Other Historic GT: Naming Update for AMS [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not feeling 'environmental' FFB much with these cars. Like the curbs or if I go in the grass/sand. Is that normal or did I goof up? Everything else feels great and works fine, thanks for the work put in to this!

I'm not feeling 'environmental' FFB much with these cars. Like the curbs or if I go in the grass/sand. Is that normal or did I goof up? Everything else feels great and works fine, thanks for the work put in to this!

you use CTRL + numpad numbers to control real feel like CTRL+np2 for Rf on/of
but works only if car is on the grid / out garage

I am having the same problem as described by Peter. I can see the classes on the car selection menu but there are no Historic ars once i start a session. Even if i choose the "all cars" option there are only stock AMS cars available to drive. Anyone?

I am having the same problem as described by Peter. I can see the classes on the car selection menu but there are no Historic ars once i start a session. Even if i choose the "all cars" option there are only stock AMS cars available to drive. Anyone?

I solved it after downloaded all those RAR files http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/historic-gt-naming-update-for-ams.125234/ see #4 on that page
1st load them all then click on part 01 and all rest goes automaticly after that install the 0.6 naming update

gd luck

Thanks so much Peter. I will try it tonight. Have you been enjoying the mod? I am deperate to get it working.

Hi David
I havent driven it so much sofar but feels not very bad not very halleluja either but think it improves with setups. and you must read the reel feel instlling carefully how to install it. its somewhere in the mod how to do .
And we drive 3x a week races with those cars in rf1 and ok in AMS looks are better but OLD feeling is better in rf1 . take a look mine recordings

I am still doing something very wrong:
My symptoms - I know that the series files are in the right place because I can see the icons for each class on the vehicle selection menu but, when I select a vehicle class then go to either a practice/single race, etc. - no vehicle (except the camaro pace/safety car). If I use the option of "All vehicles/cars" they are still not there. What should my Vehicles file within AMS look like?

I've tried the following:

Historic AMS files listed in Vehicles folder by class and by individual vehicle:
Steam>Steam apps>Common>Automobilista>GameData>Vehicles>Capri

and..

Historic AMS files listed in Vehicles folder by class and by individual vehicle:
Steam>Steam apps>Common>Automobilista>GameData>Vehicles>Class> (then all the cars for the class are in this folder)

Any help is greatly appreciated... Happy New Year.

I am still doing something very wrong:
My symptoms - I know that the series files are in the right place because I can see the icons for each class on the vehicle selection menu but, when I select a vehicle class then go to either a practice/single race, etc. - no vehicle (except the camaro pace/safety car). If I use the option of "All vehicles/cars" they are still not there. What should my Vehicles file within AMS look like?

I've tried the following:

Steam>Steam apps>Common>Automobilista>GameData>Vehicles>Capri

and..

Steam>Steam apps>Common>Automobilista>GameData>Vehicles>Class> (then all the cars for the class are in this folder)

Any help is greatly appreciated... Happy New Year.

Hi
First i have done that time was delete everything you find about AMS in common/ams/gamedata in sounds talent and vehicles

then open rar 01 you see Gamedata and series klick (open) gamedata then you see sub maps that are in gamedata / klick on Helmets then select all that files (helmets /sounds / Talent /Vehicles (they turn all blue ) then select in top window EXTRACT to then in next window select destination Path steamapss/common/automobilista/Gamedata and then ok that you do the same with the other parts 02 - 08

the series in each rar dont open them just select serie and extract to steam/steamapps/common/automobilista because this goes into the main root file off the game
after you installed all the rar files then install the AMS 0.6 naming update .

The real feel in the par 01 dont do anything with it yet . if game is working i can help you with that if the real feel doesnt feel good later.

Hi
First i have done that time was delete everything you find about AMS in common/ams/gamedata in sounds talent and vehicles

then open rar 01 you see Gamedata and series klick (open) gamedata then you see sub maps that are in gamedata / klick on Helmets then select all that files (helmets /sounds / Talent /Vehicles (they turn all blue ) then select in top window EXTRACT to then in next window select destination Path steamapss/common/automobilista/Gamedata and then ok that you do the same with the other parts 02 - 08

the series in each rar dont open them just select serie and extract to steam/steamapps/common/automobilista because this goes into the main root file off the game
after you installed all the rar files then install the AMS 0.6 naming update .

The real feel in the par 01 dont do anything with it yet . if game is working i can help you with that if the real feel doesnt feel good later.

