rFactor Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
386026rFactorHistoricXflyer.jpg

Please Note this is for rFactor 1

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HistorX
Ip 5.198.127.19:34297
Class /Cars: Lotus Elite '61 Vs Fiat Abarth 1000TC '65
Track: Watkins glen Nascar layout ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (13 laps)

Note 1: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 2: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Lotus / Race2 = Abarth Even number vice versa.
Note 2: 10 minute Superpole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an inlap )
but please use escape on the 3rd lap do not drive it

Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson - lotus / Abarth
  2. Yves Larose - Abarth/ lotus
  3. Matej Lakota - Lotus / Abarth
  4. Jarek Kostowski - Abarth/ lotus
  5. Andrew Jarnell - Lotus / Abarth
  6. Jack Smith - Abarth/ lotus
  7. Tristan Clark - Lotus / Abarth
  8. Hans Sneep - Abarth/ lotus
  9. Steven Walker - Lotus / Abarth
  10. Mike Bishop - Abarth/ lotus
  11. Allan Ramsbottom - Lotus / Abarth
  12. Mick Martin - Abarth/ lotus
  13. Jacob Boonstra - Lotus / Abarth
  14. Krzysztof Babi - Abarth/ lotus
  15. Tim Ling - Lotus / Abarth
  16. Stig Bidstrup - Abarth/ lotus
  17. Roland Warmenhoven - Abarth/ lotus
  18. Hiroshi Awazu - Abarth/ lotus
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

For info on HistorX 1.96 click me

Last edited:
Last week I made a commitment to start racing using the clutch and H-Shifter instead of the paddles so I approached last night's race with a certain amount of trepidation but as race 1 started I seemed to calm down and concentrate on trying to nail my shifts. Things seemed to go surprisingly well as, except for a few missed shifts, I made it through the race and was about to finish in 4th place ........ when the engine decided to take it's bat & ball home on the last bend of the last lap. :cry:. I didn't even have enough speed left to coast over then line.:cry:

After taking a few minutes to recover from the shock and wipe my eyes dry I made a few little tweaks to the setup and lined up on the grid for race two. This time I barely made half race distance when another missed shift result in a front end barbecue.:cry::cry:

With my supply of tissues running low I reverted to my original setup and resolved to just concentrate on getting the gear shifts correct and not worry too much about positions. I managed to get a decent start and nailed the change into second gear whilst closing quite quickly up Tim's left side. I then went for third gear and ...... MISSED IT !!!:confused: The engine gave out a short scream and I was cooking burgers again on the front end inferno.:cry::cry::cry:

Despite all my woes and having no tissues left I had a great time with you guys and can't wait for the next race.:thumbsup:

this was kinf of hard event for me even if it doesn't shown on track but personaly it was. i stayed up late to watch the F1 race live so i went to bed arounf 7AM got up at 12.30 only to found out that it was snowing, stopped snowing around 1.00 so i went out to clear the driveway, the snow was heavy and sticky so it took lots of energy cleaning it. came in at 2.55 soaking wet so i dried myself and chanfed and after that had a smoke then i loged in around 3.05 no previous praccy and no setup.

Qualy 1: took second place behind Jarek only .1ish apart.

Race 1: had a good start and was able to stay with Jarek and we started a battle for a couple of laps swapping places a few times until i was able to pull a little gap and maintain it. starting lap 11 the fatigue kicked in and i started making little mistakes here and there allowing Jarek to close in and again we started battling hard but fair for the remaining laps swapping places a few time again and on the last lap at the last corner i lost the rear a little loosing the speed momentum allowing Jarek to pass and took the win.

Qualy 2: again took second places behind Jarek but this time it was even closer .080 apart.

Race 2: had a good start again but Allan had a better one so we battled for a few laps for second place alowing Jarek to pull a little gap and i was unable to catch him after i took the better on Allan. finished the race in second place behind Jarek.

Qualy 3: i decided not to qualified to preserve what was left in energy for me.

Race 3: again had a good start from last place and was able to gain a few places at T1, at the beginning of lap 2 i was in third place and by the start of lap 3 i was in P1 (i think). from there i was able to pull a gap and took the win.

after the event i was really beat and the arms were hurting and i still feel the effect of Sunday but it was still a fun event, thanks Rupe and Steven for it and everybody that showed up :thumbsup:

@Jarek Kostowski there really had a mistake in the top post of all the events of this week but Rupe corrected it, it was the start time of the event it was still at 20.00 GMT when Rupe posted the event it was a simple copy and paste mistake from his part ;)

EDIT: looking closely there is still a mistake in all the top post of all the events this week try to find it :p

@Jarek Kostowski there really had a mistake in the top post of all the events of this week but Rupe corrected it, it was the start time of the event it was still at 20.00 GMT when Rupe posted the event it was a simple copy and paste mistake from his part ;)

EDIT: looking closely there is still a mistake in all the top post of all the events this week try to find it :p
Austin healy sprite 59
is not mentioned under NOTE 2 note 3 you have to drive a diffrent car for each event this week ?????
Stig Bidstrup

Note 2: cars that are to fast or slow have been left out the class Cars available

Note 3: if you race all week you will need to drive a different car and you cant use a car you have already driven through the week. So yes every race you will need to drive a different car .

Bad luck for me this time.

Both races started out great, in race 1 (Abarth) i started somewhere in the middle (5th i think), got very quickly off the line so i got in the way of the guys in faster cars for 1 or 2 laps but couldn't hold them off for long. Had a nice battle with @Tim Ling for 4th for a few laps who was faster but made 1 or 2 mistakes, so i had a chance to keep up.
Didn't check the rpm range of the car in the spec sheet though and was assuming i'm overdriving it a bit.
Which proved to be true as my engine went up in flames.

Race 2 began even better, started at the back in front of Yves, gained a few positions at the start and got into a very nice & close battle with @Yves Larose and @Allan Ramsbottom , unfortunately a tiny touch between Allan and me send me off into the sandtrap as i was trying to squeeze by on the outside.
Ordinary race incident, **** happens.

I had my fair share of fun nevertheless, thanks for organizing and racing, grats to the winners :thumbsup:.

It was painful to miss the Mini race though, gotta say the 1071 is greatly balanced and provides some very fun battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 381 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%