HistoricX racing club feedback and suggestions

Yves Larose

Premium
Hi guy's

in this thread we'll be talking about suggestions for events, in the next few weeks we'll be trying different things and you are welcome to make suggestions after all its everybody club i will only ask that when you suggest an event that you also think about the less skilled driver so it won't be too hard and not enjoyable for them.

let's start talking :)

I don't like most of the cars. After the install 4 other mods became corrupted, some use suddenly totally different sounds. Had to reinstall rfactor.
You need a separate install of rFactor for HistorX.
It does state this in the install instructions which need to be followed very carefully.
Sorry you don't like the cars, they're tricky to drive but I think that's one of the things most people like about this mod. I think it's well worth giving it another try because once you get the hang of it, it's very rewarding. :thumbsup:

I would like to see some tracks which suit... "less talented/able drivers a bit more. Many of the tracks that we've driven lately have been old/historic tracks which lack braking markers, run off areas etc. Some have been very long and difficult to learn. Others have had chicanes made from imovable objects or tyres, half burried in the ground. These things make it hard for novice/less able drivers. Long, difficult tracks need a lot of practice to learn them properly. Tracks that lack for safety mean that a small error can end your race.
Idon't think it needs to be every week, but more "novice friendly" tracks might be more conducive to encouraging new members/less able drivers to join in and therefore increase grid sizes.
This is not meant to sound negative, (I really apreaciate what you guys are doing) just my thoughts really.

I would like to see some tracks which suit... "less talented/able drivers a bit more. Many of the tracks that we've driven lately have been old/historic tracks which lack braking markers, run off areas etc. Some have been very long and difficult to learn. Others have had chicanes made from imovable objects or tyres, half burried in the ground. These things make it hard for novice/less able drivers. Long, difficult tracks need a lot of practice to learn them properly. Tracks that lack for safety mean that a small error can end your race.
Idon't think it needs to be every week, but more "novice friendly" tracks might be more conducive to encouraging new members/less able drivers to join in and therefore increase grid sizes.
This is not meant to sound negative, (I really apreaciate what you guys are doing) just my thoughts really.
Feel free to leave suggestions of what you'd like to drive here or send them to us via pm. This week the bumps make it challenging indeed, next week should hopefully be to Your liking as the track is smooth as butter and the layout rather relaxing.
Personally, i think we have a good mix of hard/easy cars & hard/easy tracks, Birmingham & Putnam i'd rate as medium difficulty and Longford has very few braking points and was wished for, as you know.
But i agree that the tendency went slightly towards the harder tracks lately,
your concerns are noted :thumbsup:.

The best you can do to have an influence on the situation is suggest us tracks or combos you'd like to run. I'm trying to not go back to tracks we have raced on yet, so the choice get's more limited with every week.

A few questions regarding that:
Would you rather go back to a high quality track we have driven, or race on a low quality track we haven't been on yet?
Would you prefer a high quality fictional track to a low quality real one?

And nope, it doesn't sound too negative. That's what the feedback section is for! :)

Edit: Good timing Denis, i was more and more playing with the thought of a Nordschleife week :D.

Last edited:
I would like to drive long distance races.
Specialiy the nordschleife would be great because it isn't too long. Targa florio is maybe a bit too long. Think nordschleife with alfa 1600 and cortinas could be very intersting and less trained drivers can handle it very well

I would like to drive long distance races.
Specialiy the nordschleife would be great because it isn't too long. Targa florio is maybe a bit too long. Think nordschleife with alfa 1600 and cortinas could be very intersting and less trained drivers can handle it very well
While i would love both, a Nordschleife & a Targo Florio week (1 lap without damage in this case), this is pretty much the opposite of what Denis is talking about.
More for the simracing geeks than the casual racer.

Looks like we will have a second 24/7 server running soon, maybe we can put both tracks on there for those of us who miss this kind of stuff in club races.

Anyway, keep input coming if you want us to hit your sweet spots! We're learning in the process, i for one am surprised that some of the tracks i found to be the most exciting seem rather unpopular.

