rFactor Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
386026rFactorHistoricXflyer.jpg

Please Note this is for rFactor 1

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HistorX
Ip 5.198.127.19:34297
Class /Cars: Lotus Elite '61 Vs Fiat Abarth 1000TC '65
Track: Watkins glen Nascar layout ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (13 laps)

Note 1: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 2: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Lotus / Race2 = Abarth Even number vice versa.
Note 2: 10 minute Superpole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an inlap )
but please use escape on the 3rd lap do not drive it

Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson - lotus / Abarth
  2. Yves Larose - Abarth/ lotus
  3. Matej Lakota - Lotus / Abarth
  4. Jarek Kostowski - Abarth/ lotus
  5. Andrew Jarnell - Lotus / Abarth
  6. Jack Smith - Abarth/ lotus
  7. Tristan Clark - Lotus / Abarth
  8. Hans Sneep - Abarth/ lotus
  9. Steven Walker - Lotus / Abarth
  10. Mike Bishop - Abarth/ lotus
  11. Allan Ramsbottom - Lotus / Abarth
  12. Mick Martin - Abarth/ lotus
  13. Jacob Boonstra - Lotus / Abarth
  14. Krzysztof Babi - Abarth/ lotus
  15. Tim Ling - Lotus / Abarth
  16. Stig Bidstrup - Abarth/ lotus
  17. Roland Warmenhoven - Abarth/ lotus
  18. Hiroshi Awazu - Abarth/ lotus
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

For info on HistorX 1.96 click me

Last edited:
another fun event :)

first race i qualified third behind @Rupe Wilson and @Allan Ramsbottom , had a good start and was P2 at T1 behind Rupe and we started battling for P1 which i got at the last chicane at the end of lap 2. i pulled a little gap of about a second and was able to maintain it, starting lap 6 i missed my downshift for T1 and blew up the engine :redface: i must say that i was having problem with the 6 speed gearbox and missing my downshift very often during praccy. was fun while it lasted.

second race i qualified second behind @Tim Ling only because Rupe and @Jarek Kostowski didn't qualified in the might fast Gordini. had a good start but Allan in the Corsa had me and Tim beat to T1 but he messed up in the down hill section gifting me the lead. i knew that Rupe and Jarek would catch up so i was pushing like crazy to pull the biggest gap i could to make it harder for them to catch me. on lap 4 Jarek and Rupe were already in second and third place and i was still pushing like crazy but the gap was getting shorter and shorter, starting lap 5 i braked a little too late for T1 and spun, i rejoin in 4th place behind Tim so start pushing again to catch him and starting lap 7 i was right behind Tim and managed to pass him half way throught the lap. from there it was just to not make any mistake as i couldn,t do anything about Rupe and Jarek infront they were simply gone :roflmao:

thanks Rupe and RD for the event and well done everybody who was there :thumbsup:

R1 in the Simca. Had a great start, went from 8th to 5th by T1, then it was shaping up to be a nice battle with @Jarek Kostowski in the wind-up mini. Unfortunately I got wiped out coming through Coppice and blew the engine trying to escape the gravel.

R2 in the Mini 970. Somehow grabbed pole from @Yves Larose with a PB time, but fluffed the start. Battled round, but found my fuel was too low? 16L should have been more than enough, but hey, what do I know. :poop: Went for a splash'n'dash, which turned into a full service with valet, and trundled home last, but with a very clean car :thumbsup:

Here you go Tim in your PLR file
under
[ Game Options ]
Relative Fuel Strategy="0" // Show how much fuel to ADD, rather than how much TOTAL fuel to fill the tank up to
Smart Pitcrew="0" // Pitcrew does things even if you mistakenly forgot to ask (one example is changing a damaged tire) Change from 1 to 0
Automatic Pit Menu="4" // brings up pit menu automatically: 0=disabled, 1=upon pit ENTRY, change cockpit menu but do not bring up HUD, 2=pit ENTRY->cockpit & HUD, 3=pit REQUEST->cockpit menu only, 4=pit REQUEST->cockpit & HUD
Miscellaneous="0"

Now you have to instruct the pit guys to do what you want

I wasn't expecting to make it to this event but I arrived home earlier than expected, happy days. I had used up my quickest cars so I drove the clockwork Mini and the 1100 Gordini. The plan was to take it easy on the engine and do my best to finish with the Granny mod on.

I did ok I think, finishing 5th in R1 and (due to @Tim Ling 's rotten luck) 4th in R2. Had great fun fending off @Hiroshi Awazu in both races until he went out (hard lines buddy).

Grats to podiums and thanks to @Rupe Wilson and anyone who helped to organise this event.
See you all on track soon. :thumbsup:

Another happy customer here, both races were pure fun. In R1 i was in the back-marker Mini and was battling someone every lap, it's great fun trying to pressure the guys in faster cars because of the Minis better cornering.
As mentioned by @Tim Ling we've had some fun before his incident, later on i managed to make life harder for @Allan Ramsbottom, he was faster but i was able to put some pressure on in corners so he made the one or the other small mistake, which led to a (short) moment of glory for me until the next straight. I think he had to overtake me about 5 times until he finally got away :D.
R2, good start so i ran for my life to get some traffic between me and @Rupe Wilson because he was dangerously fast in practice. It went pretty well, i got into first pretty quickly, hoping the time cushion would be enough to hold me over until the end but Rupe was coming closer steadily. A small drift later he was sticking his nose up my gearbox, waited pretty long to make the pass but i already knew i wouldn't be able to keep up without any divine intervention. No miracle happened and for the last laps i was just trying to keep the gap from getting to big.

Great fun, grats to the winner(s), thanks to everyone involved!

I had a bit of a slow start, it was intentional, let the field spread out a bit before i started to push. there were plenty of laps so no need for a rush of blood in the wrong place.
i was quiet happy to sit on your rear putting pressure on you. :whistling:
i backed of near a corner and got good exit speed to catch back up over the nest 2 corners.
And when the opportunity presented itself i made a nice clean pass. then i just tried to be consistent. You were catching me again near the end but i think i had it covered..
it was great fun all the same. regardless of the position i finished.
it was good to actually race real close with no contact.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The position when race is finished is not that important, but all the fun in race comes from wanting to be in front of the next guy :).
Actually i didn't feel pressured very much because it almost felt as if you were playing with me, so i accepted the inevitable quickly and was just waiting for you to make your move. Having internally accepted that i won't be able to hold P1 made me less nervous in trying to hold it :cool:.
I thought i was closing the gap in the end because you played it safe.

No i was not playing with you, just waiting for a good opportunity to pass rather than trying to fit 2 into 1 in a corner when you was already committed to it.
At no point was i fully along side before you were turning in or i did not want to push my luck. I'm not the best in the brake zones so thought it better to wait.
most of the corners i was looking to pass i was also wanting to shift half way through. So one hand on the wheel trying to make a pass... :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back