Resource icon

MGP17 Historic Tracks 0.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
Rez I understand you dont want to pass files to me because i havent bought ride 2 or mgp 15 but what you're doing is making me download them illegally somehow.
that is the thing that you wont like at all

You could also just buy those games when they are cheap for sale on steam (one of their games is always on weekly sale) or from a keystore you trust. Or maybe ask your friends if you have some to give you some tracks.
Is it so hard to get, that this mod is intented for owners of the games ?

Be happy i don't have any clue about programming ... otherwise I would make a installer with ownership check.

You could also just buy those games when they are cheap for sale on steam (one of their games is always on weekly sale) or from a keystore you trust. Or maybe ask your friends if you have some to give you some tracks.
Is it so hard to get, that this mod is intented for owners of the games ?

Be happy i don't have any clue about programming ... otherwise I would make a installer with ownership check.
Thanks now i understand but i dont have money to buy them sorry for the inconvenienzes

Thanks for replying to my review, I should of asked in this thread to begin with; how do you make the tracks show up in the menu? I can replace a track with another but not add a new one

Thanks for replying to my review, I should of asked in this thread to begin with; how do you make the tracks show up in the menu? I can replace a track with another but not add a new one

the files you need to edit for adding new tracks are :
DB_Tracks.bml -> mostly menu stuff like trackname, icon, pictures, tracklenght etc.
DB_GameEntityTracks.bml -> connection between DB_Tracks and GfxGem_Tracks
DB_Weekends.bml -> defines the Track and Weather combinations etc.
DB_WeekendSets.bml -> defines Weekends + Laps availible for each class
GfxGem_Tracks.bml -> which 3dmodel, cameras, race-line and stuff game should use
+ the complete folder for the track inside unpacked data.mix -> DATA\TRACKS\<trackname>

at least that is the basic stuff ... you will also need to edit
DB_Idealtracktimes.bml -> imaginary qualifying / laptimes the AI won't drive anyway
DB_Idealsettings.bml -> needed to make bikes use raintyres in the wet^^
and maybe DB_Minimumtimes.bml -> does things ?

if you want to have tracknames show up from other games, Dictionarieslist.bml needs a new entry to point to new ZTS(xml)-file.

sometimes you can just copy the entries from other game 1:1 into the MGP17 bml-files - others need a bit of manual rework.

DB_Tracks.bml -> mostly menu stuff like trackname, icon, pictures, tracklenght etc.
GfxGem_Tracks.bml -> which 3dmodel, cameras, race-line and stuff game should use
+ the complete folder for the track inside unpacked data.mix -> DATA\TRACKS\<trackname>

DB_Idealtracktimes.bml -> imaginary qualifying / laptimes the AI won't drive anyway

if you want to have tracknames show up from other games, Dictionarieslist.bml needs a new entry to point to new ZTS(xml)-file.

sometimes you can just copy the entries from other game 1:1 into the MGP17 bml-files - others need a bit of manual rework.
Thanks, that's a lot of files lol, must of taken ages to figure that all out :)

I've managed to get some tracks to work by doing this, so thank you but some tracks either don't show up or give me this error, I guess it's something I'm doing wrong although I've done the same for other tracks that have worked. Have you ever had this:
error.png

Last edited:
oh yes, I call it pink screen of doom... most likely caused be something wrong in GfxGem_Tracks.bml or DB_GameEntityTracks.bml.
btw. i totally forgot to mention that you also need to edit "mixfiles.lst" in the main folder, to make the game notice that more "mix"-files exist than the ones that come with the game.

oh yes, I call it pink screen of doom... most likely caused be something wrong in GfxGem_Tracks.bml or DB_GameEntityTracks.bml.
btw. i totally forgot to mention that you also need to edit "mixfiles.lst" in the main folder, to make the game notice that more "mix"-files exist than the ones that come with the game.
At least I'm not the only one lol, thanks I'll try checking those files :)

Do you have any tutorial how to install this ? I placed all ther files where they should be. The tracks appear but only load to 50% than the game crashes.
not really, basicly you just replace the existing "data.mix", "gfxgem.mix" and "mixfiles.lst" put the tracks into the "MotoGP17\Tracks\" folder and should be good to go.

maybe one of the files did not get replaced / overwritten correct (windows fault not the users)?

should be no problem, just depending on which way you wanna do it .
do you want to put physics mod into historic mod (should be easiest method) or the opposite way ?
maybe the answer to your question is already a few post upwards (#85) ?
the only file i can imagine both mods use is "DB_Idealtracktimes.bml".

should be no problem, just depending on which way you wanna do it .
do you want to put physics mod into historic mod (should be easiest method) or the opposite way ?
maybe the answer to your question is already a few post upwards (#85) ?
the only file i can imagine both mods use is "DB_Idealtracktimes.bml".
Well i have already installed the physics mod but i can definatly reinstall and start again cause i want the "easy way". because i tried once and i messed up my game heh.

I installed the lastest mod, 0.8. I got all the tracks from VRTG imported over to the 17 except monza. Monza just doesn't show up on the track selection list. And indianapolis from 15 doesn't have sky(but i know solution exists somewhere else, so that's okey). How can i get monza to show up??

And I noticed that the MIXFILES.LST doesn't have any entries for Ride 2 tracks, so that means this mod no longer support importing from Ride 2??

I installed the lastest mod, 0.8. I got all the tracks from VRTG imported over to the 17 except monza. Monza just doesn't show up on the track selection list. And indianapolis from 15 doesn't have sky(but i know solution exists somewhere else, so that's okey). How can i get monza to show up??

And I noticed that the MIXFILES.LST doesn't have any entries for Ride 2 tracks, so that means this mod no longer support importing from Ride 2??

about Monza - i think its just deactivated in data.mix, just not sure how at the moment (did not look into files for a long time, but i will look into it later today)
Indianapolis skybox fix is in the mgp15 modding section forum ;)
this mod never supported ride2 tracks, i guess you mismatch this one here with my other mod :D

I'm assuming I use mixfile remixer to add/replace the files in gfxpak.mix??? otherwise I'm not sure what has gone wrong, added LagunaSeca.mix,Estoril.mix, Assen2002.mix, Phakisa.mix and Donington.mix and Monza.mix and data.mix, gfxgem.mix and mixfiles.lst. I can start game, select tracks, with pictures but as soon as i click start race it goes to a greyish screen then proceeds to crash// any help would be great??

Hello,

Is it possible add a track from vrtg, motogp 17 to motogp 15? I like the spielberg track in motogp 15 game.

thanks
Unfortunately no I don’t think that’s possible, it’s entirely possible to get the track to be displayed in the menu but you can’t take models from new games and put them into old ones but you can put older models in newer games. I’ve never tried tracks but it crashes with bikes so I’d assume it’s the same but you could give it a go but it’d most likely crash during loading

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.3%