I honestly think that difficulty level is important for club racing. If you want big grids you have to be inclusive. The mod is difficult, we know this. We've had guys try it out and give up after a few weeks because they keep blowing engines /going off track etc. If you then race tracks which are high difficulty/have race ending hazards, you just make it not worth the effort for less able drivers. How long will guys keep coming back if they put... maybe 6 hours practice in and fail in the first few laps on race day? For me it doesn't matter if we've raced a track before. Some are old favourites. I also don't mind a challenge now and again. I just feel that, predominantly, chosen combos should be conducive to a high % of finishers. Just my personal thoughts again. :)

But maybe we can make an long distance event in a few month so everybody found enough time for training. Maybe not an event but an single race.
For that league things I normaly have not the time for training that much, in the moment I stop working on my cars because of the league I really love it but look also forward to the next less stressful club racing events on sunday need to finish my projects. Getting more angry with my racing solution yet think more and more to finish my rig but don't like to steal my cat so much space...

Track suggestions :) 1080p

Thanks for your input!

1. Rostock: On my radar.
2. Grid track: We can't use illegal conversions in RD club racing, i have a few nice NFS:Shift tracks and a great Nordschleife that can't be used either.
3. Linas: Perfect track for a B2 week, which i had planned but decided against it last minute because of the stuttering you get when in that tight righthander at one end of the track. It was even worse on my machine.
4. Nemuno: Never heard of that one, looks like a fun place for a RX race, on my list now :thumbsup:.

I had a thought last night whilst driving the RSR in a club race. I really like the car and thought it might be nice to have a single model RSR race/week in the future. It might be a chance to use the league skins again (thanks again Yves). I mentioned it to @Jarek Kostowski and he seemed happy to go ahead. Thing is, I don't want him to put it on if nobody else likes the car. Could you guys leave a comment here with your thoughts please.
Thanks

PS I'm kinda busy with work during the next few weeks so late October or November would be good for me.

I had a thought last night whilst driving the RSR in a club race. I really like the car and thought it might be nice to have a single model RSR race/week in the future. It might be a chance to use the league skins again (thanks again Yves). I mentioned it to @Jarek Kostowski and he seemed happy to go ahead. Thing is, I don't want him to put it on if nobody else likes the car. Could you guys leave a comment here with your thoughts please.
Thanks

PS I'm kinda busy with work during the next few weeks so late October or November would be good for me.
In October or November is okay with me:thumbsup:, at the moment I am a bit tired of that RSR , reason : all the driving we did in that car during Porsche league ( 2 month ) :coffee:

Hi guys. It's been some considerable time since the previous post in this thread. I think maybe it's time to get a conversation going about the future direction of the club. How do you think it's going? Anything you'd like to see in future?
What about driving standards and adherence to RD club racing rules?
I came across a thread in the rF2 forum HERE and it made me think. Would you like to see some similar "Local" rules/code of conduct here at HistorX?
BTW, please don't use this thread to mention/discuss individual incidents. Pointing fingers at people and naming others is against RD rules.
@Yves Larose @Jarek Kostowski @Allan Ramsbottom @JeffL @Roland @Andy Jones @brooptss @Jack Smith @Enzo Fazzi @Sri Sri @Hans Sneep @Maser v6 @Joe Cannarozzo @Sven-Arne Andersson @Stig Bidstrup @Peter Stokman @Rupe Wilson @Stan @Gijs van Elderen @905evo @St3fan

Oh, I nearly forgot. If any of you chaps would like to sign up for some HistorX club racing, that would be super. ;)

Last edited:
Hi guys. It's been some considerable time since the previous post in this thread. I think maybe it's time to get a conversation going about the future direction of the club. How do you think it's going? Anything you'd like to see in future?
What about driving standards and adherence to RD club racing rules?
I came across a thread in the rF2 forum HERE and it made me think. Would you like to see some similar "Local" rules/code of conduct here at HistorX?
BTW, please don't use this thread to mention/discuss individual incidents. Pointing fingers at people and naming others is against RD rules.
@Yves Larose @Jarek Kostowski @Allan Ramsbottom @JeffL @Roland @Andy Jones @brooptss @Jack Smith @Enzo Fazzi @Sri Sri @Hans Sneep @Maser v6 @Joe Cannarozzo @Sven-Arne Andersson @Stig Bidstrup @Peter Stokman @Rupe Wilson @Stan @Gijs van Elderen @905evo @St3fan

Oh, I nearly forgot. If any of you chaps would like to sign up for some HistorX club racing, that would be super. ;)
@Yves Larose @Jarek Kostowski @Allan Ramsbottom @JeffL @Roland

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%
  • < 5 years