rFactor Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
386026rFactorHistoricXflyer.jpg

Please Note this is for rFactor 1

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HistorX
Ip 5.198.127.19:34297
Class /Cars: Lotus Elite '61 Vs Fiat Abarth 1000TC '65
Track: Watkins glen Nascar layout ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (13 laps)

Note 1: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 2: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Lotus / Race2 = Abarth Even number vice versa.
Note 2: 10 minute Superpole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an inlap )
but please use escape on the 3rd lap do not drive it

Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson - lotus / Abarth
  2. Yves Larose - Abarth/ lotus
  3. Matej Lakota - Lotus / Abarth
  4. Jarek Kostowski - Abarth/ lotus
  5. Andrew Jarnell - Lotus / Abarth
  6. Jack Smith - Abarth/ lotus
  7. Tristan Clark - Lotus / Abarth
  8. Hans Sneep - Abarth/ lotus
  9. Steven Walker - Lotus / Abarth
  10. Mike Bishop - Abarth/ lotus
  11. Allan Ramsbottom - Lotus / Abarth
  12. Mick Martin - Abarth/ lotus
  13. Jacob Boonstra - Lotus / Abarth
  14. Krzysztof Babi - Abarth/ lotus
  15. Tim Ling - Lotus / Abarth
  16. Stig Bidstrup - Abarth/ lotus
  17. Roland Warmenhoven - Abarth/ lotus
  18. Hiroshi Awazu - Abarth/ lotus
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

For info on HistorX 1.96 click me

Last edited:
20 mins 2nd practice race 2

Sorry for the tap in race 1 @Sven-Arne Andersson you were lagging quite bad..
you suddenly appeared again right in front of me in the breaking zone.:(

That can not be your fault if I was lagging that bad. I am really sorry for that. I do not know why but after the races I saw that some sort of upgrade had been downloaded so hopefully that was the case so this don´t happens again. I think I have stopped all downloads so they don´t do it without me saying it is ok now. Steve also informed me before race 2 about this and I think it was ok in race 2.

Aw nuts... got a disco as we rolled over to start R2. I was on pole too (thanks to the usual gentlemanly conduct of the quicks). :cry::cry::cry:

Nope, no DQ's in race 2, you did that on your own :thumbsup:.

That can not be your fault if I was lagging that bad. I am really sorry for that. I do not know why but after the races I saw that some sort of upgrade had been downloaded so hopefully that was the case so this don´t happens again. I think I have stopped all downloads so they don´t do it without me saying it is ok now. Steve also informed me before race 2 about this and I think it was ok in race 2.

Since i knew i couldn't hold on to first forever in that monster i was looking back a lot, didn't see you lagging in race 2.

Fun races, frankly i'm a bit proud of myself to have finished the race in the Cobra without spinning or crashing :D.

Got confused at start...not sure where I was on the track and the first corner came out of no where...braked hard but bumped a fell Canadian.....sorry Yves. Finished race 2 but not race 1 due to hard braking in the effort to avoid a spinning driver. I missed the driver but ended up at a ninety to a wall. Not much damage caused by the collision but I destroyed the engine trying to reverse out....all this after 3/4 of first lap.....ugh. Race 2 was developing nicely after a stalled start, before a couple laps were up I had already improved my best time for all day. ....hounding Tim nicely and got a little out of line at one point and slowly left track and settled in the sand .... not far from the grass. I was able to eventually get out but caused engine damage which haunted me the rest of the race. Man, I messed up a good chase to battle with Tim. Not sure what would follow the yellow engine colour so I babied the car for the rest of the race and finished in 7th.

Thanks for the event Rupe. Wd done podiums ... to Steve...I hope the podium didn't get caught in your throat ..heard a lot of coughing. Cheers to all drivers and podiums.

Last nights race was massive fun for me with a win in race 1 and a 3rd place finish in race 2.
I honestly wanted to DQ myself for race 1 because I was quite quick in the Firebird but the timer ran out whilst still on track so that put paid to that idea. I decided to make a race of it anyway and see how long it would take before the other quick drivers caught me but I was surprised to see the gap opening quite quickly. This was a good thing as it turned out because the first half of the race I was making ridiculous mistakes and throwing handfuls of time away allowing The Stig (I think) to catch me and seeing him in my mirror made me really focus on what I was doing. It did the trick and I opened up another gap but I was still making small mistakes which kept Stig within a couple of seconds of me ready to take advantage of any trip to the grass verge or spin that I might have had. Luckily my focus held out and claimed my first win in months and months.:D

Race 2 was a different matter and I rectified my first mistake by starting from the back in the Javelin. The start was slow as the drivers in front bogged down and got a little mixed up in the first corner but I was able to open the car up along the first straight making up a few places along the way. I passed Paul on the outside of turn 3 as I knew he was going to brake early for this bend and set off after Hans across the top of the mountain but as we approached the corkscrew at turn 9 he went in a little hot and slid wide into the barrier at turn 10. Whilst watching this happen I also saw there was an accident at turn 11 with a car nose in to the wall on the apex and people having to make their way around very slowly.
With Hans in the wall on my right and people having cleared the accident I headed for the gap but Hans had the same idea so we had a little scrape.:rolleyes: It would have been easier if the spun car hadn't tried to reverse at the exact same moment instead of waiting for a suitable gap.:thumbsdown:
Once past that and on Conrod Straight I overtook Hans and set off after the next driver which I think was Tim, although it could have been Yves but not entirely sure without checking replay. If it was Tim then I made the pass down Conrod again with him aiding the pass with a slight lift of throttle when it was safe to do so. Nice one Tim.:thumbsup: If it was Yves then I made the pass by getting alongside him on the approach to turn 2 and surprisingly holding it all together around the outside of the bend.:cool::roflmao:
All this had happened by half race distance and I found myself in 4th place and on the tailpipe of Stig trying to find a way past but I made a mistake going through the last bend and almost spun out. I managed to close most of the gap again but not enough to challenge for 3rd when on the last lap and 3 turns before the end Stig went wide and onto the grass gifting me that 3rd place finish I was trying so hard for. Thanks dude.:thumbsup::whistling:

All in all a great nights racing and a very decent turnout. Commiserations to Denis who made Pole position in Race 2 but got a disco.:cry: Many thanks to all who showed and many congratulations to all those that finished the races without blowing up.:thumbsup::sneaky::D

Last edited:
TEASER video for this EVENT..
Your videos are fun to watch Stig, you gotta do them more often :thumbsup:.
All those overlays would totally distract me while racing though, i'm driving with only the little LCD in the lower right corner and enjoy a clean cockpit with the in-car gauges.

Looking forward to tomorrow, AC multiplayer is alright but so far has nothing on our little club in my opinion :D.

Edit: Just watched it a second time, with sound this time :D:D, brilliant!!!

Last edited:
@Rupe Wilson yeah, I know I wasnt there last time in the GTL Racing Club when I said I will be there (couple of months ago, maybe?)... But the calling of you guys never stopped in my head ... I think I cant resist anymore, at least for this one race :) This time I will be there.. Sign me up, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 307 27.6%