HistoricX racing club feedback and suggestions

Yves Larose

Premium
Hi guy's

in this thread we'll be talking about suggestions for events, in the next few weeks we'll be trying different things and you are welcome to make suggestions after all its everybody club i will only ask that when you suggest an event that you also think about the less skilled driver so it won't be too hard and not enjoyable for them.

let's start talking :)

Hi guys. It's been some considerable time since the previous post in this thread. I think maybe it's time to get a conversation going about the future direction of the club. How do you think it's going? Anything you'd like to see in future?
What about driving standards and adherence to RD club racing rules?
I came across a thread in the rF2 forum HERE and it made me think. Would you like to see some similar "Local" rules/code of conduct here at HistorX?
BTW, please don't use this thread to mention/discuss individual incidents. Pointing fingers at people and naming others is against RD rules.
@Yves Larose @Jarek Kostowski @Allan Ramsbottom @JeffL @Roland @Andy Jones @brooptss @Jack Smith @Enzo Fazzi @Sri Sri @Hans Sneep @Maser v6 @Joe Cannarozzo @Sven-Arne Andersson @Stig Bidstrup @Peter Stokman @Rupe Wilson @Stan @Gijs van Elderen @905evo @St3fan

Oh, I nearly forgot. If any of you chaps would like to sign up for some HistorX club racing, that would be super. ;)

I like this sentence from the Presto text:
"Where a real f1 driver’s main objective when fighting for position is to stay/get ahead, ours is that both parties comes out of it without an incident."

Honestly, i can't think of anything to nitpick about. I'd say everybody gives his best to be fair & clean 99% of the time and about 95% of the time we succeed with this :D;).

Maybe a little Mini-Cross some time soon? I have 2 or 3 tracks we could use. Wouldn't mind one night of figure eight racing in the muscles either, just for the laughs.

I remember one of the event types we used to have in GTL (so hopefully it might translate to HistorX) was a "sprint/feature" evening. I don't recall the dedi settings on rF perfectly, but I think it allows you a list of tracks, albeit with a fixed lapcount across all of them.

So - taking a track that's got more than one layout, and where laptimes on the short one are approx 50% of the long one, (eg Anderstop North & GP, approx 0:55 & 1:50) you would set the lapcount to 19. That still gives you 50 mins total racing, but instead of 2x25 mins, you get 1x17mins (sprint) & 1x35 mins (feature).

It would allow the thrashers a bit more leeway with engine health in the sprint, but also lets the more measured drivers who look after their engine and tyres more time for their style to pay dividends.

And, the short race helps to learn about half of the long track. It's kind of a twofer.

I think rally X is gonna be on my list for the near future then.
a "sprint/feature" evening
This sounds interesting too. I can have a look and maybe run it by you. How about Mondello? I remember a sprint race on the short track there that had us all rolling around laughing. Was that in rF though or was it back in the day on GTL?

I definitely ran more than one of these in GTL using Mondello way back when. The fact it has 4 layouts with the same start/finish section, but huge disparity in laptimes means you've got huge scope to manipulate race times. 20 laps on Short & International would give you a 12 minute sprint and a 40 minute feature - although that is one of the extremes.

It would allow the thrashers a bit more leeway with engine health in the sprint, but also lets the more measured drivers who look after their engine and tyres more time for their style to pay dividends.

i don't think that engine health is an issue any more for any of the club regulars, just stay away from XD and instead use GID or rFDynHud and everything will be fine as its known that XD mess with the engine health. With many of the cars we can push the engine really hard for as long as we want and tire wear is not an issue either unless you use an higher setting on the dedi server so either its a short sprint race or an one hour race it doesn't change anything how you drive the cars.

i don't think that engine health is an issue any more for any of the club regulars, just stay away from XD and instead use GID or rFDynHud and everything will be fine as its known that XD mess with the engine health. With many of the cars we can push the engine really hard for as long as we want and tire wear is not an issue either unless you use an higher setting on the dedi server so either its a short sprint race or an one hour race it doesn't change anything how you drive the cars.
Got you - it was mostly tyre wear in GTL that made it challenging. Their engines were pretty strong, but the tyres not so much. I remember Lenno doing nearly 90 minutes at full chat in the Falcon round Bathurst. By the end of that, he was pretty much running on metal.

personally i like all drivers all the same cars allways like last races great fun ( who wants a referendum about this (they are very hot atm :):):):):cool: )
Hi Peter, I moved the conversation over here because I wanted to keep the race thread on topic.
Thanks for voicing an opinion on this. That's exactly what I want, if club members tell me what they prefer, I can do my best to be accomodating (ooh matron ;) ).
On this particular issue, I felt that an even mix of cars would... well, mix things up a bit. :rolleyes:
I happy to have a vote on things now and a gain, particularly on major stuff or if it becomes clear that a reasonable proportion of members want something to change/remain the same.

Hi guys

Just a quick update on what I have planned for the next few weeks.
I have started working on combos and I'm now begining to realise what goes into that. It turns out that I have an awful lot to learn. I really want to do a good job of choosing combos for the club and I don't wanna drop the ball. I have therefore decided, that in order to keep my learning curve as steep as I can, I'm going to work my way through the classes in a methodical way. I'm also gonna try to use tracks that we know (for the most part) in order to cut down on testing. This is just until I find my feet and develop my own style of putting good/interesting combos together.

I hope you guys will continue to support me while I get myself up to speed on this.

Thanks chaps, see you all on track.:thumbsup:

Gents, many of the cars in the mod have plenty of skins to choose from, but quite a few are very limited in that regard.
Stuart has kindly offered to make some new skins to suit, a few at a time and as we go along. He's not talking fancy skins covered in decals, just basic skins of different colours with your own numbers, etc. We could have different coloured pannels - say, a red car with a black hood, some "Go Faster Stripes" or maybe a checked roof etc. For those of you who were in GTL leagues, it may be possible to reproduce your old league skins.
Waddya think chaps? Good idea? Let us know if you have a colour scheme in mind. You never know, you may end up with you own custom skins to race for one or two of the cars in this mod. :thumbsup:

Nice one Tim :thumbsup:

Send me anything you end up doing and I'll work it into the packs. Try and start in A0 with cars that have less than, say, 5 skins by default because they're the ones that need this the most.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back