HistoricX racing club feedback and suggestions

Yves Larose

Premium
Hi guy's

in this thread we'll be talking about suggestions for events, in the next few weeks we'll be trying different things and you are welcome to make suggestions after all its everybody club i will only ask that when you suggest an event that you also think about the less skilled driver so it won't be too hard and not enjoyable for them.

let's start talking :)

Hello, I'm new here and I have still not understood all things, like if skins from drivers are welcome ore not.
In case they are welcome, I have my skin for the Abarth 850.
It's just a skin of the HistorX #80, not a new car.
Let me know if this way is allowed or if it is mandatory a new car with its .veh.

This is the car and here are the files

rfgaravello.jpg

Wow! Great skills Luca. I'm lovin your work.
Skins from club members are very welcome and (as far as I'm concerned) to be veciferously encouraged.
I'm not able to make skins myself, but if anybody wants to make their own skin.... bring it on!
One proviso would be, that any skins tendered for club racing should be in keeping with race cars from the relevant era. But yes, if you wanna make your own skins, please post them here and we will do our best to include them.
So long as skins are compatible, and will work on the server, we will do our best to include them in our skinpacks.
Onwards and upwards, RDHXRC goes from strength to strength. Gentleman racers... we are a law unto ourselves. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Fiat 850s done

I'll be getting the pack to Denis over the weekend so we can use it (hopefully) next week in the sprints.
No freakin way. This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. Oooh, I'M DOIN BACK FLIPS. Thank you Stu, i really love my skin mate. Yay, thank you so much. I can drive round at the back now, with a massive grin on my head. You, my friend, are flippinn beeeyoutiah. :) :) :)

@Luca Bernacchini - as Denis said, the more the merrier. 

I thought of just doing true skins like yours rather than my pack, which is full cars with *.veh files, but decided against it for a few reasons.

1. I'd only ever done skins the way yours works before (in the awesome fun Caterham mod) and wanted to add drivers names and details into the menu this time around.
2. When we do the results files using skins like yours, everyone would be driving the same car, same number, same team (ie #80). It's only a small thing but it did sway me a bit.
3. I'm fiddling about with a bit of engine swapping, putting one cars engine into another cars physics to try and create a mongrel car that would fit into another class. So I decided to try and use this as a bit of a *.veh file crash course as to what affects what.

I must stress you Do Not have to turn it into a full car, and I'll definitely add the skin files to the pack for you, no problem. I mean, your way is the easiest way, and the way rf was meant to work with it, I just made it a little trickier for myself for my own edification.

Last edited:
Thank you Denis and Stuart.
Next time I'll create a car with its veh.
I've never did it before, even because I'm scared to create conflicts with other cars.
For example, if my car's veh says Number=64 and there is another car with the same number, what happen?
Anyway, I'll try once I will know which car will be the next.

Thank you Denis and Stuart.
Next time I'll create a car with its veh.
I've never did it before, even because I'm scared to create conflicts with other cars.
For example, if my car's veh says Number=64 and there is another car with the same number, what happen
You can add all sorts of other numbers & letters as prefixes and suffixes so there is uniqueness there.

Let me know via PM when you are starting one where you think it might clash, and I'll run you through it.

I've got some nice Sprite templates and base designs from GTL days (some of you may remember) that I can hopefully leverage to get them done pretty sharpish, same for the Minis (likewise, some of you will recall these from GTL), so the only one I'd have to create from scratch to complete A0 will be the Alpine, and as I'm keeping things simple, it shouldn't be an overly tricky task.

cant follow what you mean
I would like to have a list of requested tracks in one place. If you copy the list of tracks and paste them in a reply - then you add a request, my list will build up.

Like this:
Suggested Tracks (copy and paste this part and add your track(s)
Mid-Ohio - Allan
Kanebitten - Allan
Assen (not the Dutch track I was thinking of Hans?) - Peter
Zandvoort - Hans

I would like to have a list of requested tracks in one place. If you copy the list of tracks and paste them in a reply - then you add a request, my list will build up.

Like this:
Suggested Tracks (copy and paste this part and add your track(s)
Mid-Ohio - Allan
Kanebitten - Allan
Assen (not the Dutch track I was thinking of Hans?) - Peter
Zandvoort - Hans

I thought you'd NEVER ask Hans. :p
I'll post it for next week... Straight away. :roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%