Historic GT & Touring Car 1.9 Released

Team HistorX has released their Historic GT & Touring Car 1.9 mod for rFactor, introducing the successor to one of the most popular rFactor mods of all time.
Released back in 2008, the first version of Historic GT & Touring Car is still a favorite in the community due to the endless amount of care & details that is packed into this mod.
The team has improved the first version with new physics, sounds, liveries and most importantly, plenty of all-new scratch-made cars for even more historic racing fun.
  • Approximately 750 liveries.
  • New physics for all cars. The 65s cars have been completely redone. 76s and LM72 have been improved but are similar to what you found in v1.
  • Improved Force Feedback (powered by RealFeel plugin).
  • Realistic shifting behavior (powered by Grinding Tranny mod).
  • New sounds for many of the cars.
  • A lot of new cars: including a lot of models not included in GTL and hundreds of new liveries.
  • New and more flexible classes system.
  • Race standings support racing categories (classes) now.
  • Improved user interface.
  • Now ALT+TAB can be used to switch between the game and Windows Desktop.
  • And more!
Along with the download links to the mod, you can find the mod’s 48-page manual below. It’s very much recommended to consult the manual as it’s packed with controller settings and other helpful stuff that is needed to make most of this stunning mod.
Important:Since the mod uses content from Simbin’s GT Legends as base, a legal copy of GT Legends is required for the installation!

Source virtualr

Download:

http://www.gtlegends.net/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=55

Manual:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jk5iu5nwkpee1uy

Just finished setting up the mod, and it's looking good :cool: :D

Just wondering though, I've decided to make one profile with the "locked cars" mode enabled, but how do I know how much experience I need to unlock a car? Normally in rFactor it displays that information above the car...

Anyone done a lap of Targa with 911 RSR 3.0 yet?

35:55.537 with H-shifter, clutch and Tranny. Pretty clean lap apart from a few little collisions with the barriers and a building-hit just before the straight. So not much time for me to gain anymore apart from getting to know the track more and more. (3. complete lap with the Porsche)

One time I download the 2 .rars files and unrar them, when I do execute the 1st exe it gives me an error when extracting to my rF folder, I don't know what can it be. I've downloaded the mod (2.96GB) 4 times for now, from diferent mirrors, and I always get the same error.
Anyone can help? The error message is this: Error while extracting at HGTTC_P1.7z or something like this.

EDIT: I solved it by myself, when you unrar something it goes thru temporal files, if you don't have enough free space there, it won't unrar, so I deleted some files in order to get more free space, and now it works perfectly.

Anyone done a lap of Targa with 911 RSR 3.0 yet?

35:55.537 with H-shifter, clutch and Tranny. Pretty clean lap apart from a few little collisions with the barriers and a building-hit just before the straight. So not much time for me to gain anymore apart from getting to know the track more and more. (3. complete lap with the Porsche)

Since the track came out to the public in rF, I'm trying to do a lap, but I always crash i some part of the track

This would almost certainly come under the remit of Mr. Stuart Thomson esq. seeing as it's a historic racing mod. I know he ran a few events in the past with the old v1.1 but stopped it as it wasn't quite as good/stable as GT Legends. (i believe that was the reason anyway)

I would say there's enough variety/quality in some of the cars in v1.9 to justify a few events with it, (eg: a decent variety of trans-am cars of comparable speed, and a few other nice cars that we haven't seen in GT Legends such as the Aston Martin Zagatto) but basically the bottom line is, i don't know. Hope that helps! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%