rFactor Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
386026rFactorHistoricXflyer.jpg

Please Note this is for rFactor 1

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HistorX
Ip 5.198.127.19:34297
Class /Cars: Lotus Elite '61 Vs Fiat Abarth 1000TC '65
Track: Watkins glen Nascar layout ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (13 laps)

Note 1: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 2: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Lotus / Race2 = Abarth Even number vice versa.
Note 2: 10 minute Superpole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an inlap )
but please use escape on the 3rd lap do not drive it

Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson - lotus / Abarth
  2. Yves Larose - Abarth/ lotus
  3. Matej Lakota - Lotus / Abarth
  4. Jarek Kostowski - Abarth/ lotus
  5. Andrew Jarnell - Lotus / Abarth
  6. Jack Smith - Abarth/ lotus
  7. Tristan Clark - Lotus / Abarth
  8. Hans Sneep - Abarth/ lotus
  9. Steven Walker - Lotus / Abarth
  10. Mike Bishop - Abarth/ lotus
  11. Allan Ramsbottom - Lotus / Abarth
  12. Mick Martin - Abarth/ lotus
  13. Jacob Boonstra - Lotus / Abarth
  14. Krzysztof Babi - Abarth/ lotus
  15. Tim Ling - Lotus / Abarth
  16. Stig Bidstrup - Abarth/ lotus
  17. Roland Warmenhoven - Abarth/ lotus
  18. Hiroshi Awazu - Abarth/ lotus
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

For info on HistorX 1.96 click me

Last edited:
Hayfever is killing me tonight, i'll swallow a double dose of pills + a coffee ('cause they make sleepy) and hope it doesn't get worse.
If i should leave at some point tonight, this would be the reason.

Note 2: Cars available: Fiat Abarth 850, Mini Cooper S 1071, Mini Cooper S 970, Mini Cooper S 998, Renault 8 Gordini 1100, Renault 8 Gordini 1300, Simca Corsa SS, Simca Corsa
Note 3: Over the week you will need to drive a different car for each race.

I had a decent race today, well up until i ran out of fuel on the last lap :(:D

Darn XD had me start the race with only 22% engine health so i had to really keep an eye on my revs for the race. I hung pretty good with the pack at the start then i lost a bit of control which i managed to correct without taking anyone out but that put me back a bit.

Had a bit of fun following Rupe there for a bit then the rest of the race i spent most of my time chasing Dennis and was doing ok then i ran out of fuel just before the last two turns on the last lap.

Still had fun though :thumbsup:

After turning on the full grinding tranny, Its hard work and i miss a few gears,
hitting neutral with a H shifter is a big panic moment as i did in the first race several times.
it is getting better, and lots of fun.
yes im a bit slower, but i don't care, the immersion level is at a all time high, especially in 3D..
practice practice practice.
Full respect to all that use the full effects of the grinding tranny. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

made it through the first race.:)
but missed a gear big time with the gas flawed in race 2 and my engine went POP:(

roll on the next one.:):)

Another great evenings racing. After blowing my engine in both of Tuedays races (due to misshifts) I felt it was prudent to race without the Minding Granny mod last night. :redface: I will keep practicing though, and as soon as I feel I can finish more races than I blow engines I'll be back racing with the real men. ;) Ha ha, only joking, big respect to @Rupe Wilson and @Steven Walker though for racing with the mod activated. I agree with you guys that the imersion can be really rewarding and you don't have to win to enjoy the race.

I can't make the event on Sunday, so I chose what I felt would be my fastest cars for last nights races.

For R1 I was in a Mini and managed some respecable times in practice and qually. I got a bit swamped off the line though, and anyway, I couldn't get near the lap times of the quick guys under race conditions. I had a great race with @Hiroshi Awazu though (until he ran out of gas :() and ended up 5th.

I'd kept the 1300 Gordini back for R2 without realising that the only other person driving it would be @Paul Bennet who has been unable to join us for a while. It was Paul's first race in HistorX and I think he blew his engine - unlucky mate, stick with it, it's definately worth it. All of this meant that I was able to grab pole and romp off to a 5 second lead. Unfortunately, I had one of my (all too common) lapses of concentration. I span and ended up in the middle of the track facing the wrong way with the engine stalled. I hit escape (forgeting for a moment that you have to click the mouse on "return to garage").

All was not lost though, as I gained a front row seat on a 3 way battle for 3rd between @Franklin Stegink, @Stig Bidstrup and @Steven Walker. It was hilarious to watch Steve in a mini crawling all over Franklin, who had the grunt coming out of the corners, and Stig picking up the pieces of any mistakes. Well done Franklin for holding on.

Grats to podiums and thanks to all who raced. See you all next week. Can't wait. :thumbsup:

As Denis said my first race with this sim so a lot of catching up to do.
I do feel it's has a lot of potential to for some good racing :thumbsup:

Race 1 use the Mini was going okay till lap 10 then kaboom
Race 2 in the Gordini 1300 only lasted one lap

My engine health is faulty not showing the right % of health stuck at 100, so don't know when it's coming. So if any one out there has a solution I'm all ears :)

Nice video there Stig, we had a very good battle for a number of laps. I noticed that you were running low on fuel at about the same time as me but I think I had you beat on that score. Your reading showed 0.3 as you crossed the line... mine read 0.1! I so very nearly didn't make it.:roflmao: :thumbsup:
Unfortunately your video also shows how many times you cut the corners in pursuit of Franklin.:thumbsdown: I'm afraid that we frown on that here at RD. The rules state that you must keep 2 wheels on track at all times. Of course people can make mistakes and that is ok, but we ask that you give a quick lift of your throttle so as to acknowledge the cut and not gain an advantage from it.;) Apart from that you had a great race mate and look forward to the next one.:)

It s a nice little vid for sure,:thumbsup:
But it also shows that some of the overtaking opportunities you were going over the white lines with more than 2 wheels which is against the RD club rules.
All drivers please be aware of this when racing. No advantage is to be gained from driving with more that 2 wheels over the white lines, you need to have a quick lift of the throttle and fall back in behind the car, and not challenge for a corner when this happens,

Once the car in front is in the breaking zone for a corner and has started to urn in if you are not fully along side (that is you front wheels are along side his front wheels) you do not have the right to challenge for the corner unless the car in front runs wide at the apex then you can drive up along side.But if he is tight up to the white inside line you cant drive over the white line to make the pass.
Cars going into a corner side by side: each car must give the other car room, the car on the outside cant chop off the nose of the car on the inside and the car on the inside cant push the outside car wide and off track on the corner exit.

We call this a gentleman's racing club, but in fact this is how we should all drive in the club races across every sim races at Racedepartment.
Race hard and clean there should be no need for any contact when making a pass.
as a general rule in the club we use this as a example for Recommended Driver Behaviour and corner rights its a real good read Click me

gttca03-png.52371

Class /Cars: GTTC A0
Austin Healey sprite, Alpine A110 1100, Fiat Abarth 850, Mini Cooper S 1071, Mini Cooper S 970, Mini Cooper S 998, Renault 8 Gordini 1100, Renault 8 Gordini 1300, Simca Corsa SS, Simca Corsa 6

Track:
Mondello Park ( Download )
MondelloFull_loading.jpg

Race 1: Mondello Park National 1.867km
practice start time
:
GMT 19:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19:20 free laps
Race start time: GMT 19:30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Race 2: Mondello Park international 3.621km
Practice start time
:
GMT 19:55 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:15 Free laps
Race start time: GMT 20:25 (13 laps)

Note 2: Cars available: Fiat Abarth 850, Mini Cooper S 1071, Mini Cooper S 970, Mini Cooper S 998, Renault 8 Gordini 1100, Renault 8 Gordini 1300, Simca Corsa SS, Simca Corsa
Note 4: To sign up, Tag me like this - @Rupe Wilson Yes please
this way i wont miss your sign up:)

Racedepartment Calendar: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Jarek Kostowski
  3. Sven-Arne Andersson
  4. Yves Larose
  5. Hans Sneep
  6. Hiroshi Awazu
  7. Paul Bennett
  8. Franklin Stegink
  9. Steve Walker
  10. Philip Brown
  11. Allan Ramsbottom
  12. Denis Betty
  13. Rene van Zijp
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver

Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using GTL Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.
And it is not Touring cars !!!

Last edited:
gttca03-png.52371

Class /Cars: GTTC A0
Austin Healey sprite, Alpine A110 1100, Fiat Abarth 850, Mini Cooper S 1071, Mini Cooper S 970, Mini Cooper S 998, Renault 8 Gordini 1100, Renault 8 Gordini 1300, Simca Corsa SS, Simca Corsa 6

Track:
Mondello Park ( Download )

Race 1: Mondello Park National 1.867km
practice start time
:
GMT 19:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19:20 free laps
Race start time: GMT 19:30 (13 laps)
Race 2: Mondello Park international 3.621km
Practice start time
:
GMT 19:55 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:15 Free laps
Race start time: GMT 20:25 (13 laps)

Note 4: To sign up, Tag me like this - @Rupe Wilson Yes please
this way i wont miss your sign up:)

Racedepartment Calendar: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Jarek Kostowski
  3. Hans Sneep
  4. Franklin Stegink
  5. Yves Larose
  6. Hiroshi Awazu
  7. Stig Bidstrup
  8. Denis Betty
  9. Sven-Arne Andersson
  10. Steve Walker
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver

Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using GTL Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.
And it is not Touring cars !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years