Mod is working now but the FFB feels weird. What was that you said about the real feel in part 01? Thanks

@SnappyDEe
ok good so far.
you have to open the rar file 01 you see there 2x reel feel ini files the biggest one 22.523 is the Historic one open that one and put the values below into the big file (

[General]
RealFeelIsOn=True
ConsoleEnabled=False
ConsoleRepeatDelay=0.100000
SpeechEnabled=True In the small rarfile it is false but otherwise you dont
KeyRepeatDelay=0.100000 hear it when and what you cxhange in the rfeel while in car
SteerForceInputMax=11500.000000
MinSpeed=0.000000
DefaultMaxForceAtSteeringRack=2000.000000
DefaultSteeringDamper=11500.000000
DefaultFrontGripEffect=0.000000
DefaultSmoothingLevel=3
VehicleDelimiterSize=17
DefaultKf=6000.000000
DefaultKs=5.000000
DefaultA=1.000000
DefaultKr=7.000000

if you changed it save it and put it in the ams>plugins folder and overwrite when its asked

if you done it go in a car and press Rctrl + numpad 2 and check if you hear "realfeel enabled) press 2x because maybe its enabled already and then the first press will disable it
But maybe you allready know how to adjust rf from RF1 its the same

Last edited:
@SnappyDEe
ok good so far.
you have to open the rar file 01 you see there 2x reel feel ini files the biggest one 22.523 is the Historic one open that one and put the values below into the big file (

[General]
RealFeelIsOn=True
ConsoleEnabled=False
ConsoleRepeatDelay=0.100000
SpeechEnabled=True In the small rarfile it is false but otherwise you dont
KeyRepeatDelay=0.100000 hear it when and what you cxhange in the rfeel while in car
SteerForceInputMax=11500.000000
MinSpeed=0.000000
DefaultMaxForceAtSteeringRack=2000.000000
DefaultSteeringDamper=11500.000000
DefaultFrontGripEffect=0.000000
DefaultSmoothingLevel=3
VehicleDelimiterSize=17
DefaultKf=6000.000000
DefaultKs=5.000000
DefaultA=1.000000
DefaultKr=7.000000

if you changed it save it and put it in the ams>plugins folder and overwrite when its asked

if you done it go in a car and press Rctrl + numpad 2 and check if you hear "realfeel enabled) press 2x because maybe its enabled already and then the first press will disable it
But maybe you allready know how to adjust rf from RF1 its the same

Brilliant! The FFB is working normally now and it is great to have this Mod in AMS! Thanks so much for your help, Peter! It's greatly appreciated.

Hello guys, I am new to Automobilista and I think I totally screwed the RealFeelPlugin.ini file by screwing around with the ctrl key and the numberpad without have the voice enabled. Could I please ask someone to upload the correct original file with the HistoriX entries added so I can have a baseline to start with and keep, as a backup in case I screw it up again. I would be most grateful. I really liked the way the forces were before I started messing it up.

You can just delete the RealFeelPlugin.ini and then right click your game in Steam and go to properties. Then click the Local Files tab and click the button 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' It will check the files that are missing and re-download it.

And just a heads up to anybody editting it for this mod or any other reason and don't know; the RealFeelPlugin.ini usually updates when Automobilista updates so it goes back to "default" and you have to add the HX settings in or make your other changes again. So keep a backup of what you like.

Hello guys, I am new to Automobilista and I think I totally screwed the RealFeelPlugin.ini file by screwing around with the ctrl key and the numberpad without have the voice enabled. Could I please ask someone to upload the correct original file with the HistoriX entries added so I can have a baseline to start with and keep, as a backup in case I screw it up again. I would be most grateful. I really liked the way the forces were before I started messing it up.
hi
you cant really srew up your ini , if you take another care then the settings are default again you only changed the ini from the cars you just used and changed.

i put in my ini file its good for ams and the ams historic mod just put in your main rootfile and overwrite if asked .

Attachments

• RealFeelPlugin.ini
    9.7 KB · Views: 268
You can just delete the RealFeelPlugin.ini and then right click your game in Steam and go to properties. Then click the Local Files tab and click the button 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' It will check the files that are missing and re-download it.

And just a heads up to anybody editting it for this mod or any other reason and don't know; the RealFeelPlugin.ini usually updates when Automobilista updates so it goes back to "default" and you have to add the HX settings in or make your other changes again. So keep a backup of what you like.

i havent had that issue you are mentioning. but keeping a copy never harms

Peter, I looked at your file and I don't see all of the values that are included in the RealFeelPlugin_HX.ini ? Does that mean that they are not needed in the original RealFeelPlugin.ini ?

Peter, I looked at your file and I don't see all of the values that are included in the RealFeelPlugin_HX.ini ? Does that mean that they are not needed in the original RealFeelPlugin.ini ?

the only one i see not in it is Log enabled =false but all works fine here with me Most isnt that important but for the Historic AM that value VehicleDelimiterSize=17 is important cuz standard that is 18 all other values you can adjust that are only default values as example this one : DefaultSteeringDamper=115.000000 as it comes from developer its 11500.000000 but i all changed that default and all cars into 115.0000 cuz thats the starting value for me that i like and then i go up in game depending the car to 560 in 3 - 4 clicks instead aalll the way back from 11500.0000 to 560.000 and if i drive a new car for the first time it takes the default values that i put in top of the ini under GENERAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%