Other Historic GT: Naming Update for AMS [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please define this:

"and put the values below into the big file"

What is "The big file"?

Change the original RealFeel document? Should I now have 3 real feel txt docs in the main AMS folder? (Original and the two in your series naming RAR?)

It is FANTASTIC that the rFactor HistorX mod has come alive again on AMS-but my G27 FFB is now completely screwed up!

What is "The big file"?

Change the original RealFeel document? Should I now have 3 real feel txt docs in the main AMS folder? (Original and the two in your series naming RAR?)

It is FANTASTIC that the rFactor HistorX mod has come alive again on AMS-but my G27 FFB is now completely screwed up!
No not 3 files in main folder just 1
in rar 01 you see 2 infiles one is a file with only 17 (or so) lines General and the second is historicx Original ini in the historic Original you must change the 17 (or so) lines under general with the values from the smaller ini file only keep speechEnabled: True and vehicle limiter size keep it 18 cuz the moderator wrote to me that its not necassery anymore to change this int 17

hope you can follow it ;)

No not 3 files in main folder just 1
in rar 01 you see 2 infiles one is a file with only 17 (or so) lines General and the second is historicx Original ini in the historic Original you must change the 17 (or so) lines under general with the values from the smaller ini file only keep speechEnabled: True and vehicle limiter size keep it 18 cuz the moderator wrote to me that its not necassery anymore to change this int 17

when you done put this ini in main root and overwrite if asked or first remove the real feel plugin file and then put the one in

and this ini file or from whatever game cant screw your G27

hope you can follow it ;)

What is "The big file"?

I have a G27 as well, here's what I do (hopefully its right);

Ignore "RealFeelPlugin Historic GT & Touring Cars v1.96 GSC" (I believe its the old RealFeel settings for the mod in GSC)
I open the RealFeelPlugin_HX.ini and select all and copy.
Then open RealFeelPlugin.ini in the Automobilista main folder and paste the text from RealFeelPlugin_HX to the bottom of it.
Close and save it.
You got your regular RealFeelPlugin settings and the HX settings added to the bottom.
Good to go.
You only want/need the one RealFeelPlugin.ini in your game folder.

Edit: And if you royally messed up your RealFeelPlugin.ini and want to start off with a fresh one before adding the HX entries; you can delete the file and do a Steam File Integrity check like I described on the previous page of this thread. Good luck! Fun mod.

With the latest update I'll mention it once more, the updates tend to revert/reset the RealFeelPlugin.ini to the default file (at least for me, have heard others mention it as well here and on Reiza forums). Sometimes Reiza actually updates the settings for adjustments they've made but more often than not it just happens to be amongst the files marked to update and gets replaced with the default. So either keep a backup handy to always put in there after an update or remember to re-add the HX entries (and any others you might have) after an update.

With the latest update I'll mention it once more, the updates tend to revert/reset the RealFeelPlugin.ini to the default file (at least for me, have heard others mention it as well here and on Reiza forums). Sometimes Reiza actually updates the settings for adjustments they've made but more often than not it just happens to be amongst the files marked to update and gets replaced with the default. So either keep a backup handy to always put in there after an update or remember to re-add the HX entries (and any others you might have) after an update.

Was there an update today (Jan. 11th, 2017)?

Thanks again to Peter Stokman and schlitty-Rocking and Rolling the 60's and 70's HistorX style-FFB is fabulous again!

SnappyDEe: Noticed the RealFeel .txt doc date changed to yesterday's date & time of the 1.21 update. This required adding the "HX" RealFeel lines again-as I was so expertly instructed to do-worked perfectly.

Not a big price to pay for having HistorX in AMS.

I'll be touring Brazil's road courses in my Alfa later!

:)
Thanks again to Peter Stokman and schlitty-Rocking and Rolling the 60's and 70's HistorX style-FFB is fabulous again!

SnappyDEe: Noticed the RealFeel .txt doc date changed to yesterday's date & time of the 1.21 update. This required adding the "HX" RealFeel lines again-as I was so expertly instructed to do-worked perfectly.

Not a big price to pay for having HistorX in AMS.

I'll be touring Brazil's road courses in my Alfa later!
Thanks WP. Yeah, I had to set up the RealFeel again but now it's back to feeling great! :thumbsup:

One thing I have noticed is that the FFB on the Porsche 904 is very weak compared to some of the other classes. Can one of you guys test this car and let me know if you're having the same experience.

Also, did someone mention having a server set up with this mod? If so, how do I join it.

:)
Thanks WP. Yeah, I had to set up the RealFeel again but now it's back to feeling great! :thumbsup:

One thing I have noticed is that the FFB on the Porsche 904 is very weak compared to some of the other classes. Can one of you guys test this car and let me know if you're having the same experience.

Ok happy it worked out all , no thx m8
Also, did someone mention having a server set up with this mod? If so, how do I join it.
we do races with historicx but thats on rfactor1 mod 3x a week

OMG, this mod is so much fun!

Just want to throw out another thanks to all responsible.

@WPxNJ - I've been doing what you mentioned and running single races on AMS Brazilian tracks. So awesome. What's your favorite car/track combo?

FFB on the Porsche 911 in the GTTC 76 class feels odd. It feels like the wheel just wants to flop left/right once I turn in past 20 degrees from center. Should I edit something in the RealFeel .ini or just use the number pad commands? Any help appreciated.

FFB on the Porsche 911 in the GTTC 76 class feels odd. It feels like the wheel just wants to flop left/right once I turn in past 20 degrees from center. Should I edit something in the RealFeel .ini or just use the number pad commands? Any help appreciated.
Hello did you try to adjust your steeringwheel degrees on your wheel ex when the car has 380 degr and your wheel is set at 210 then you get this . always adjust wheel to the degr. Of the car not all cars have the same. Nothing to do with rf ini
Good luck

I'm far from an expert like I always have to say, but another idea to throw out; If it feels "opposite", like the wheel FFB is the wrong direction. crtl+numpad 8 is the shortcut for reversing the RealFeel in-game. I haven't had to use it on this mod but I have on others before.

I'm far from an expert like I always have to say, but another idea to throw out; If it feels "opposite", like the wheel FFB is the wrong direction. crtl+numpad 8 is the shortcut for reversing the RealFeel in-game. I haven't had to use it on this mod but I have on others before.
Yes you are right thats when FFB is reversed but as he explained i understood something difference and for that is my solution .

Thanks guys.
@schlitty - I don't think FFB be reversed is the problem because all of the other cars, even those from other mods, feel just fine. They feel great, in fact. This is happening only with the Porsche 911s from various classes.

I will try Peter's recommendation first to see what happens. I really don't feel like having to adjust my DOR in the Thrustmaster profiler every time I switch sims. We shall see.

these are the values for the Porsche in the RealFeel.ini file for the Historic GT mod. Does anything seem off here? Do you guys have the same values?

[HXPor]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2500.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=3
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000

Does the MaxForceAtSteeringRack setting seem too high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%