroshi Awazu - Abarth/ lotus
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

For info on HistorX 1.96 click me

Last edited:
It's a challenging combo for sure but oh so entertaining as well!

Enjoyed every minute of both races, until i've overdone it in R2 that is.
Pure genius from my part: Warning everybody to not go full throttle over the little crest, then doing it myself and blowing up the engine :redface:. The one or the other early downshift while trying to catch up to Yves didn't make things better i guess.

In R1 (BMW CSL) i stalled at the grid and needed what felt like eternity to get going again but then i had an awesome chase through the field which ended in a great battle for the lead with Sven.
In R2 (911 2.4) Yves & me had a bit of unvoluntary contact which resulted in me spinning into the grass, Yves waited for me to get going again and we began to push through traffic.
When Yves passed me though i started to overdrive the car as mentioned before and after thinking for 2 laps "my engine will blow if i keep driving like that", it did, 3 laps before the end.

Fun night, thanks everyone!

@Sven-Arne Andersson you have to disregard the shiftlights in all cars (if available), just check the vehicle specs:

Porsche 911 2.4
Power: 151kw @ 8900rpm

This means the engine already starts to take (a small amount of) damage at about 9000rpm. Now in most cars you can shift a few rpm's higher but it's a risky business, since it's easier to (accidentally) overrev even more in the heat of the battle.

Last edited:
As some of you may be aware, for the last 1 1/2 - 2 months I have been giving the Grinding Tranny mad a jolly good thrashing ( and a fair crack of the whip) and out of all the races I've participated in I have finished about 3 or 4:cry:. Tonight was one of those moments when you think to yourself... "Screw it!" I've tried to make it work for me but there is a glaring inconsistency between sessions. During Practice and Qualifying it seems that you can be as sloppy as you like with the gear shifts and literally run the engine into the ground or scream the knackers off of it and it will keep going. When you come to the Race session though it's a different matter. The slightest mis-shift and the engine wants to just lay down and die. Now this isn't the case with all the cars but most of them are like this and it's not right that they are bullet proof in one session but not in another. There is NO consistency so I recommend that no-one use it. It's more trouble than it's worth.

On a slightly different note, after the "Screw this!" episode in race 1 I disabled the mod for race 2 and had high hopes of actually getting to the finish line which I managed to do, in 3rd place no less. Unfortunately half way through the race I was struck down by a bad case of the Lags and possibly/probably caused some to leave the track unexpectedly. I sincerely apologise to all those that were so affected and state that it was most definitely unintentional, as the following video will hopefully show......

What it doesn't show is the cars flickering between visible and invisible so I truly had no idea where anyone was or where they would be when they reappeared. Driving around with this going on in front was very disconcerting to say the least. :O_o: So, now that I have ditched the awful Minding Granny mod I should be more competetive and be in a better mood at the end of races so see you all next time guys.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Glad you made this choice, you were being missed in the battles :). I didn't notice any inconsistency but it's just too hard to focus on track action and not missing shifts at the same time.
Also it's not more realistic if the cars really had syncromesh gearboxes.
There was no lag at all for me yesterday, not even you were lagging on my screen.

I bought myself a very fast 27' screen and received it yesterday 20 minutes before joining the lobby, gotta say the difference (to a 23' 60hz) is even bigger than expected, love it. Can't even imagine how immersive it's got to be with 3 of those babies.

Racing was great once again, thanks to the guys that showed up.
Grats to Denis for keeping cool and bringing it home in R1.
With all the GT3 & F1 hype going on in simracing (no joy at all for me personnally) i am very thankful for having someone to race the niche-sims that i like with.
I find it hard to understand that the vast majority of people want more & more GT3 cars in AC for example, while in my opinion the E30 or F40 are the cars that are really fun, same goes for HGTTC vs GT3 mods.
To each their own i guess, i'm just happy we have this now.

@Rupe Wilson
I feel i owe you a drink for what you do here and with Formula Truck, if you ever come to Berlin the scotch is on me, take my word for it :).

Bring on the next race, this is getting addicting.

Edit: @Steven Walker after watching the replay i have to correct myself, you did lag a bit, i just didn't notice in race.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline