rFactor Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
386026rFactorHistoricXflyer.jpg

Please Note this is for rFactor 1

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HistorX
Ip 5.198.127.19:34297
Class /Cars: Lotus Elite '61 Vs Fiat Abarth 1000TC '65
Track: Watkins glen Nascar layout ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (13 laps)

Note 1: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 2: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Lotus / Race2 = Abarth Even number vice versa.
Note 2: 10 minute Superpole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an inlap )
but please use escape on the 3rd lap do not drive it

Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson - lotus / Abarth
  2. Yves Larose - Abarth/ lotus
  3. Matej Lakota - Lotus / Abarth
  4. Jarek Kostowski - Abarth/ lotus
  5. Andrew Jarnell - Lotus / Abarth
  6. Jack Smith - Abarth/ lotus
  7. Tristan Clark - Lotus / Abarth
  8. Hans Sneep - Abarth/ lotus
  9. Steven Walker - Lotus / Abarth
  10. Mike Bishop - Abarth/ lotus
  11. Allan Ramsbottom - Lotus / Abarth
  12. Mick Martin - Abarth/ lotus
  13. Jacob Boonstra - Lotus / Abarth
  14. Krzysztof Babi - Abarth/ lotus
  15. Tim Ling - Lotus / Abarth
  16. Stig Bidstrup - Abarth/ lotus
  17. Roland Warmenhoven - Abarth/ lotus
  18. Hiroshi Awazu - Abarth/ lotus
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

For info on HistorX 1.96 click me

Last edited:
Dropped into this without any practice at all, but the great track and car combo made it easy to get into the rhythm.

R1: Mini 1098. Chose this car as I love Mini's, and I needed something forgiving to start with. Had a brilliant race, a few battles along the way and grabbed 4th due to my fantastic driving (and people blowing their engines)

R2: In a moment of madness I took a Gordini. Had some problems controling it at first, though going from a FF car to a RR probably didn't help. A few setup adjustments that actually worked :O_o::confused: made the car a bit easier to drive, and I started to get the hang of it. A good quali, 4th, but a bad start and a spin set me 3rd from last. I was chasing down Hans, but every time I got close had lagged a little bit, which tbh put me off a little and I made a mistake :(. Finally on lap 7 I was up behind Hans at the Darwin hairpin when he lagged a bit and I spun to a stop. I went to pull away, but I'd gone into neutral by mistake and had my own BBQ :cry::poop:. Spent the rest of the race watching @Steven Walker @Allan Ramsbottom & @Hans Sneep in a 3 way Mini battle :thumbsup:

2 fried engines. :(
Maybe using the grinding tranny mod was a litle ambitious on my part.
It's strange though, if I miss a couple of gears in praccy the engine can hold on for ages, but in both races..... it didn't.
Oh well, back to the drawing board.
I shall be back on Thurs with the bit between my teeth (seeing as I'm such a donkey). ;)

Dont worry Denis i did the same full the full grinding tranny in race 1 missed a gear and Flames every where.
Race 2 lost half the forces in my wheel, i could still feel the kurbs but nothing else, when i got it working with a reset i almost took Steven out on the straight and my wheel was off centre.. decided to call it a night.

Well at least we get 2 more nights to race this track with different cars form the class.

I also lost engine in first race, even "engine health" was on 83%. That˙s strange because, except at the start of my first ever race, when I didn˙t know, how vulnerable are these old engines, I˙ve never had similar problem, because with one of my eye I keep looking on "engine health number".

... until then, great battle with (much faster) Yves and thanks all for another great evening.

another cracking event thanks @Rupe Wilson and @Steven Walker for it and all who showed up :thumbsup:

Qualy 1: decided not to qualified and start at the back.

Race 1: had a good start and made a few places before T1, after 3 laps (i think) i was in P1 and around lap 5 @Allan Ramsbottom have caught up with me and was putting big pressure on me but i hold it and took the win at then by a car lenght or about. nice racing Allan :thumbsup:

Qualy 2: again decided not to qualified and start at the back.

Race 2: again made a few places before T1 and then started to have a 3 way battle with @Jarek Kostowski and @Allan Ramsbottom , me and Jarek were both faster then allan but we were battling eachother while trying to pass Allan right left and center :roflmao: poor Allan it should have been nerve recking trying to figure out where we were behind him. after a few laps of this crazy battle coming down the hill for the fast right hander i pulled to the interior to make a pass on Allan while Jarek tried to pass him on the exterior which didn,t went well for Jarek, he got a little nudge from Allan (not his fault just a crazy situation) sending him off track ending his race :( i was then in third place 6 seconds behind second place and over 8 seconds behind first place, started pushing and caught up and took second place but the gap to first place was too big and by the end of the race i was still 2 seconds behind first place so i finished in second :)

I've tried installing this track several times and it always hangs on loading.

Curious thing is there are 4 subfolders in this mod with each track twice - one with -AC added on to the folder name. Only the non AC folders show up in the game. Should the -AC subfolders be deleted?

Should all the files from this MOD be in the Donnington folder? Or should the ones not in the subfolders be in the Location folder?

I've tried installing this track several times and it always hangs on loading.

Curious thing is there are 4 subfolders in this mod with each track twice - one with -AC added on to the folder name. Only the non AC folders show up in the game. Should the -AC subfolders be deleted?

Should all the files from this MOD be in the Donnington folder? Or should the ones not in the subfolders be in the Location folder?

Just curious, are you taking all the files out of the BBSE folder then installing into the Locations folder? because if you do that the track will not load.

Just drop the BBSE folder containing all the track files into your Locations folder and everything should be ok.

Just curious, are you taking all the files out of the BBSE folder then installing into the Locations folder? because if you do that the track will not load.

Just drop the BBSE folder containing all the track files into your Locations folder and everything should be ok.

Ah! Thanks Steve and Hiroshi - thought the BBSE folder was unnecessary.

So what kind of times are you guys running here? In the 1:40s?

Last edited:
Ah! Thanks Steve and Hiroshi - thought the BBSE folder was unnecessary.

So what kind of times are you guys running here? In the 1:40s?

As a rule of thumb anything inside the Gamedata\Locations folder should be placed into where you have your tracks stored (even if it does look odd).;)

As for lap times.... we don't like to talk about this in the forums as we have drivers of all skill levels racing with us and if they see someone is 5 or 6 seconds faster than their best effort then that could put them off joining the race and this would lead to smaller grids and perhaps an elitist one at that etc etc etc ..... but in a word, yes.:thumbsup:

Can't make this one because my 3 year old grand daughter is arriving about race time for a week and a half visit and Grampiejack is her play toy. Then the other grand daughter is arriving, with her family, for the weekend, so I could quite busy if not nuts. Have fun.

As someone who is far slower than that time, I understand completely. I'm a total noob to this type of racing and am just looking for a ball park number to practice towards.

Don't worry Lou, you'll be in good company. It's a learning curve but well worth it. If you look out for other drivers on the server, you can join them to get an idea. They'll help with setups, suggested gears, braking points and the like if you ask. It will also ensure that everything is working at your end so that you don't find out last minute on the night that you have a
mismatch/problem.

Hope to see you on track soon. I'll post here before I go on the server later today. Good luck for Sunday if you decide to sign up. I have a feeling you'll be just fine.

Thanks for the warm welcome Denis. I've been able to get on the server.

I'll keep an eye on you guys but I'm GMT-7 so it's not easy - also restricts me to weekend racing.

Hi @Lou Sytsma , i'm from the east cost so -4 GMT so if you want a practice partner during the week i can manage it just send me a pm in advance to let me know when your gonna be online and i'll let you know if i can make it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%