rF2 HistoriX 1310 Mini's @ Vallelunga - Sunday 30 november 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a shame, Eric. You should try to get GTL, it's cheap these days and a great sim if you enjoy the classic cars and a real challenge.

Humm... Thanks Warren, I'll look into it, but I also have the DVD version of rFactor which forces me to keep that DVD in the drive in order to play. From my understanding I need to have the GTL CD in the drive in order to use this mod. RIght? (I only have 1 DVD drive).

No Eric, you only need the DVD in the drive at the time of installation. It will check that you have it in the drive, then install it normally. After that, you don't need the GTL DVD in the drive anymore for this mod.

I didn't think you would need the DVD in the drive for rFactor either, but I have the download version of it. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

No Eric, you only need the DVD in the drive at the time of installation. It will check that you have it in the drive, then install it normally. After that, you don't need the GTL DVD in the drive anymore for this mod.
That makes sense. I will see if I can get it before the 30th

I didn't think you would need the DVD in the drive for rFactor either, but I have the download version of it. Maybe someone else can confirm that.
You do need it with the boxed US version. I was going to buy it online but it was $39.90 online vs $27 at a local store in a nice pretty shiny box.

Patrick,will you put me on the reserve list,I have some family festivities that day but I hope to be back on time to race this wan.

Nice race track,did see the Superleage Formule race there last Sunday, the Dutch boys do a good job there.

Yelmer Buurman PSV 2 de Overall
Robert Doornbos AC Milaan 4 de Overall

Hans

As for rFactor and the dvd, yes you do need it in the drive, but there is a crack which works fine. I use it as my dvd/ dvd drive can be temperamental.

Something strange happens last evening,started a ofline race for 10 laps with 12 cars an after a lap of 8 all the cars had motor problems including me,
started the race again and watch carefully at my reves but it happened again .

some i deer ??
Hans

I remember driving a lot of practice laps a while ago to see what would happen with fuel and tyre wear, and didn't have any issues with engine failure (except once when I threw it into 1st too quickly by accident). Have you checked your setup options. I did notice that you could chew the tyres fast if you were very aggressive.

I remember driving a lot of practice laps a while ago to see what would happen with fuel and tyre wear, and didn't have any issues with engine failure (except once when I threw it into 1st too quickly by accident). Have you checked your setup options. I did notice that you could chew the tyres fast if you were very aggressive.

Warren, when I am driving alone no problem but a race with AI give the problem, engine failure fore almost all the cars.

Hans

btw I am never aggressive::wink2:

Warren, when I am driving alone no problem but a race with AI give the problem, engine failure fore almost all the cars.

Hans

btw I am never aggressive::wink2:

Hans, I just tried a test race off-line with 15 AI cars over 16 laps at Vallelunga and all cars including me finished without any problems. I was pretty hard on the car too, didn't hold back.

Are you sure it was engine failure and not running out of fuel?

If it is any help, I have attached my setup.

Attachments

• WAD1_Mini1310_Vallelunga.svm
    3.8 KB · Views: 272
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years